RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hosting A Sever For 3-5 People?

Tecred

Wanderer
Hosting A Sever For 3-5 People?

Ok, my friend is going to be sending me the files, after a few years, a bunch of people finally got some files together, and the server ended dieing due to everyone having personal problems. Well a few of us kept in touch and now I'm wanting to get it up and going for a few of us, and I have a few questions. 1) Will I have to make my router have a static ip address? 2) Once I have the files, will RunUO recognize them automatically? 3) Can I set it to how many accounts can be created, and then change it later possibly?

runuo_user;837589 said:
how can be possible workin on server for some years and never using RunUO - Ultima Online Emulation - Search Forums ?

Shut up. Either help or get out of the way so that others can.
Tecred;837586 said:
Ok, my friend is going to be sending me the files, after a few years, a bunch of people finally got some files together, and the server ended dieing due to everyone having personal problems. Well a few of us kept in touch and now I'm wanting to get it up and going for a few of us, and I have a few questions. 1) Will I have to make my router have a static ip address? 2) Once I have the files, will RunUO recognize them automatically? 3) Can I set it to how many accounts can be created, and then change it later possibly?

1. Static internal IP is always preferable for port forwarding, DHCP leases aren't always given out in the same order they were before, which can render the forwarding useless as it wont be forwarded to the same machine. If you don't want to go the static IP route, you could also (if your router supports it) forward the port to all machines on the lan (sometimes this isn't a documented feature, try using a wildcard on the last octet like
Code:
192.168.1.*
where * is a wildcard for 'any')

2. Yes, everything should work. just make sure the version is the same, or you'll have more work cut out for you.

3. Turn off auto account creation once all the accounts you want are in. Then you'd have to manually create new accounts. Alternately, turn auto account creation back on, let them create their account, then turn it back off.

migzilla

Sorceror
I would ask the old host to zip or rar the entire shardr up and send it to you so you dont have to worry about matching versions with what is posted here for download. Once you get the files you will just have to modify a few scripts to recognize your ip address and the location of your UO client. There are a few faq posts that help with this, or just keep posting here and some of the very helpful members will walk you through it. Looks like Anti Basic covered your account creation stuff.....:)

Tecred

Wanderer
OMG, TY sooooo much lol. Very helpful, but downloading the server files now, I've never ran a server, never messed with RunUO or anything. I just used Razor and the Client, that was it really, and UO Gateway back in the day lol.

EvilPounder420

Sorceror
Also i would like to add that if you are using DSL and not Cable internet (or something with its own static IP address) you may want to consider downloading and setting up and account with NO-IP or something similar since DSL is constantly changing its IP Address. NO-IP will automatically update everytime your IP Address changes so you wont have to do it manually.

Tecred

Wanderer
Ok, I believe I have all the files, I open RunUO, it asked me for a admin acct forever ago, but now it says I alrdy have an acct with my IP, I logged in 1 time. Now when I try to log in I got an error saying, "There is some problem communicating with Origin. Please restart Ultima Online and try again.

Tecred

Wanderer
Ok, Major Update guys. I got the old login screen to work and load up, I created my owner account, and can go to log in with it, go past Char Select screen, but it doesn't go any further, I'm using RunUO\Server264.exe and it doesn't load a map or any graphics, just keeps showing the login screen. I can bring it up with ConnectUO 2.0 and UO Gateway. Any advice? If you need anymore info, just ask.

Tecred

Wanderer
Any help is appreciated, ty everyone who has done their best so far. =) May good things come to good people. I think it's something to do with my Region file though, any idea how to mess with it?

Tecred

Wanderer
Ok, I have no clue how to get the custom scripts into this, but I can get it loaded, but only with UO, ML, 3d! I want some good ole 2d!

Tecred

Wanderer
Ok, I'm completely lost now guys. I need help... I have all these Old Server files, that were Ran with RunUO 1.0, I have it, but I can't get it to read the scripts... Any help at all would be appreciated. =)

Wendy

Wanderer
Ok.. There are several things going on here.. First, the build is legacy (the 1.0).. This is going to be problematic because the support here is not really for 1.0.. it is for the newer builds (2.0 ect).. However, that is not necessarily an issue.. Some of us will be willing to help. Just be patient.. We are all busy..

First, there has to be clarification. It sounds like the server was hosted by a hosting company, as you stated you had them zip it and send it to you.. So now the question is do you have the server on a local machine within your LAN, or is it hosted externally on a server someplace?Are you running it as a private server that is on a LAN, and are you intending on having players connect from outside of your LAN? What client are you using, and have you patched it? If so, to what patch? Have you run UORice on the client? There are tons of things your not telling us..

Give us more information so we can help you.

Soteric

Knight
Post RunUO console at least... I guess you didn't remove encryption either.

Reading stickies and using forum can be also useful instead of waiting for someone's reply.

Tecred

Wanderer
Ok, the server was initially ran on RunUO 1.0. It was sent to me in a file called "Old_Server" it has a Data folder, a Script folder, a BoxServer folder, Server.exe, Server.exe.config., UOArchitectInterface.dll, Utima.dll, BoxServer.dll, OrbServerSDK.dll, and TransferServer.dll. When I run the Server.exe I get a long list of errors. Here is a screenshot of what happens when I try to run it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm completely clueless about it all lol. I also have RunUO 2.0 on my computer though. Could that cause a conflict? Thank you so much everyone who has helped me this far! =)

you have duplicates of some scripts, find them and delete them. You might even have 2 script folders by mistake, theres an awful lot.

also for your school surfing needs:

http://www.ultrareach.com/

This even gets past lightspeed content filtering, one of the hardest-to-get-around filtering systems I have encountered.

Tecred

Wanderer
Is there like a way to set the directory of where my scripts are? Are does RunUO 1.0 automatically find them?

its in /Scripts/....

What I'm saying is, INSIDE that folder, there is probably another folder, probably backups of modofied scripts or something that got tossed in there by mistake. Do a file search for duplicate files.