RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resource icon

[2.x] GD13 Effects System 2.3.2

No permission to download
GoldDraco13 submitted a new resource:

GD13 Effects System (version 2.3.1) - Adding effects to regions!

GD13 Effects System v2.3.1
by : GoldDraco13

Introduction:

With the release of the new RunUO 2.3, I've decided to update the effects system. For those that don't know what this system is all about, let me take a minute to explain. This system was designed to add a new element to UO, Area's like Fire or Ice Dungeon will now be able to have an effect that damages the player if they don't have high enuff resistance or protective items to fend off the region effects. This new...​

Read more about this resource...

This is a template script to design items to protect players from region effects!

Attachments

• Effect Ring Template.cs
    2.6 KB · Views: 39

Tru

Knight
What restarts the effects timer after resurrection?

Also after you've entered a region (and that effect is set to true) what sets it back to false.

What restarts the effects timer after resurrection?

Also after you've entered a region (and that effect is set to true) what sets it back to false.

Good call on both bugs, I'll add a timer restart for after resurrection, I'll also add a region effect clean up for when they leave the effected region besides counting on another region to turn it off.

Thanks for the heads up Tru!

I'll have these fixes included in a update later this week, ATM we had a flood take out southern Alberta and am busy atm with that.

GD13

GoldDraco13 updated GD13 Effects System with a new update entry:

GD13 Effects System

Updated this system with fixes related to Tru's findings, Thanks again Tru, you've always been a great help!

As a side note, Thanks for all the support I received jurying the 2013 flood, its been a tuff time since we were hit by a once in a 100 year flood, still have a lot of work to do to rebuild homes for people effected, we are now heading into our winter and I want to stress to anyone concerned, thousands of families are still effected, living in government build camps, if you want to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I edited your Effect Ring Template.cs script as your instructions showed and the script compiled without troubles. But, for some reason you can't wear the ring.

Make sure the effects system is activated and it has placed a effect stone in your players pack, also because the system doesn't place stones in the staffs backpacks, you must be a player to use the effect items!

jayates

Sorceror
The system is active because it hits players with damages. Also, everyone is getting an invisiable Effect Stone. The problem was I was trying out the ring as a staff member... lol.:) It works great! Thanks for the awesome system!

Jack9213

Sorceror
I had an issue with line 68 on EffectsSystem.cs concerning mplayer being out of context. The error went away when I changed !mplayer.Alive to !mp.Alive

I had an issue with line 68 on EffectsSystem.cs concerning mplayer being out of context. The error went away when I changed !mplayer.Alive to !mp.Alive

I'm sure you have an older release, I removed the alive check from the method, newer version has nothing on line 68.