RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting another server on my shard

Ohms_Law

Wanderer
infra001 said:
Meowwwww

How pathetic.

What he really means is that he got fired from a "duel system" project we gave him, after 4 weeks all he had done was a gump which didn't even do anything, great work.

Try admitting the truth for once.
what, were you paying him or something? did you set a deadline before the project got started?
...I should just ignore this, since its not the right forum for it, but *shrug*
<thread hijack>
:)

anyway, I have no idea what actually occured, all I know is that Phantom doesn't like yall, and obviously you guys don't like him either for some reason.
I won't pretend that I like Phantom, but I don't dislike him either, and I don't have any problem with yall since we've never really talked.
not really trying to get involved, but this isn't the first post i've see him and yall going at it. If there was a failed project, let it go. its history.
if it's something deeper, keep it to yourselves.
All i'm trying to say is, you've both gotten a word in here, now all of ya can leave it in the past and shaddup. ;)

infra001

Wanderer
To be honest I'm not going to go into it, because it's just a pointless bicker now that is old and boring... Phantom just can't stop insulting us everytime he hears the name "Defiance" and it's kinda lame imo, hence my post.

And yes, we offered him a small amount of cash (double figures) to finish a duelling system, as we really wanted one for a long time (..we have one now) and after 3-4 weeks all that was done was a gump, so we said screw it... and gave the project to someone else, so ever since then he's been a little girl towards us, slagging us every chance he hears our name.

He actually hates Defiance, sad.

I don't hate you Phantom, I just think you're abit weird.

Ohms_Law

Wanderer
well, whatever. If it was me, I'd just ignore it. he'll stop eventually. I know its not satisfying, but the only other choice is to continuously argue this everywhere until RunUO disappears probably.
*shrug*

Also, I can understand wanting to defend your servers position. After a certain point though, acting 'professional' is more effective then fighting back anyway, ya know? a simple one line statement along the lines of "Defiance is a professionally run shard, please don't bash us"...
yea, that's lame, but you can see what I mean.

Phantom

Knight
infra001 said:
Meowwwww

How pathetic.

What he really means is that he got fired from a "duel system" project we gave him, after 4 weeks all he had done was a gump which didn't even do anything, great work.

Try admitting the truth for once.

This is a bold face lie, I was forced out of our agreement due to the fact YOU INSULTED MY WORK. It also wasn't 4 weeks, I worked with you at each step, and after one conversation I removed "such" code and all work connected to defiance. You forced me out of the agreement due to such conversation.

And yes, we offered him a small amount of cash (double figures) to finish a duelling system, as we really wanted one for a long time (..we have one now) and after 3-4 weeks all that was done was a gump, so we said screw it... and gave the project to someone else, so ever since then he's been a little girl towards us, slagging us every chance he hears our name.

This is a bold face lie.

You offered me $50 I believe to modify an existing system. I worked on the system, as much as possible, and allowed you to view what I had.

You then went on a tangent about some stuff, insulted my work on the Faction System ( I have proof of this idiotic conversation ), you wanted me to contact you because you claimed you were british special forces or some bullshit like that.

I wasn't allowed to continue it, and it wasn't a month, it was maybe 2 weeks and I was working on it as much as possible. Unlike everyone else it seems I am getting an education that is more important then writting a script. Your the one who insulted me causing me to not want to continue on it, you also never paid me for the work I did, although I wouldn't have given it to you.

You really don't remember the conversation you had with me, where you claimed you had company over, and they insulted my work? Clearly I don't believe this, and like everything you have said in this thread, is a bold face lie.

Ohms_Law said:
well, whatever. If it was me, I'd just ignore it. he'll stop eventually. I know its not satisfying, but the only other choice is to continuously argue this everywhere until RunUO disappears probably.
*shrug*

Also, I can understand wanting to defend your servers position. After a certain point though, acting 'professional' is more effective then fighting back anyway, ya know? a simple one line statement along the lines of "Defiance is a professionally run shard, please don't bash us"...
yea, that's lame, but you can see what I mean.

I will never forgive somebody who screwed me out of a payment, for work I should have been paid for, he is the one who didn't want to continue the contract.

I was also contacted recently 7/2/2005 by somebody from Defiance:

Hello Phantom,

Nick Sugiero from Defiance Europe here, I'm just wondering if you're still
up for taking on any work for some $$$.
We have some projects we could use your help on.

Let me know if you're still available for freelance projects.

I also contacted him saying I didn't agree to the following terms of such email.

This E-Mail is private and confidential, please do not forward or
relay this message in anyway without the consent of the sender.
If you have received this electronic transmission in error,

Thus why I am making it public, because I never agreeded to such terms.

This is one such conversation, and typical response I got from him during that period of time.

www.seanchen.net/2004-08-05 [Thursday].htm

This was long before I did some extensive research in the .NET Framework. This was also a period of time when I thought I knew more then I did, came to realize I don't know as much as I think I do.

Notice the period where he threaten to use my work without my permission. I worked really hard on factions, it was very special to me, I had done something nobody else was willing to do. It took my 8 months of work 20 hours a week on it, to get it good enough, to consier it complete enough to be used. Even at that point it required Krrios to spend many hours on it, and put his special touch on the code.

Phantom

Knight
Ohms_Law said:
ah, let it go man. ya both look like monkeys...

I am sorry I don't have proof of the conversation I had with his "company" it would make him look really bad.

Insulted Asayre and myself for the work we did, which is no secret.

I do of course have an interesting AIM logs, which I am happy to share with everyone.

There is MUCH history with Infra, and I have EVERY REASON to dislike the way he treated me. I took my job very serious, yet he screwed me out of payment and forced me to break the verable agreement ( AIM ).

www.seanchen.net/2004-08-05 [Thursday].htm

This was long before I did some extensive research in the .NET Framework. This was also a period of time when I thought I knew more then I did, came to realize I don't know as much as I think I do.

Ohms_Law

Wanderer
hey, I don't disagree with you at all. I don't expect you guys to like each other. it's just, this kind of public jabbing is bad IMO. same as I said before, looks 'un-professional'

anywaay, that's just my view in from the outside is all. *shrug*

Ohms_Law

Wanderer
Phantom said:
lol
don't you miss thoes days? :)

I love that point in its own way. you just know that you can do anything! gotta get over it eventually, but its always fun (to me anyway) while it lasts. hehe

Phantom

Knight
Ohms_Law said:
hey, I don't disagree with you at all. I don't expect you guys to like each other. it's just, this kind of public jabbing is bad IMO. same as I said before, looks 'un-professional'

anywaay, that's just my view in from the outside is all. *shrug*

Its not like I expected him to find this thread. Simple facts is, he dislikes this community, and the only reason he continues to use RunUO is because he can't get anyone to make his own emulator.

His connections to assholes and their projects are clear idication of such desire. So my small stabs at his creditablity is all I have left.

When you put money into the equation people get very serious. I was overpaid for alot of work I did complete and they were PERFECTLY happy with. He left that out now didn't he, I wonder why, because it makes him look bad.

Phantom

Knight
Ohms_Law said:
lol
don't you miss thoes days? :)

I love that point in its own way. you just know that you can do anything! gotta get over it eventually, but its always fun (to me anyway) while it lasts. hehe

After that conversation I did some research, I was right on alot of stuff, it also was a period of time where I took insults UO Gamers personaly when I really shouldn't have.

After I worked on Factions, actually playing them ( only reason I wanted to do them ) seemed sort of pointless.

When you know how stuf works as code, its not really fun anymore...

Ohms_Law

Wanderer
Phantom said:
After that conversation I did some research, I was right on alot of stuff, it also was a period of time where I took insults UO Gamers personaly when I really shouldn't have.

After I worked on Factions, actually playing them ( only reason I wanted to do them ) seemed sort of pointless.

When you know how stuf works as code, its not really fun anymore...
no kiddin. its all good though, IMO code is more fun than gaming anyway, usually.

as for the connections to undesierables. *shrug*
if they get out of hand, i'm confident that Ryan and crew will take care of it in the same fasion they have in the past.
It's gotta be hard with the history and all, but you'll really be better off in the long run by taking the high road.

* listen to your elders, young man!*
lol

seriously, remember the thread in Starbucks the other day between wagenhuis and LilRaeRae? you don't want to be on their level do ya? :eek:

Phantom

Knight
Ohms_Law said:
no kiddin. its all good though, IMO code is more fun than gaming anyway, usually.

if they get out of hand, i'm confident that Ryan and crew will take care of it in the same fasion they have in the past.
It's gotta be hard with the history and all, but you'll really be better off in the long run by taking the high road.

* listen to your elders, young man!*
lol

seriously, remember the thread in Starbucks the other day between wagenhuis and LilRaeRae? you don't want to be on their level do ya? :eek:

Any problems between Infra and myself, were cause by Infra and his personal attacks, and his history to connect himself to less then dishonest people.

Its not the fact those projects are bad, its those people behind it that are bad, and thats why the "true" fans of RunUO dislike those projects.

They were both started out of Hate because well basicly they got banned for being assholes.

Ohms_Law

Wanderer
Phantom said:
Any problems between Infra and myself, were cause by Infra and his personal attacks, and his history to connect himself to less then dishonest people.

Its not the fact those projects are bad, its those people behind it that are bad, and thats why the "true" fans of RunUO dislike those projects.

They were both started out of Hate because well basicly they got banned for being assholes.
aright. it's not like I disbeleave you. them guys (those undesierables, can't remember their names off the top of my head) certainly have it out for this community. *shrug*
screw 'em.

As for personal attacks, they only last as long as each party keeps them alive, ya know? I'm sure each of you would like to see the other leave, but bickering at each other ain't gonna make it happen.
post something in Starbucks. a NIce reasoned statement with the history as you see it and all, and each time this BS comes up, simply copy/paste a link to that thread with a title like "the history between us". Very respectable thing to do. would be best if you could get you post by itself, and get it locked like that, but even if you cant it doesn't really matter. well hell, you could post about it on your web page, and controll it that way! hehe

Phantom

Knight
Ohms_Law said:
aright. it's not like I disbeleave you. them guys (those undesierables, can't remember their names off the top of my head) certainly have it out for this community. *shrug*
screw 'em.

As for personal attacks, they only last as long as each party keeps them alive, ya know? I'm sure each of you would like to see the other leave, but bickering at each other ain't gonna make it happen.
post something in Starbucks. a NIce reasoned statement with the history as you see it and all, and each time this BS comes up, simply copy/paste a link to that thread with a title like "the history between us". Very respectable thing to do. would be best if you could get you post by itself, and get it locked like that, but even if you cant it doesn't really matter. well hell, you could post about it on your web page, and controll it that way! hehe

I didn't look for problems, I made a cheap shot for the fun of it, like I said this is the first I have seen of Infra since Factions were released. The reason he went inactive is everyone proved him wrong, he claimed Ryan would never release factions, this is another reason I will never forgive him.

If I don't see Infra bring it up, I would have no reason to bring it up again, its not worth spending my time making a post in starbucks.

Ryan dislike Infra more then I do, I doubt making fun of him, will get me in trouble. If his posts were to be removed I would remove my posts, his replies are more of a personal attack then mine.

Ohms_Law

Wanderer
*shrug*
you know more about this that I do anyway, obviously. hell, I wasn't even around then so whatever...
like I said earlier though, just callin things like I see 'em from a third party perspective.

Phantom

Knight
Ohms_Law said:
*shrug*
you know more about this that I do anyway, obviously. hell, I wasn't even around then so whatever...
like I said earlier though, just callin things like I see 'em from a third party perspective.

You know I tried playing nice, read that aim conversation that was after I stop talking to him, how can I forgive weird strange actions like that.

Ohms_Law

Wanderer
huh
sounds like a paranoid schitzo to me. something definately wrong there. I wouldn't say word one about the dude after that point, personally. but then, I've always been averse to confrontations.

Phantom

Knight
Ohms_Law said:
huh
sounds like a paranoid schitzo to me. something definately wrong there. I wouldn't say word one about the dude after that point, personally. but then, I've always been averse to confrontations.

He is in another country, so I am not really afraid of some wacko in another country.

infra001

Wanderer
I can't believe you still have this clear text log, and my other Admin & Kamron was telling you on ICQ that it wasn't even me at the same time and was an impostor, like it's been done about, hmm 3243242 million times so far since I've been running a shard and this Defiance vs whoever started....

Are you complete moron or do you honestly just try to trick yourself into believing things to try reinforce your own case .. ?
Don't they call that a self reinforcing delusion, as the only one who believe's it is yourself ?

It's so sad, like I said, you're a weird weird person, and everyone I know (i.e. Kamron, and other unnamed people who have talked to you think it too..)

I mean the log is just plain text and you were even told it wasn't even me at the time it was being wrote to you....
I just can't even get my head around it that you're trying to use it as some type of evidence against me (?!)

You're a total moron.

There no point of even bothering to talk to you, you can't admit the truth even to yourself, so what's the point of even typing one more letter.

This is all about a duel system you couldn't do, since then you decided you didn't like us anymore (..probably to get some points off Ryan during those bitching times) .. and when you admit that to yourself, and realise that's what makes you dislike me and Defiance, maybe your grow up also at the same time.

And P.S. I've never said one bad word about RunUO ever, never ever.. It's an amazing Emulator and I even supported on my forum the stress test for RunUO (..even when my players were bitching that UOGamers were just using it as a player pulling ploy) ... as obviously it's a common goal we all share to get the most out of the .NET Framework with RunUO... Krrios has done an amazing job.

Unlike you Phantom, I don't bias my opinions on everything over my emotions over certain people.

Tata.