RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I solved the 4.0.10 Stuck On Death problem!!! (Admins, please read!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lysdexic

Sorceror
I solved the 4.0.10 Stuck On Death problem!!! (Admins, please read!)

It IS RunUO that's causing the problem... apparently, when a player dies and they are resurrected (via the ResurrectGump), the GumpCollection still claims the client has that gump (and thats why it says frozen, it thinks you have that gump open). Also, the CloseGumps command from the Macros menu on your paperdoll no longer works with this newer client (it says that is not a valid command). I'm not able to figure out exactly why the GumpCollection is fubar'ed, but thats exactly the problem!

If someone could put this in the Bug Forum for me, please do so... I can't remember my password :(

Greystar

Wanderer
Lysdexic said:
It IS RunUO that's causing the problem... apparently, when a player dies and they are resurrected (via the ResurrectGump), the GumpCollection still claims the client has that gump (and thats why it says frozen, it thinks you have that gump open). Also, the CloseGumps command from the Macros menu on your paperdoll no longer works with this newer client (it says that is not a valid command). I'm not able to figure out exactly why the GumpCollection is fubar'ed, but thats exactly the problem!

If someone could put this in the Bug Forum for me, please do so... I can't remember my password :(

btw how did you come to this conclusion that it was the gump? and i've died a ton of times by testing my guards and i dont have issues with resurrection I even ran to a healer to get resurrected and I could move... I have 4.0.10b for my client too the only thing I need to figure out is why the 3d client is crashing when I try to enter the shard and why my 2d client crashes when I try to view properties.

Lysdexic

Sorceror
It was simple to find, I just found all the spots that had "You are frozen and cannot move" in the scripts and added my own personal message to make it show up. Right after I did that, I tried the gump close command, and it wouldn't work (it works fine for older clients etc).

Lord Neo

Sorceror
The Problem on my shard is once they are killed they are automatically frozen, this is before anyone ressurects them, once they are ressurected they can move again.

Lysdexic

Sorceror
You only need the gump to open once, I used [resurrect on myself at first (which was why I couldn't reproduce the glitch at first)... it was only after I used the gump once that it wouldn't work.

Tannis

Knight
Yeah, I don't freeze the first time I die, only after probably the 3rd time or so, which would make sense with what Lysdexic says.

KnitePrince

Sorceror
ok, having same problem on my shard, is there any way to resolve this? It isnt much of a problem if there are GM's on, hehe, but its an awefull dilema at 4 AM in the morning when no staff is around. although, i will say, coming close to dying with no gm's at that time is a lot more of an adrenalin filled experaince for them now :p

Greystar

Wanderer
Died 15 times as player and as GM

I died 15 times as player and 15 times as a GM ALWAYS ran and found a healer or a shrine to be resurrected (lost alot of Fame doing this). Anyway I have not been able to reproduce this I don't get stuck. I have client version 4.0.10b not any problems with dieing and getting stuck atleast not on trammel and felucca, I really don't think i should need to test this on Malas or Tokuno but if that is where people are getting stuck I'll test it there to.

Greystar

Wanderer
Lysdexic said:
It happens every time in Ilshenar (BTW, I'm using SE, that may make a difference).

Im using SE too, I'll go try and die in Ilshenar...

Edit:

Dieing 15 times on 2 accounts is tedious to say the least (died for a total of 90 times between 2 accounts). Same results in Ilshenar... no you are frozen permanently problems. I tried about 7 times with 2d client and 8 times with 3d client both accounts same exact results. (I'm glad I have a fast processor to not have to wait for application loadup or lag caused my client).

EDIT 2: All tests done using Client version 4.0.10b and server is using same client files on different machine.

Tintamar

Sorceror
Untill someone gets a fix for this just let your players know if they get this frozen message to log off and back on then they will beable to move. If they keep getting it have them restart their client totaly and it will sometimes help stop it for a while.

I guess OSI is releasing another publish soon or they just did Im not sure but maybe they will patch a 3 diget client 4.1.0a maybe? :p

vAlAkIvI

Page
maybe try doing it with a bag of sending.. could be the reason cause when i go trough moongates i get the target for sending stuff.

Tannis

Knight
Another thing to support Lysdexic's theory is this. We have a BOD room on our shard, where players can pick BOD's all day if they want to. We had someone in there macroing. His macro would choose one, and drop it on the BOD book. Well, I'm sure you all know that when you drop one on the BOD book, a gump opens, and when you drop another, the gump goes away for a second and comes back. Every 5 or so minutes, he would get booted from the shard with a message on the console screen saying something like "Has exceeded the open gump limit" So, each time he would drop in a BOD, the client would think he was opening another gump and another and another, while in reality, he was only refreshing the same one over and over again.

Someone needs to get SpyUO and sniff the packets the OSI server sends when gumps are force closed by the server. If it is a RunUO issue, its most likely because OSI changed the packet number/format that notifies the client to close a certain gump.

mdavis93

Sorceror
If this concerns logging into an OSI shard, I can't do it.. no account.
But I can 'sniff' the data sent to/from my server/client, if needed.

Kamron

Knight
We already know what the problem is and have it isolated. Its just a matter of fixing it properly. The problem is that when the server tells the client to close a gump, the old client used to respond by pressing the "close" buttonid (which would remove the gump from the server's gump list). The client stopped doing that, so its now "assumed" that it closes. The problem with that is that if you tell the server to close a gump in the button response, you can get an infinite loop. If you tell it to remove the gump from the server's list when the server tells the client to close the gump, you get an index error because it tries to close it twice.

So the problem is more complex than what it looks like, and yes the Devs are working on it.

Tintamar

Sorceror
Indeed gumps arent closing. I have a player tha keeps getting disconnected from running an easyuo script to pick up bods and fill a bod book, every time you drop bod in book a gump opens.

Code:
Client: xx.xx.xx.xx: Exceeded gump cap, disconnecting...
Client: xx.xx.xx.xx: Disconnected. [15 Online] [soldat]

Just want to let you people know that I have posted the code that fixes the freeze on death due to the Resurrect gump in the RunUO > Code Modifications > Script Modifications section.

Slayer1

Wanderer
I have 4.0.10b for my client too the only thing I need to figure out is why the 3d client is crashing when I try to enter the shard and why my 2d client crashes when I try to view properties.[/QUOTE said:
i have the same problem i dont know wats wrong either

Status
Not open for further replies.