RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I add things to Bankbox without Test Center on

Ajantis

Wanderer
How do I add things to Bankbox without Test Center on

How can I go about adding things into a new players Bank Box without having to use Test Center on? Wheres the .cs or script? Thanks.

Packer898

Knight
Ajantis said:
Show an entire example please, not just one line. Thanks.

No. This is a learning forum. The intention here is to help you learn not give you enough code to copy and paste. You should attempt to do what arul said and put it where you think it should go then copy and paste what you have done here. Support here is best sumed up by a quote from TMSTKSBK.

TMSTKSBK said:
Our primary method of support here is:

1. You try.
2. You break it.
3. You try to fix it.
4. You come to us.
5. We tell you how you might be able to fix it.
6. You break it again.
7. Repeat 3-6 until done.
8. Share your new knowledge with the infinite supply of noobies we have here.

If you are unwilling to do this then we will not help you. :rolleyes:

hollysong

Wanderer
Ajantis you dont know the most important thing about coding; if you want a create something but you dont know how can do that, find the imitate and look this about 3-5 minutes (hours for idiots :) ) and change it a little if you are changed succesfully you are done. ;) :cool: ;)

well for starters try looking at this section of your script!!

Code:
private static void AddBackpack( Mobile m )
		{
			Container pack = m.Backpack;

if ( pack == null )
			{
				pack = new Backpack();
				pack.Movable = false;

m.AddItem( pack );
			}

[COLOR="Red"]PackItem( new Gold( 1000 ) ); // Starting gold can be customized here
			PackItem( new Dagger() );
			PackItem( new Candle() );[/COLOR]		}

And for everyone else that may get upset cause i am showing him please understand i dont know about you all but i would rather see a bunch of code in a thread then a bunch of txt saying this and that, another words this will make this thread come to a end instead of taking up everyones time on helping the real scripters < took me about 2 sec to post this > :)

god i hate myself lol :rolleyes:

EDIT:// Sorry about that i am half asleep lol thanks Packer898 ;) for catching this!! Please forget anything i posted above unless you are adding to backpack and here below is what you need!

Code:
//if( TestCenter.Enabled )
			FillBankbox( newChar );

if ( young && newChar.BankBox != null )
			{
				NewPlayerTicket ticket = new NewPlayerTicket();
				ticket.Owner = newChar;
				[COLOR="Red"]newChar.BankBox.DropItem( ticket );[/COLOR]
			}

i think if( TestCenter.Enabled ) is what you are looking for and where you need to add your items the red highlighted is what you want to do!

if i am wrong again just slap me and ban me from this section of forums lol sorry about the bad post above!

Packer898

Knight
That would be great and all but it isnt what he asked for. He asked how to add things to the bank like when testcenter is enabled. Adding things to new characters backpack isnt the same thing. Reading comprehension is a good thing. ;)

Packer898

Knight
Well you should be slapped anyway for posting this code for him when he isnt willing to even attempt to do it himself. God knows we need another lazy admin that isnt even willing to try to do things himself...

yeah you are right but you and everyone else knows that it gets so tiring to have to set hear and explain to these people the rules of this forum and i know it is easyer to just show them and send them on there way and most likey they will expect it all the time so yes i should be slaped for showing him!

what would really be cool is if the admins of the forums made a kinda voting system that when people break the rules and post without trail and error first they get like a point or something on them and when they hit lets say 5 points they are ban from the foums for a week so they will have to sit and figure it out on there own cause they will be ban for a bit on here for not following rules!

ahh wait scratch that i would already be ban like 10 years uhh ROFLMAO :D

but again sorry for helping a admin that want to try himself i should delete my post but im in a good mode today lol

zachseitz

Sorceror
masternightmage said:
And for everyone else that may get upset cause i am showing him please understand i dont know about you all but i would rather see a bunch of code in a thread then a bunch of txt saying this and that, another words this will make this thread come to a end instead of taking up everyones time on helping the real scripters < took me about 2 sec to post this > :)

god i hate myself lol :rolleyes:

EDIT:// Sorry about that i am half asleep lol thanks Packer898 ;) for catching this!! Please forget anything i posted above unless you are adding to backpack and here below is what you need!

i think if( TestCenter.Enabled ) is what you are looking for and where you need to add your items the red highlighted is what you want to do!

if i am wrong again just slap me and ban me from this section of forums lol sorry about the bad post above!
He does not want Test Center Enabled. Read the post again.
Its in the CharacterCreation.cs file. Like Packer898 said, This is a learning forum. You give us the problem, we help you fix it. We don't fix it for you.

sirbum69

Wanderer
Ok well i have a problem along these lines...

Im trying to give all new char a house deed...

i know where to place the code and i know what code to place

problem is when i place in new SmallBrickHouseDeed();

it says that it is missing...ive looked all throught the scripts and i can find that exact same code for the house placement tool...

But i dont want to give th tool just the deed itself so that they can hav a small house to start out with.

So what word or name am i looking for, or is this even possible....

sirbum69

Wanderer
Ahh packer you know what no i didnt add that at the top...
I didnt think i had too...Thought i could just add it in using the new BLAA bLLAA....thanks man off to try it now..

and for the other post add it where your char is created...
just before where there starting location is created

EDITED: Ahh worked out perfectly....Thanks packer...Now im going to break some more stuff and get mass of errors while i try to make it so only one char from the account gets it LOL....

Not sure that is even possible