RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gambler NPC

Kamron

Knight
Dare I release the verdata with those gumps in it only? Naw, you guys can learn how to make blank verdatas, and fill em up.

As for the script, definately a great job zulu. A guy I know named Jeff had a question. Could you add support for top 10 list, and have it write it to a database. Also, a personal top list for each person (i know, requires playermobile editing).

Just a thought. I don't know if you would put them into the default gambler or not.

XxSP1DERxX said:
Dare I release the verdata with those gumps in it only? Naw, you guys can learn how to make blank verdatas, and fill em up.

As for the script, definately a great job zulu. A guy I know named Jeff had a question. Could you add support for top 10 list, and have it write it to a database. Also, a personal top list for each person (i know, requires playermobile editing).

Just a thought. I don't know if you would put them into the default gambler or not.

If I gave out the blank verdata, would it cause issues with people using the 2D client if i was using UOG's patching system? (as 2d players already have a verdata that they need)

Philantrop

Sorceror
I'm using AoS 2D and the latest client. The verdata.mul was successfully patched, the cards are at the correct position (4096+). Tru's kids are in the same verdata and can be used in-game. The cards are not visible, though. Any ideas?

Zulu

Wanderer
Philantrop said:
I'm using AoS 2D and the latest client. The verdata.mul was successfully patched, the cards are at the correct position (4096+). Tru's kids are in the same verdata and can be used in-game. The cards are not visible, though. Any ideas?

Have you tried loading insideuo and checking to see if the cards are in?

Zulu

Wanderer
re: update

I have gotten a lot of emails on my gambler script. I will try to explain how the card system works.

There are 2 ways to create cards...
1) create 2 arrays one for the value and suite.
2) 1 array from 1 to 52 for all 52 cards. **The way I wrote this**

the function ShuffleCards( ) will shuffle the deck of cards.

the function CardSuit( int card ), send the card number and it will return the suit. Heart, Club, etc.

The function CardName( int card ), send the card number and it will return 2..10, J,Q,K,A

The function CardValue( int card ), send the card number and it will return 11 for Ace, 10 for face card and # for all other cards.

This cardcolor( string cardtemp ) , returns either red or black values to display on screen. Send either H, C, D, S.

This CardValue2( int card ), send card # and it will return Ace as 14 value.

Zulu

Wanderer
Tuvka said:
To change files in game it is necessary at all players or only on a server?

You only need to change the server gambler.src file. That is IF you want to change the script I posted.

There was talk about a multi-player version, so I wanted to post a bit about the card system for people wanting to change the script.

Tuvka

Wanderer
Dear Zulu, still a question.
When I have copied file patch.uop and has renamed in verdata.mul, the client 2D was not started, gives out a mistake.

Zulu

Wanderer
Just to make sure I understand your question(s)...

Tuvka said:
To change files in game it is necessary at all players or only on a server?

If you change the gambler.src then EVERYONE will use (see) the changes. If you use/want the NEW cards, then EVERY player needs the verdata.mul file to SEE the new cards.

Tuvka said:
Dear Zulu, still a question.
When I have copied file patch.uop and has renamed in verdata.mul, the client 2D was not started, gives out a mistake.

What version of client 2D are you using? Is/was there already a verdata you over wrote? The patch.uop can be merged with your old verdata.mul file using the instructions.

The gambler.src needs to be changed (in old messages) to SHOW the new cards, by default, it will only show the standard cards.

Zulu

Wanderer
Tajima said:
Just wondering if the blackjack is like how it is supposed to be..Like Dealer hits on 16, stands on 17?

Yes, the dealer will stand on 17 and hit on 16. There is also poker in the same script.

Tuvka

Wanderer
Zulu said:
Just to make sure I understand your question(s)...

If you change the gambler.src then EVERYONE will use (see) the changes. If you use/want the NEW cards, then EVERY player needs the verdata.mul file to SEE the new cards.

Thanks you :)

Zulu said:
What version of client 2D are you using? Is/was there already a verdata you over wrote? The patch.uop can be merged with your old verdata.mul file using the instructions.

I use version of client 2D 4.0.2a and higher. Is not present what verdata and to merge patch.uop there is nothing :(

P.S. By the way, in 3D all works excellent :D

Taffer

Wanderer
I like this ...but when I tried to dl the 3d versions of the cards it would not let me overwrite them without a password. I haven't a clue how to bypass such a thing. Does anyone else?

Zulu

Wanderer
Tuvka said:
Thanks you :)

I use version of client 2D 4.0.2a and higher. Is not present what verdata and to merge patch.uop there is nothing :(

P.S. By the way, in 3D all works excellent :D

I am not sure if 4.0.2a supports verdata or not? Anyone know the answer to that?

Zulu

Wanderer
Taffer said:
I like this ...but when I tried to dl the 3d versions of the cards it would not let me overwrite them without a password. I haven't a clue how to bypass such a thing. Does anyone else?

Are you able to download the 3d graphics and unzip to a temp directory? Then copy from the temp directory and overwrite the UO files.

Zulu

Wanderer
Taffer said:

Taffer, try this...exit UO, open the uo directory with explorer and delete the file. Then paste the new version in.

Roseanne

Wanderer
This is a silly question... I would like to change the appearance/colors of the backgrounds... how can I do this plz?