RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i need help seriosly

RYUA

Wanderer
i need help seriosly

when i open start server it opens a black box and it says scripts complying but thats ok.then scripts complying .net scripts......no files found.then it says loading reagons.....done.then it only says the address (the box is still open).then it world saves alot

Marcus247

Wanderer
RYUA said:
when i open start server it opens a black box and it says scripts complying but thats ok.then scripts complying .net scripts......no files found.then it says loading reagons.....done.then it only says the address (the box is still open).then it world saves alot

Yes, in order to keep the server running you keep that program running. The next step you need to take is log into your shard. (Keep the program running tho)

Phoric

Wanderer
RYUA said:
ehhh??? i use beta 36,i switched

B36 is not supported anymore. Use 1.0.

Do you know how to locate a directory on your hard drive? Maybe learn some basic computer fundamentals before trying to run a server. Or at least read the FAQs.

RYUA

Wanderer
it says how to work run uo and this is step 5
5. Open up explorer and go to the RunUO directory.
what does it mean by that

Phoric

Wanderer
RYUA said:
it says how to work run uo and this is step 5
5. Open up explorer and go to the RunUO directory.
what does it mean by that

It means open up Explorer and go to the RunUO directory. :rolleyes: This is the directory that you installed RunUO into. You can either use Windows Explorer located usually somewhere on your Start menu (Programs -> Accessories), right click on your Start button and click on Explore, or go to My Computer on your desktop and navigate to the directory.

This is what I mean when I say you need to learn some basic fundamentals before you try and run a server. We can't do much to help you if you're not even aware of how to open a program or locate a directory on your hard drive. But part of the fun is learning and figuring stuff out, so enjoy. :)

Phoric

Wanderer
RYUA said:
no i know how to but where "is" the file

I already posted the answer to that:

phoric said:
Wherever you put it during the install. Usually C:\RunUO or C:\RunUO 1.0 RC0 or similar.

If you're still on Beta 36, then it would be something like C:\RunUO B36

Can't you just open explorer and look yourself?

Lister

Wanderer
Alright. You run the runuo.exe or whatever. It'll get to the ip addresses. Then open up uogateway, add a local serverlisting with your local ip (127.0.0.1 or whatever), then join the shard.

RYUA

Wanderer
sigh when i use the icon,the first thing i did.(run uo .exe it wouldent work right it would bring me to a site saying it cant find the server

RYUA

Wanderer
RYUA said:
sigh when i use the icon,the first thing i did.(run uo .exe it wouldent work right it would bring me to a site saying it cant find the server.or another saying the same but their both difforent.what should i do?