RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gumping noobs

davidovo

Page
Hi guys I have added a new gump for the Player character in paperdoll.

I wanna know how to change the player character gump in paperdoll I was looking in character creation but its not there Thanks!!!
I just wana know where to put the new hexadecimal code

m309

Squire
The easiest way to replace the paperdoll gump is to simply place your new image over the existing paperdoll gump image in the same file slot. No need to edit anything in the client.

davidovo

Page
Yeah but I want this paperdoll to work only with a specific class so I wish to set on the Class gate that when a player join the savage team, the paperdoll would change for the paperdoll I created.

So I need to know where do I change the hexadecimal number for the gump, or which kind of command I could set to fix it,
example:

mp.changepaperdollgump = 0x9b

( this is a fictif command I know its really not the correct one)

m309

Squire
Well you can easily command a new gump to open via your class gate script with SendGump blah blah blah. The issue is going to be that the player will still have the original paperdoll open, and it will continue to open anytime the client makes a call for "paperdoll" or whatever its called within the client.exe itself. The other issue you might run into (I'm not sure, I've never tried) is that scripting the functionality of the paperdoll itself...equipping, displaying, updating, etc etc may be a doozy. As far as I know the coding which calls the paperdoll, and does everything the paperdoll does is all handled 100% client side, so it won't be as simple as overriding the hex number of the gump file.

Scriptiz

Sorceror
If you don't need elves, just override the elve gump in the mul file (client-side), then edit the race of the players to Elf.

davidovo

Page
Its not a good solution I need the solution to add a new gump cause I have like 8 team, and I wish to edit a tons of gump.

I dont wanna replace I wanna add thanks for your help.

Vorspire

Knight
The furthest you can go with editing the Paperdoll, is how it looks - you can't modify it much more than that.
To modify the Paperdoll art, you have to edit GumpArt.mul and GumpIdx.mul with a Mul Patcher application and replace the Bitmap.

There is no real way that I know of to detect when a Player has the Paperdoll open, so you won't be able to close it, or stop it from opening, you won't be able to detect when it's opened either.
I also think the above applies when requesting the Paperdoll of another Mobile.

The best solution is to simply send your custom Gump as you would with any other Gump and ignore the fact that the Paperdoll exists anyway and maybe as a last ditch, you can call Mobile.CloseAllGumps which might include the Paperdoll and Backpack.

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Code:
Packet Name: Open Paperdoll
Last Modified: 2008-10-11 09:57:22
Modified By: MuadDib

Packet: 0x88
Sent By: Server
Size: 66 Bytes

Packet Build
BYTE[1] cmd
BYTE[4] charid
BYTE[60] text
BYTE[1] flag byte

Subcommand Build
N/A

Notes
Flag Notes:
Normal = 0x00,
Unknown = 0x01,
Can Alter Paperdoll = 0x02,
Poisoned = 0x04,
Golden Health = 0x08,
Unknown2 = 0x10,
Unknown3 = 0x20,
War Mode = 0x40,
Hidden = 0x80

Can Alter Paperdoll only exists in 3.x+ clients? Verified up to 2.0.4 does not use this.
As Of AOS Clients (above 3.0.8z, and initial, the buggy ones), these have changed. Warmode is now 0x01.
Not sure if it'll get you anywhere.