RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[go is acting funny... Ideas?

Macil

Sorceror
[go is acting funny... Ideas?

I don't know if anyone has seen/noticed/mentioned this yet. But on RunUO 2.0. I've noticed that by typing [go and britain for example

[go britain

It default takes you to Britain in Felucca instead of Trammel like it did on 1.0. Is there a reason why, and how can I change it? My staff and I are quite frustrated with this.

Phantom

Knight
Macil said:
I don't know if anyone has seen/noticed/mentioned this yet. But on RunUO 2.0. I've noticed that by typing [go and britain for example

[go britain

It default takes you to Britain in Felucca instead of Trammel like it did on 1.0. Is there a reason why, and how can I change it? My staff and I are quite frustrated with this.

Its taking you to Felucca because your staff is on Felucca.

The [go menu does not allow you to switch maps, to my knowlege the [go menu has never allowed for this and it shouldn't.

Macil

Sorceror
I'm not sure I entirely get what you're saying, if you get what I'm saying. If we simply typed [go britain on RunUO 1.0, it would take us to Britain, in Trammel, by default. It gave us no gump to choose from cities, it just simply took us right to Britain. We couldn't get it to work for certain towns like Skara Brae and such, but like Minoc, Britain, Vesper. Places like that with only one word in the name it took us to if we typed it out. We always found it to be faster than using the [go gump.

Only now it takes us to Felucca and we have to type [set map trammel and click ourselves to switch over.

Phantom said:
Its taking you to Felucca because your staff is on Felucca.

The [go menu does not allow you to switch maps, to my knowlege the [go menu has never allowed for this and it shouldn't.
actually, phantom it does and this is the cause for the 'problem'. It allows for you to change maps, however if you are on malas, ish or tokuno then choose a region that is on both tram and fel, the deafult is felucca.. but thats not really a prtoblem since it cant guess which of the two facets you want. macil just [self set map 1 after you [go britain, big deal. Not a problem, cause it allows for cross map traveling.

theformat

Wanderer
if your having trouble with being in trammel, type
[set map trammel (clicking yourself or target to be in tram)
then go to your location :p
-format

Phantom

Knight
Macil said:
I'm not sure I entirely get what you're saying, if you get what I'm saying. If we simply typed [go britain on RunUO 1.0, it would take us to Britain, in Trammel, by default. It gave us no gump to choose from cities, it just simply took us right to Britain. We couldn't get it to work for certain towns like Skara Brae and such, but like Minoc, Britain, Vesper. Places like that with only one word in the name it took us to if we typed it out. We always found it to be faster than using the [go gump.

Only now it takes us to Felucca and we have to type [set map trammel and click ourselves to switch over.

Your facet is switched to Trammel even if your not on Felucca facet?

Vorspire

Knight
im sure the [go command used a modifyer to set the map too

[go Britain Felucca

or

[go Britain Trammel

test anyone?

Nozgo1

Sorceror
Its alright...

It's alright, you dont need to demand that,TMSTKSBK.

[go britain works only to the facet your in, [go felucca/trammel works accordingly, but [go britain felucca or trammel gives a "region not found".
Just tested it.

Avelyn

Sorceror
It should take you to the britain on the facet you are on, if there is no britain then take you to the default. The go command is being screwy, it also isnt working with coords properly at the moment, it is on the bug site.

WeEzL

Wanderer
This is a bug with RunUO 2.0 and I've reported it awhile ago. Funny thing is that if you use quotes around the destination, it will take you to the destination depending on which facet you are on. It will not dump you in Felucca if you are in Trammel. As well, there are only certain towns that this is an issue with... the other locations like dungeons, shrines, etc. are unaffected.

Macil

Sorceror
WeEzL said:
This is a bug with RunUO 2.0 and I've reported it awhile ago. Funny thing is that if you use quotes around the destination, it will take you to the destination depending on which facet you are on. It will not dump you in Felucca if you are in Trammel. As well, there are only certain towns that this is an issue with... the other locations like dungeons, shrines, etc. are unaffected.

Woa, thanks WeEzL. That works perfectly. Well, at least for everything I've tried so far (quite a few locations). Really. I can't thank you enough. Even though it saves me the little effort of typing "set map trammel" and clicking myself every time I arrive at a destination, you have no idea how annoying that got to me. Again, thank you thank you thank you!