RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How's it going guys?

Tumeski

Sorceror
Sup,

Anything special been going on? I read some topics that development has been somewhat active last year etc...

People still working hard, eh? What timeline is RunUO nowdays focusing on? (Wich era client you know) and how good is the support for Linux these days?

Oh and Kiwi is a pain in the ass!

Yes development has been active.. there are even other people taking runuo and adding a script or two to it and relabeling it under their own name!! lol.

Vorspire

Knight
Yes development has been active.. there are even other people taking runuo and adding a script or two to it and relabeling it under their own name!! lol.

OK, this is the second time I've seen you comment and indirectly target a group of people with negativity, so spill the beans on who you're accusing, or keep it to yourself? :)

@Tumeski, RunUO development has been pretty active, EoS is doing what he can to get the updates to the SVN rolled out, things seem to be going fine since all of the disgruntled members left or got banned.
RunUO's SVN is and most likely always will support Mondain's Legacy content, however a lot of the newer packets have been added for support for higher expansions.

Vorspire

Knight
OK, this is the second time I've seen you comment in my threads with stupidity, either acknowledge the truth or keep it to yourself? :D

You have to fight stupidity with stupidity.
This isn't your thread and neither was the other one.

So who has been "taking runuo and adding a script or two to it then relabeling it under their own name"?
If you're going to make comments like that, be prepared for the questions, or shut up.

Make up a BS .dll , add Nerun's Distro and a few other scripts and claim it as your own release... I didn't have to call out a specific name because I've been asked not to. I'm just speaking the truth. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, Gump.

Thanks for your attention :D

Countessa

Administrator
Make up a BS .dll , add Nerun's Distro and a few other scripts and claim it as your own release... I didn't have to call out a specific name because I've been asked not to. I'm just speaking the truth.

You were asked to stop the drama in the forums.
Knock it off.

Vorspire

Knight
Make up a BS .dll , add Nerun's Distro and a few other scripts and claim it as your own release... I didn't have to call out a specific name because I've been asked not to. I'm just speaking the truth.

Yes but blind accusations are worthless, all you are doing is fuelling scepticism and fear by telling people that *someone* has done such things, if you think you're trying to warn people about a malicious person, you're not, because people can't protect themselves against the unknown.

What you have to say, even if it is the truth, is pointless without association and is such negativity that is declining this community.

Personally I would love to know who (or what group/team of people) you are referring to, so if you don't mind PM'ing me with the answer so I can be aware of a potential threat, I would greatly appreciate it. Would also like links and facts instead of blind accusations.

Vorspire

Knight
Sorry, I'm not allowed to answer now.

I didn't ask for a public answer and nothing is stopping you from sending an email.
I have reason to believe you're being so negative, most likely because someone you already dislike has achieved something you haven't, or you're just falsifying claims in order to make an individual or collection of people a target, at least to people who might have the slightest clue who you're talking about.

Either way, RunUO is open source and in the open source world, people fork projects and rename them to whatever they like.
If the person(s) you are talking about have removed copyright notices, file comment headers or licenses then it's at the discretion of the RunUO team to chase it up.

I'm all for the truth, I just can't stand blind accusations.

I hope you have learned why you have had such a negative reaction and continue to be a contributive member to this community, without the negativity.

All that I have said is final, I will be exiting this discussion in favour of a more satisfying exchange of knowledge.

Countessa

Administrator
Complaining about other people doesn't stick up for runuo. It just creates negativity in these forums and it's not wanted. I understand your issue and appreciate your loyalty to RunUO but this is not the place for it. It really isn't.
If you need to rant about this all, send me a pm. In the open forums, we don't need to bring this up.
Thanks!

Tumeski

Sorceror
Oh the drama once again. Well atleast Starbucksis exactly like it used to be... Too bad the tread is bombed now haha. Nice to see you Vorspire after long time, you seem to have cool project on keep it up!

Vorspire

Knight
Oh the drama once again. Well atleast Starbucksis exactly like it used to be... Too bad the tread is bombed now haha. Nice to see you Vorspire after long time, you seem to have cool project on keep it up!

Good to see people returning too, welcome back, even if you're only lurking :)
We just have to try and keep drama to a minimum these days, it's one of the major factors in the decline of the community, but from what I've seen recently, things are getting better TBH.