RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good Server To Play?

Good Server To Play?

Anyone know of a good server to play? Most of the ones I find suck. Ive been playing Mystical Unicorn here latly, its ight it lets me pass time cause its not hard or anything. I need to change servers though, its gotten to the point where if its not custom I can kill it in three wacks and sense they wiped all their custom dungeons ......

Anyways, heres a list of the things I like in a server.

* Above OSI skill gain speeds.
* Increased skillcap but not uber increased( like 1k cap ).
* Increased statcap but not uber increased( like 300 statcap ).
* Customs but not an arty whore shard.
* Added resources( Daat99 owltr preferably( <3s the keyrings/toolhouses/bards stand ) ).
* FS Taming System is a plus, I love to collect tamables.
* Fully spawned world.
* Its actually worth it to paragon hunt.
* You actually have to work for stuff.
* Preferably limited pvp, I find the players on pvp shards are asswipes although if you can assure me they arnt on that shard then ....
* Ability for the server to stay up longer than two months after I join. I hate picking a shard, working my ass off, and thent hey close two months after I started. Its why ive been playing easy shards that require little work latly.

So ya, if anyone knows of a shard like this ... let me know please.

Johabius

Knight
Your preferences seem to be a lot like mine. If someone has a shard like Sithid describes, please let us know. I've been looking into playing a little UO again. One added plus would be if the server is listed on ConnectUO.

Johabius;658696 said:
Your preferences seem to be a lot like mine. If someone has a shard like Sithid describes, please let us know. I've been looking into playing a little UO again. One added plus would be if the server is listed on ConnectUO.

I can't believe I forgot to mention that lol. But ya, what he said.

Kenko

Page
well my server may fit what you want..

It is very osi like,
custom wood (osi wood actually, can enhance w/ carpentry and bowcraft, props like osi)
spellweaving (don't ask for it, I already did what I had to do :p),
3 years and a half online,
decent pvp,
capture the flag, pvp tournaments,
bomberman and pvm events to come
events are automatic (no need for a staff member to be there, they just announce themselves and run alone :p)
we have enough customs to feel that it has "that thing" but not that many to feel it lacks "that other thing".. for example there are two custom horses, both colored, one has fancier colors and takes 2 slots, the other one color's are not so good, it takes 3 slots and can store items.

the rest of the stuff you can figure out in our forums, just ask there.

only con: people talks in spanish but i'd be glad to open an english section for the forums, and ban anyone unmannered to english-talking newcomers :p

.:Osiris Ultima Online:. //website
Osiris Ultima Online // Índice //forums

private message me for accounts.. that will take slower.. anyways that would be if you like the server, and don't care about the possible harder communication with other players..

mm and about ConnectUO, we don't use it.. maybe if we open the english talking section for real we would get more interest on this.

hope you like it or at least give it a try :p
good luck on your quest =)

edit: this is in no way advertising, I just thought sithid may be interested in trying my shard. and I just thought it could maybe fit what he was looking for.

Kenko;658703 said:
well my server may fit what you want..

It is very osi like,
has spellweaving (don't ask for it, I already did what I had to do :p),
3 years and a half online,
decent pvp,
capture the flag, pvp tournaments,
bomberman and pvm events to come
events are automatic (no need for a staff member to be there, they just announce themselves and run alone :p)
we have enough customs to feel that it has "that thing" but not that many to feel it lacks "that other thing".. for example there are two custom horses, both colored, one has fancier colors and takes 2 slots, the other one color's are not so good, it takes 3 slots and can store items.

the rest of the stuff you can figure out in our forums, just ask there.

only con: people talks in spanish but i'd be glad to open an english section for the forums, and ban anyone unmannered to english-talking newcomers :p

.:Osiris Ultima Online:. //website
Osiris Ultima Online // Índice //forums

private message me for accounts.. that will take slower.. anyways that would be if you like the server, and don't care about the possible harder communication with other players..

mm and about ConnectUO, we don't use it.. maybe if we open the english talking section for real we would get more interest on this.

hope you like it or at least give it a try :p
good luck on your quest =)

Wish I knew spanish so I could nav your forums and website. :(

Alcyone

Sorceror
I would direct you to my shard, just because I like ya and would love to see ya. With powerscrolls, you can build your skills up to 300 each. Since people are stronger, I've beefed up the rest of the monsters, too. (Don't go in the ant hole, I goofed up, and they one-hit ya) Tons of crafting and role playing. Lots of custom monsters. Lot's of Artis, but with very low hits, and you have to kill many times to get them. I"m in the middle of remodeling my bathroom, so I"m not gonna be there tonight, but I'm hoping to jump on some tomorrow. My name on shard is Either Lenora or Firespiral Lionheart. btw, if you choose to afk to train, feel free. I allow it because I believe rl comes first and people should be living rather than having to be at the computer at all times. Even set up the veins and harvest systems to encourage people to live their rl's. Oh, I forgot to mention that we have bio and taming craft. Evo's (which I hate, but others like)
we pvp, and pvm. No arti's allowed in fel, though. There's one monster that needs removed. Was sent to me by a player, but it's too unbalanced for my tastes. It's called a holy mare, and it makes things too easy, so don't bother, it will be gone soon. oh, the name of the shard is Yentamtac. Had to come edit because I forgot to put in the name.

JMB Networks

Wanderer
Shard

Personally, I like a shard like UOGamers, or Defiance. Both big and professional. Have you ever tried one of those?

Alcyone

Sorceror
Sithid, I mainly built my shard for my kids. If you'd prefer a more balanced shard, I used to play Ethereal Realms alot. It has a great staff, not uber easy. Tons of quests, and custom monsters. And some really skilled scriptors. I understand most people don't like the kind of shard I built, and I don't hold that against anyone at all. And it never hurts my feelings. I'd actually be on Ethereal alot more if I had more time. And it's been around for a long time. Lots of people on chat and such.

mordero

Knight
im glad someone made a thread like this, now to find one that is at least semi-strict on roleplaying... (doesnt have to be hardcore, but at least attempted)

Puron1794

Wanderer
It'd be sweet to have a server for Starbucks... but would anyone be brave enough to deal with us all running loose in one place? :D

Alcyone

Sorceror
I"d be brave enough. Send me your ideas, and I'll see what I can do. Would love to play with ya'll, but it would have to be a group effort, where everyone has an input.

tRens

Wanderer
wtf

im going to respond to every part of this!

----
Anyone know of a good server to play? Most of the ones I find suck. Ive been playing

Mystical Unicorn (i hope this a joke otherwise you're gay)

here latly, its ight it lets me pass time cause its not hard or anything. I need to change servers though, its gotten to the point where if its not custom I can kill it in three wacks and sense they wiped all their custom dungeons ......

* Above OSI skill gain speeds. (i understand this people are busy)
* Increased skillcap but not uber increased( like 1k cap ). (why?)
* Increased statcap but not uber increased( like 300 statcap ). (why?)
* Added resources( Daat99 owltr preferably( <3s the keyrings/toolhouses/bards stand ) ).
* FS Taming System is a plus, I love to collect tamables. (you are gay)
* Fully spawned world.
* You actually have to work for stuff. (wtf this is contradickory to what you said above)
* Preferably limited pvp, I find the players on pvp shards are asswipes although if you can assure me they arnt on that shard then ....

(you are a carebare and should be killed repeatedly your kind ruined UO)

* Ability for the server to stay up longer than two months after I join. I hate picking a shard, working my ass off, and thent hey close two months after I started. Its why ive been playing easy shards that require little work latly.

ps - they go down cause what you've described right now no one wants to play.. you're playing a totally different game.. NOT UO what you should be asking for is "happy gay time carebear village extravaganza!"

(please if you do know of a shard like this stop playing and delete every mmo off of your computer cause undoubtidly you will ruin another game with your "happy gay time carebear village extravaganza" expectations, if you run it shut it down cause you generally suck!)

----

this is my first post and it may well be my last!

Dread Thumper Atlantic (theMercs)

tRens;659198 said:
im going to respond to every part of this!

----
Anyone know of a good server to play? Most of the ones I find suck. Ive been playing

Mystical Unicorn (i hope this a joke otherwise you're gay)

here latly, its ight it lets me pass time cause its not hard or anything. I need to change servers though, its gotten to the point where if its not custom I can kill it in three wacks and sense they wiped all their custom dungeons ......

* Above OSI skill gain speeds. (i understand this people are busy)
* Increased skillcap but not uber increased( like 1k cap ). (why?)
* Increased statcap but not uber increased( like 300 statcap ). (why?)
* FS Taming System is a plus, I love to collect tamables. (you are gay)
* Fully spawned world.
* You actually have to work for stuff. (wtf this is contradickory to what you said above)

(you are a carebare and should be killed repeatedly your kind ruined UO)

ps - they go down cause what you've described right now no one wants to play.. you're playing a totally different game.. NOT UO what you should be asking for is "happy gay time carebear village extravaganza!"

(please if you do know of a shard like this stop playing and delete every mmo off of your computer cause undoubtidly you will ruin another game with your "happy gay time carebear village extravaganza" expectations, if you run it shut it down cause you generally suck!)

----

this is my first post and it may well be my last!

Dread Thumper Atlantic (theMercs)

Eat me, ass.

tRens

Wanderer
from the sound of it..

I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around.

tRens;659202 said:
from the sound of it.. you would like me to toss your salad! fag

And let me guess, your one of those pvp noobs right? Runnign around obsessing about 4/6 spellcasting, macro files longer than my legs, and worn out number buttongs from the endless spamming you do so you can make yourself feel leet.
Do us all a favor, shoot yourself now ... another words ... suck my dick and die in a fire.

tRens

Wanderer
my god you're a flamer..

ohh.. and you sure did get me there! ZOMG!

actually i was just looking at these forums to see how far along RunUO has come.. since i haven't played since they put in tram...

ohh how i miss the dread days :(

and i was shocked at how UTTERLY gay your request was and i figured it was a perfect chance to create some humor, of course at your expense.

nothing personal...