RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I solved the 4.0.10 Stuck On Death problem!!! (Admins, please read!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamron

Knight
By properties do you mean the AOS box that has an item/mobile's stats? I don't have a probelm with those.

Also I would like to extend what One Eyed Jack said (which is also in his thread) that his fix is NOT for the underlying problem that ALL GUMPS have. I do not recommend anyone uses his fix as it does not accomplish anything substantial, and you will have to remove it to update to 1.0.1 anyways.

Manix

Wanderer
Just a suggestion. But to work around all of the problems with freezing because of being resurrected. Why don't you give the players access to the command [res until it is resolved. They still won't be able to resurrect themselves directly beside the creature or whatever killed them... or they will get killed again.

Remember, just a suggestion.
Manix

snicker7

Sorceror
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I write scripts on the EasyUO forums and recently have had people mention that when they use my BOD Filling script on RunUO shards they frequently experience disconnects during the portion of the script that adds items to the BOD. I spent a while this afternoon trying to determine why this happens, to find out that the disconnects occur when the gump cap has been reached (512) yet, in the case of the BOD gump, each time an item is targeted in the EndCombine method, and the BOD still has items to fill, the method sends a new BOD gump to the client, which (supposedly) should close the other one. Now after reading this, what I have deduced is that the server does not actually close gumps but instead requests that the client close them and recieves a confirmation from the client? Am I so far off from this?

So what is actually happening is that the client is not telling the server that the gumps are closed when they actually are? It does not take much to generate a disconnect, I used my script to fill only 26 BODs whose total count only added up to 340 or some odd number, still far below the cap of 512.

Is there any way to prevent this within my script... client side? I had thought at first that it was possibly being caused by the items combining too quickly and the closegump requests were not going through before the gump reopened... but seemingly I am incorrect! or am I?

Tannis

Knight
You've got it exactly right. It should be telling the client the gump was refreshed when an item is added to a BOD, but instead the client is counting it as another open gump. I use a BOD picker script on my shard since we have a building that spawns BOD's, and right around 512, I get disconnected. This problem still occurs, and I'm 99% sure there's no way to fix it through your script. It would have to be a core mod I think. People also get stuck after maybe the 3rd or 4th time they die because of the client thinking they've still got a res gump open from the last time they died. Also, if you take a runebook, drop a rune out, close the book, and drop it back in, eventually you'll get a message telling you that you can't drop a rune in while viewing the book's contents. Again, the client thinking the runebook gump is still open, even though it's not. I'm pretty sure we'll all just have to wait until the next version of RunUO is out for it to be fixed.

snicker7

Sorceror
Alright, thanks for clarifying. I will just have to tell my users that, heh, what a bummer. Any idea if the clients "Close All Gumps" macro would fix this sort of problem?

snicker7

Sorceror
Don't be an ass. No one is using that client, it's an error that has persisted throughout versions. I experience it using even the latest client from OSI. Obviously it is you who doesn't understand. THIS problem is the closest related problem to the one many people are experiencing, and believe it or not, it has nothing to with client 4.0.10 SPECIFICALLY, but every client since then as well. That sir, is the reason I brought up this old thread... if you could point me to a more appropriate one then do so.

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
snicker7 said:
Don't be an ass. No one is using that client, it's an error that has persisted throughout versions. I experience it using even the latest client from OSI. Obviously it is you who doesn't understand. THIS problem is the closest related problem to the one many people are experiencing, and believe it or not, it has nothing to with client 4.0.10 SPECIFICALLY, but every client since then as well. That sir, is the reason I brought up this old thread... if you could point me to a more appropriate one then do so.

Trust me I understand, but clearly you dislike me, so I will just go back to enjoying my break from people like you.

I gave you NO REASON to call me an asshole, I expect an apoligy but I doubt I will get it. Doesn't matter EasyUO is a buggy peice of crap, I suspect the problems from that not RunUO.

snicker7

Sorceror
how typical of someone of your disposition to go back and EDIT your previous post to which I replied and then act as if I was in no position to call you out. Secondly, I did not call you an asshole, I called you an ass. Connotatively, two different things entirely. An ass is someone who behaves like a fool, such as yourself when you declared that the problem was that someone was using 4.0.10 as a client, and THAT was the issue, not what I had previously described in detail... of course, no one else can see that now that you have cleverly edited out the mistake that you've made since you clearly must strive for some sort of false perfection. Perhaps that is the same reason that you have now blamed this issue on EasyUO, which you also call a buggy piece of crap. Good thing you're not on the development team, or nothing would ever get done. Now... go edit your post some more to make me look like more of a fool, please.

Tannis

Knight
It is an old thread, and I shouldn't have replied, but a lot of people would like to see this issue fixed. If not fixed, at least receive more information on it. I also use the newest client, and am hardly ever using EasyUO when I get disconnected. I even get disconnected when I'm using Arya's Chess game.

Rift

Wanderer
Well since thread was resurrected I posted a temp fix till Runuo updates.. mod isn't a coremod it covers the stuck on death and the crafting problematic gumps could be expanded on on other gumps as well but this just an example and strenuosly tested though if someone uses it post a crash log there ( if it crashes do to it ) so can take a look cuz I still haven't been able to produce a crash caused by it here is the link http://www.runuo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62896

Taz Devil4

Wanderer
Seanchen.net said:
Trust me I understand, but clearly you dislike me, so I will just go back to enjoying my break from people like you.

I gave you NO REASON to call me an asshole, I expect an apoligy but I doubt I will get it. Doesn't matter EasyUO is a buggy peice of crap, I suspect the problems from that not RunUO.

Yes you did. You're usual clap trap responce, before you edited your post to remove all evidence of the crap you wrote.

Have you ever tried actually reading a post before you type out your replies.
It works a treat once you understand what is being said.

As for calling you an Asshole, that is incorrect, he called you an ASS in your case would mean either A pompous Fool or hardy and sure-footed animal smaller and with longer ears than the horse

But I would have just called you a shirt lifting rectum explorer.

Just enjoy yourself for a few minutes and sit on this

Do you know what a condom is?
It's a shame your father didn't?

How about doing us all a favour and winning yourself a Darwin Award.

Hellsbane

Wanderer
Not sure if this has been posted, kinda rushed for time here. Anyway, i was taught a way around the frozen upon death thing. Its bloody incoveinant, but it works. If/when this happens to you, you just log out then log back in. You are then un-frozen.

Tannis

Knight
Yep, that's what I've got players on my shard doing. It's just a pain more than a real bug. You can't open too many gumps or you get booted, that sort of thing. I honestly don't mind waiting for it to be fixed with the next release. At least I know the players on my shard won't be using macros to fill 500 BOD books a night...without sitting there babysitting it anyway.

Rift

Wanderer
in all actuality it only take about 30-50 bods to fill the gumpcollection every item crafted every item added to deed if there adding to bodbook changing too different items different color smelting that all adds to the gumpcollection and most not getting removed.....but if crafting not a worry just add the onbeforedeath part of playermobile and the stuck on death won't be a problem in my post all the other mods I done were directed at a way to remove nolonger needed gumps in the array just happened to be more directed to crafting because of the massive amounts of gumps the collection adds when crafting

tophyr

Wanderer
Is there a fix yet?

XxSP1DeRxX, you mentioned you were working on one. Have you got it to act correctly?

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
Taz Devil4 said:
Yes you did. You're usual clap trap responce, before you edited your post to remove all evidence of the crap you wrote.

Have you ever tried actually reading a post before you type out your replies.
It works a treat once you understand what is being said.

As for calling you an Asshole, that is incorrect, he called you an ASS in your case would mean either A pompous Fool or hardy and sure-footed animal smaller and with longer ears than the horse

But I would have just called you a shirt lifting rectum explorer.

Just enjoy yourself for a few minutes and sit on this

Do you know what a condom is?
It's a shame your father didn't?

How about doing us all a favour and winning yourself a Darwin Award.

Why exactly do you hate me so much?

I have done nothing to earn this kind of response from anyone.

Any event, if anyone cares, he ended up spamming my boards during December. Goes to the character, I could careless who deny from my website, but I believe I have banned him from it.

To ban he used a working email :lol: so I could request him. I have also contact the isp he was either using, either way he is doing illegal things.

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
tophyr said:
Is there a fix yet?

XxSP1DeRxX, you mentioned you were working on one. Have you got it to act correctly?

Several fixes have been posted over the months, this is a thread that died awhile ago, only reason its active is because that asshole Taz Devil.

Status
Not open for further replies.