RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Instructions for Installing PlayUO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayn

Wanderer
Instructions for Installing PlayUO

First of all, thanks to Juvecu for this walkthru - I updated it for PlayUO Beta 13

Juvecu said:
For all the people battling with the errors, here's what I did:

1.) I installed DirectX 9c Redistributable
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=9226A611-62FE-4F61-ABA1-914185249413&displaylang=en

2.) I installed the dotnetfx.exe (ver 1.1 without SP1)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=262D25E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en

3.) I installed the "old" DirectX 9b Managed Libraries
http://www.runuo.com/krrios/mdxredist.msi

4.) I installed the 2D UO Client and updated it fully

5.) I downloaded the Krrios Client
http://www.runuo.com/krrios/playuo_b13_r1.zip

6.) Extracted the Krrios Client to a subdirectory in my UO folder.

7.) Ran the Config.exe and filled in the resolution, server details, my login details and set Encryption Fix to True, since I play on a non-OSI server.

8.) Ran the Client.exe, logged in fine and everything worked (although I still have to figure out how to get my hues to work )

Hope this helps someone, I'm glad it worked for me first time. (Any advice on the hues wil help, thx)

Seriously, sticky this.

cuy782002

Wanderer
Rayn said:
First of all, thanks to Juvecu for this walkthru - I updated it for PlayUO Beta 13

Seriously, sticky this.
hay rayn will this help the server run faster or does it just suport the playuo beta better
sry for the nood question thx

Dipset

Wanderer
cuy782002 said:
hay rayn will this help the server run faster or does it just suport the playuo beta better
What are you talking about? He just posted instructions on howto install PlayUO, this has nothing to do with the server or anything, just getting it installed.

Rayn

Wanderer
cuy782002 said:

1) I'd like to direct you to the forum this is posted in, Krioss's Client, also now known as PlayUO.

2) This is a post containing links to software for running the previously mentioned PlayUO, and absolutely no links related to the server software, named RUNUO.

3) PlayUO gets higher framerates then the standard client, and for some, has significant bugs in their opinions.

4) How you drew a conclusion such as your post is beyond me.

Have a nice day! :D

P.S. I thought this was locked to prevent questions. LOL

cuy782002

Wanderer
Rayn said:
1) I'd like to direct you to the forum this is posted in, Krioss's Client, also now known as PlayUO.

2) This is a post containing links to software for running the previously mentioned PlayUO, and absolutely no links related to the server software, named RUNUO.

3) PlayUO gets higher framerates then the standard client, and for some, has significant bugs in their opinions.

4) How you drew a conclusion such as your post is beyond me.

Have a nice day! :D

P.S. I thought this was locked to prevent questions. LOL

sorry rayn ill shut my mouth now

K

keeb

Rayn said:

Seriously, sticky this.
where do you extract the direct x 900c

I did all that and it still doestn works for me
the client launches fine but doesnt connects to the server, it wont go past verifying account...

foxracin42

Wanderer
i tried that and i get a message that says application has generated an exception that could not be handled
Process id=0xfb4 (4020), Thread id=0xa68 (2664)
any help?

Courageous

Wanderer
I did have a running Krrios, but after I installed my new box, I cannot get it to run again. It generates the well known exception. I have a MSI 7800 GT.

C//

Courageous

Wanderer
Did you follow the installation instructions exactly? If so, post your config. Namely which OS, which Video Card. I'm having the same problem, and can't figgure it out.

vex01

Wanderer
Now it worked for me after i reinstaled mdxredist. Try this.
Btw Im with WinXP corp SP1 and Geforce FX5200

Courageous

Wanderer
For me, the problem was that I had manually turned down hardware acceleration on a debug panel, and Direct3D was biffing out the client. If I played 3d games, I prolly would have found out about it in other ways.

C//

ayumbre

Sorceror
i followed the instructions but couldnt run the program... said

aplication has generated an exception that could not be handled.

process id=xca0 (3232), Thread id= (3236)

AveK

Wanderer
Does It..

ive been using kroiss on and off for about a week now and can i just ask if it helps with casting faster or not? and if it does how? thanks.. any help will be greatly appreciated.
and for those people who have the well known

aplication has generated an exception that could not be handled problem .. i had it but then i went into my uo file and repatched it and it worked :)

Status
Not open for further replies.