RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need help with I.P !!!

nox715

Wanderer
I need help with I.P !!!

:confused: I got an I.P. off www.no-ip.com and it was a dynamic dns i.p. which i heard it still worked so I tried it and it still doesn't work. I need some help setting up my server! HELP! :confused:

FLuXx()

Sorceror
Dynamic DNS IP...do you have any idea what you are saying?

The IP you should have got from that site is going to be your WAN IP address, be it for your computer alone or your network.

If you are trying to host a server using a dial-up connection then your IP address will be dynamic (in most cases).

If you are running the server on dial-up, I advise that you don't any longer.

If you have cable or dsl, or something better, then register a DNS with www.no-ip.com. This is what I assume you have also done. You need to get the IP they tell you (which is likely to be yours not theirs) and put it into the DNS information.

All that is really doing is giving your IP address a name.

FLuXx()

Sorceror
Ok, take your WAN IP and configure josephnox.no-ip.info to direct to that IP. (Your real IP)

If it works, you should be able to ping josephnox.no-ip.info and get a reply. (From yourself!)

FLuXx()

Sorceror
Hehe ok go here: http://www.whatismyip.com/

That IP, is your "WAN IP" (the IP you are seen as on the Internet)

Login to www.no-ip.com

On the left side is a menu. Under Hosts / Redirects click on Manage

This should show josephnox.no-ip.info, to the right of it is a link called Modify. Click it and you are brought to a new screen with a bunch of stuff all over it.

The only things you need to do are this:

Host Type: DNS (A)
IP Address: the one you got from www.whatismyip.com

When you've done that, scroll down and click the button Modify Host

If you got that done and still need help let me know.

nox715

Wanderer
lala x3

Ok, Now i need more help, my wan ip was already on that place and it was on that (A) thing. i did it anyway and tried to get on my server with that ip and it still didnt work... :confused: WATS WRONG WITH IT, PLEASE help!!

FLuXx()

Sorceror
where it says
public const string Address = "";

maki it look like

public const string Address = "josephnox.no-ip.info";

nox715

Wanderer
Alright, I did all that and it still doesn't connect. Do i have to type anything eles in that server.sc file thing?!?!?! :confused: :confused: