RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gambler NPC

Zulu

Wanderer
Gambler NPC *updated*

Updates: - Feb 26
-Fixed double down bug.
-Fixed gambler's hearing problem.

Summary: - Updated
Gambler NPC that will play Blackjack AND Poker against the player. This is my first script based on my POL NPC Gambler. I have added poker to this version.

Description:
This is the same script posted before with the following changes.
- fixed NewCards, which caused errors.
- Updated for b36.
- included bug fixes and updates by XxSP1DERxX.

standard graphics

verdata graphics

Installation:
Download and copy to your custom folder.

Attachments

• gambler.zip
    6 KB · Views: 1,981

tenderheart

Wanderer
some help plz

yes im here asking a question i got your script on the black jack and poker it works good and all but how do i make the cards show???? :confused:

Zulu

Wanderer
Sorry, I posted the zip file with the enhanced graphics turned on. I fixed the zip file, but to change to the standard graphics use...

You need to edit the gambler.cs file and find the line:
public static bool NewCards = true;
show new verdata cards (gump.mul)

replace with
public static bool NewCards = false;
show standard cards.

every player needs an edited gump.mul file to show the new graphics.

Icon

Wanderer
oh well seems i dont even have a verdata.mul file :(
so i cant add the cards :(

oh well nice script (i guess) :(

Hk

mrfixit

Wanderer
Eh. Why do it easy when you can do it hard huh?

A tip. Take that UOP file in the "2d patch" and import it into MUOTool. Then save it as a MUO file and add it to UOGateway and it will work on both 2d and 3d.

mrfixit

Wanderer
mrfixit said:
Eh. Why do it easy when you can do it hard huh?

A tip. Take that UOP file in the "2d patch" and import it into MUOTool. Then save it as a MUO file and add it to UOGateway and it will work on both 2d and 3d.

Dang. There is a bug in 1.8 and latest beta of 1.9 preventing the gumps from being used properly. Will get a 1.9 version that works out tonight.

Icon

Wanderer
Zulu said:
You DON'T need a special verdata.mul to play. Just re-download the file.

Its not that i need a special 1, i dont even have 1 running AOS and i dont think AOS has verdata files :(
anywasys all i can see when i d/c on the npc it the small gump to the right the wins/loss no cards and when i d/l the cards in 2d and copyed them to uo2d folder and ran the patch.exe file said verdata file was missing :( ahh no worries love the slot machine 1 runs fines :p

Hk

Zulu

Wanderer
Icon said:
Its not that i need a special 1, i dont even have 1 running AOS and i dont think AOS has verdata files :(

EASY, just rename patch.uop to verdata.mul and put it in your UO directory.

bleis

Sorceror
Zulu there are two bugs in you fantastic gambler I realy love it...but

I you dont have enough monny and you use dubbeldown the gambler stops playing if you try to say blackjack or poker to him he sayes you are still playing, and if another player tryes to play on him he sayes he is playing....

also after the laste update, you cant have more than on gambler in one house because all of them will start to play with you.....

Zulu

Wanderer
bleis said:
I you dont have enough monny and you use dubbeldown the gambler stops playing if you try to say blackjack or poker to him he sayes you are still playing, and if another player tryes to play on him he sayes he is playing....

also after the laste update, you cant have more than on gambler in one house because all of them will start to play with you.....

Both of these problems are fixed and the updated zip can be downloaded.

Forgive me, as I think I already know the answer to this somewhat stupid question.... but is there any way to avoid every player having to download the MULs?

stormwolff

Knight
SeveredDestiny said:
Forgive me, as I think I already know the answer to this somewhat stupid question.... but is there any way to avoid every player having to download the MULs?

Yes, set the newcards = false and the gambler will use cards which don't require the muls.

Mr.X

Wanderer
Awesome!

Awesome script! I did have a problem with the AOS client not being able to launch when I tried using the muls so I changed to default images. Other then that little prob it’s great! :)