RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need help with I.P !!!

stormwolff

Knight
nox715 said:
stormwolf, its a router now wat do i have to do about the port forwarding to make my server go public>???? :confused:

If it is a netgear router here is a link to their support page about port forwarding.
http://kbserver.netgear.com/inquira...estion&x=0&y=0&collection_restriction=kb_file

Bascially you want to load up the router configuration page which it tells you how to do in the link above and forward the port 2593 to the internal lan ip of the computer which is hosting your runuo server. You can find this ip out by reading the ips that start up when you run runuo its should be something like 192.168.#.###.

FLuXx()

Sorceror
nox715 said:
Im confused, I went to the site but how do i start up the port forwarding window to type name and pass?? :confused:

Gonna have to be honest with you dude, you may be too "confused" to be doing this. This isn't the easiest thing in the world to manage, if you can't get a server setup yourself, you shouldn't be running one. You are only going to run into more problems down the line. It'll be very annoying to you and those you are asking constant help from.

stormwolff

Knight
Again without knowing what model you have all I can do is guess. I can also guess that you did not read anything that was in the link I gave you because it tells you exactly how to do it step by step it even has a nice little picture.

This is what it says on the first link in the list I linked you to about port forwarding and a netgear router titled How is Port Forwarding Configured?. The following is a direct link to this page: http://kbserver.netgear.com/inquira...es/n101145.asp&answer_id=43762500#__highlight

Here is a copy of exactly what it says on that page. Again this is not model specific as I have no idea what model you have, you or the person who setup it should know this info. If this is not correct you will need to look it up for your specific model.

To Create a New Inbound or Outbound Rule

1. Submit the router's address in an Internet browser. (The default is 192.168.0.1).
2. Enter the router's username and password.
3. From the main menu, click Security > Rules.
4. Click Add for inbound or outbound traffic, as appropriate to the application you are planning to run.
5. Select the Service. The services the router knows about are listed in the drop down. If the service you want is not listed, add it as described in the next section.
6. Select the Action, for example ALLOW always.
7. For Send to LAN Server, enter the IP address of the local server. Note that this is also the IP address the computers on your LAN will access.
8. For WAN User choose Any, or limit access to particular IP addresses.
9. For Log selection it is reasonable to turn logs on, especially at the beginning when you are unsure of the result of the changes you are making. Later, you may want to set logs to "Never" for performance reasons.
10. Click Apply.

The router username is always admin

The default password is password or 1234

If your router does not have the default password still on it then ask your dad what it is because he probably changed it.