RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gump Editor

Bradley

Sorceror
New Features:
1.All properties are edited through the Visual Studio Property Editor (you do not need to have visual studio)
2. Hue and GumpID properties ahve thier own porperty value browsers integrated with the VS Property Grid.
3. Full Drag, Drop, and resizing mouse support
4. The ability to group elements together, so they are treated as one single object
5. The ability to import to export groups to files that can be used as prebuilt templates, or exchanged with others over the web.
6. Users can create Element plugins for making thier own custom elements.
7. Scripting plugins that allow the Gump Designer to generate Emulator scripts in any lnaguge (and emulator)

Fury

Wanderer
Sweet, ive been using ggg just for the mouse resizing ability.. i hate em but i always end up making a ton of gumps, i look forward to using this great looking tool.

Arya

Wanderer
Yep it looks great! If it's not too much asking, would you consider adding a snap-to-grid like feature when positioning items using the mouse?

Bradley

Sorceror
Arya said:
Yep it looks great! If it's not too much asking, would you consider adding a snap-to-grid like feature when positioning items using the mouse?
I'll see what I can do :)

Bradley

Sorceror
Limitmaker said:
is this doen yet? and is there something better? I have tons of Graphics I want to use

No, I'ts not done yet. I want to take the time to really make the editor good, before I trying to worry about some of the things that will make it useable by people.

Currently it would be good for laying out a form, but it can't generate script yet. There are also a few other Element types I want to implement. The plugin system is working, but I'm currently having a problem gettings objects loaded from extrenal DLLs to deserialize correctly, so it needs some work.

If anyone wants to help test what I have so far, and make suggestions contact me via ICQ and I can send you a current copy to look over.

Bradley

Sorceror
ok, that didn't come out right... let's try it again.

I want to concentrate on make the editing interface really smooth and functional before I add the scripting support.

Arya

Wanderer
Here's another suggestion (or request depending on how you look at it ;)). I like to write most of the code by myself, and use software only for the gump generation part. I'd love to have an option to quickly copy to the clipboard a method that will only create the gump itself without the need of specifying namespace, class name and saving it to a script I'm not going to use. I'll try to stop now ;) Thanks!

Kamron

Knight
Arya, in regards to your signature. Pure oxygen can be considered a drug, or a poison (depending on how you view its use). :)

Sorry if that was a little off-topic.

Bradley

Sorceror
Arya said:
Here's another suggestion (or request depending on how you look at it ;)). I like to write most of the code by myself, and use software only for the gump generation part. I'd love to have an option to quickly copy to the clipboard a method that will only create the gump itself without the need of specifying namespace, class name and saving it to a script I'm not going to use. I'll try to stop now ;) Thanks!

This could very easly be done through the plug-in interface. a plugin could be created that adds an items to the menu to export the gump in any way you want.

Fury

Wanderer
Ive been testing this.. even in its early stages this is the best gump creating program i have used yet.. keep up the excellent work on it :)

Arya

Wanderer
Glad to hear, I guess I didn't notice the plug-in part ;)

Spider, that's true. My sig is just a quote I found funny though, I'm not trying to make oxygen illegal or something ;)

Just want to say I got a look at this program already (Thanks Bradley) and it's looking awesome...I can't wait for it to be finished...it already blows most of the other editors out of the water and it's not finished yet.