RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need help with I.P !!!

Liam

Sorceror
nox715 said:
i think i am?... :confused:

Well, that makes a big difference as to how you set things up. You need to figure out whether you are running behind a router. If you are, you will need to forward the port to your runuo server. Find out and if you are, post back. We will be able to help you further if we know whether you are behind a router or not. It does make a difference and if you don't forward the port, you most likely won't be able to connect.

stormwolff

Knight
<Rant>

My suggestion is if you don't know what a wan ip is, you don't know what a router is, you don't know what port forwarding is, you don't know how to undo an edit to a .cs file in an editor, that you shouldn't be running a server.

Please take the time to learn about the things you are using. Do the world a favor and learn about your computer, your network, the internet, internet security, server security, then try to host a server.

Ps getting everyone to do the work for you isn't learning.

</rant>

nox715 said:
:confused: Yes I am connected to a router. :confused: What is port forwarding? :confused: How do I do that? :confused:

Now on to the help

What kind of router is it? Look in your manual. Tthe website for the router should have a faq or support which includes port forwarding.

-edit added rant tags :) and help question

nox715

Wanderer
Server support

I am here for server help and support and they are teaching me these things now. All I want is to be able to make my server public.

Tark

Wanderer
just save a backup of anything you change, and if it doesnt work, restore from backup.

Port Forwarding: A way for network administrators to allow certain connections through a firewall (routers all have firewalls built in).

editing a cs file is just like a text file. use notepad until you feel comfortable enough to learn about sharpdevelop.

every router is different, but the you need to forward your server's ip address, and port 2593.

Assimilate

Wanderer
lol, this thread is hilarious.

Not to be rude nox715 but I think stormwolf is right, maybe you are running before you can walk.

Its good to ask questions and learn that way, but to run a server is a big thing, and to make it work , and be succesful is a bigger thing.

If you need to ask
'OMG what if i messed up and put it somewhere eles how do i go back and change it?'

then you are not going to be able to run a server!

ps whats the shards name? maybe i can come and play and you forgot to turn off the admin stuff, so i can set my skills to gm + infin on everything :)

nox715

Wanderer
Tark I already no that stuff now... Other person I dont care about runing and walking cuz i no how to jog!

Tark

Wanderer
and i shall take the bus :D

and i refuse to bash someone or tell them they shouldnt run a server, just because they ask a newbie question...its a free download, everyone is welcome to start one. Gotta start somewhere.

stormwolff

Knight
Tark said:
and i shall take the bus :D

and i refuse to bash someone or tell them they shouldnt run a server, just because they ask a newbie question...its a free download, everyone is welcome to start one. Gotta start somewhere.

I would gladly offer help if the original poster ever answered my question. I won't just randomly say how to configure x brand of router it would be a waste of time for me to reasearch them all then present how tos based on each one. It would be much faster to know which brand router then to give specific instructions based on that brand/model.

So again I ask, What kind of router is it?

stormwolff

Knight
nox715 said:
I am the oringinal poster.. I have a -netgear, wireless usb adapter-... :confused: is that wat u need? :confused:

Is that what is in your computer allowing you to connect to the internet which is what it sounds like to me or is this a router and you are calling it an adapter?

If it is an adaptor, we need your router brand. These are netgear adaptors: http://www.netgear.com/products/consumer/prod_adapter_wireless_hm.php

A router is something that usually goes between your cable modem/dsl modem and a pc. It could be wired or it could be wireless. These are netgear routers:http://www.netgear.com/products/consumer/prod_router_wireless_hm.php

If your router is also a netgear router you will find instructions to port forward on their support site here:http://kbserver.netgear.com/inquira...estion&x=0&y=0&collection_restriction=kb_file

Again you need to know your network setup. I can only offer help based on the info you tell me. As I stated before it would be much easier to help if you were informed about your own computer/network/etc... Its not an attack, its not bashing, its just a suggestion to make the help process easier.

stormwolff

Knight
nox715 said:
Is my router the thing near like my dads computer... im going out ill be back in a hour or 2...

If I have to guess Ill say yes, but as I am not in your house I can not tell you for sure if that is a router or not.

Hegge

Sorceror
Hehe... this was some funny reading u guys =)

nox715 : for portforwarding you might whant to try google, im quite sure ur not the first person that doesnt know how to set up a port forward on a netgear router ,)

nox715

Wanderer
stormwolf, its a router now wat do i have to do about the port forwarding to make my server go public>???? :confused: