RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i need help seriosly

dstarz20

Sorceror
Not sure I understand what you're doing. You launch RunUo server. DOS opens, compiles scripts and tells you some IP addresses. Then you go to UO gateway where you already setup your public server. 127.0.0.1. It then takes you to your server where you logon with your admin password. Have you gotten this far?

joshw

Sorceror
the DOS screen that you see is the actual server just minamize it and open up ultima online using uogateway make sure to read instructions on how to link your shard to uogateway then log onto your shard dont worry about the DOS prompt screen that is your server running

bean56

Wanderer
RYUA said:
sigh when i use the icon,the first thing i did.(run uo .exe it wouldent work right it would bring me to a site saying it cant find the server
You are not running the right program if it's trying to open internet explorer.

RYUA

Wanderer
i 2 clicked the run uo.exe and it said that i need to choose a program to open it with and i choose what i use for my internet(aol)

bean56

Wanderer
If you are running the right program it will not ask you what program to open it with cause it is a program!

Ralman

Sorceror
You should be using Windows Explorer NOT Internet Explorer.

Windows Explorer is the thing that you browse the files on the hard drive with.
The easy way to get to it is to double click on 'My Computer' or Start/Programs/Accessories/Windows Explorer.

Grae

Wanderer
RYUA said:
sigh when i use the icon,the first thing i did.(run uo .exe it wouldent work right it would bring me to a site saying it cant find the server

Don't use the RunUO shortcuts that are created during install (as they cause problems). Delete them and make your own Shortcut to RunUO.exe

ie. c:/program files/RunUO RCO 1.0/RunUO.exe

Have UO installed, Have .Net Framework installed, Have UOGateway installed.

Make sure your ServerList.cs has been setup for IP.

Register your shard with UOGateway.

Start RunUO.exe > Once up and running, leave run in the background (don't close it).

Start UOGateway > Search "Public Servers" List > Find your Shard. Click on it, your shard details should move to new screen (My Servers) click your shard name in "My Servers" and your UO client should start up automatically.

For more detailed instructions on the install and setup - Read the FAQ section. There is a lot of information there.

Good Luck.

RYUA

Wanderer
when i first clicked on run uo.exe it asked me to use a program to open it with,i didnt use internet explore i use aol as internet so how do i change what it opens it with?oh and those stuff you said to do in my cpu didnt work

Yerba

Wanderer
RYUA said:
when i open start server it opens a black box and it says scripts complying but thats ok.then scripts complying .net scripts......no files found.then it says loading reagons.....done.then it only says the address (the box is still open).then it world saves alot

In your first post in this thread you discribed the server running properly. Once that black box is open and has your ip address then all you need to do is log in. Is that box not opening anymore and if its not what did you change that made it not open?

Yerba

Wanderer
Opening anything named runuo.exe should never ask what program you wish to run it with. It should just open a black box and load the server. If for some reason you have one that does then something is screwed up and i would just delete everything dealing with runuo and start over. But you did have it working right so i dont know what you did or what your doing. You say you can get that box open but yet when you use runuo.exe that it doesnt work but thats how you get the box.

Yerba

Wanderer
RYUA said:
i use the link start server to open the black box

ah Start Server is runuo.exe. Its just a renamed shortcut. They do the exact same thing. If the runuo.exe doesnt work then the Start Server shouldnt either. Everyone says dont use the shortcuts so you probably shouldnt use Start Server.
Is 1.0 RC0 the only version you have on your computer?

Yerba

Wanderer
RYUA said:
no also beta 36

Is the Start Server and the runuo.exe your clicking on both for 1.0 or is one for 36 and one for 1.0? You should remove one of them completely. I recommend removing 36. I think you should just remove both versions and pick one to reinstall.

RYUA

Wanderer
lol i should be set now but before i took off 1.0
thanks ill post here if i have anymore problems

Yerba

Wanderer
RYUA said:
lol i should be set now but before i took off 1.0
thanks ill post here if i have anymore problems

You got it figured out? If so thats great. I do recommend using 1.0 over 36 since you will get little to no help for 36 on these boards. Anyway good luck to ya.