RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

invisible mounts problem

mikimaru

Traveler
hi, i am about to put my shard online, but i have a lil issue... all my custom mounts when rided, go invisible, the scripts are correct and seem to work in other computers, but in mine ether ethereal and animal rideables stay visible dismounted, but then "puff" there they go...
i am new in this stuff, and i could use some help...

Foster

Account Terminated
the reason is quite simple and easy to fix it seems you have added in custom ridables, i released about 15 to 19 new mounts for the SA-project but they work in a few other versions too like svn+Ml 526 you will need to be patched to atleast 7.0.8.1 and need to add in my tiledata that comes with the download.
It seems as if you may not be fammiliar with the tiledata.mul file in your Uo directory, if this is the case then you would most deffinetley not have a modified file. Therefor downloading my release would not cause any clashes.

If you choose to use the version i released which will give you alot of mounts to play with instantly, then go HERE, it is a simple download and just throw the mounts in you customs scripts then add the tiledata to your Ultima Online folder making sure to back-up the original or move the original to desktop then replace the new one in the Uo directory.

Restart server and run razor not CUO test the mounts out should be all good and visible. Then make your patches and upload them so your players can see them. :)

Or....

You could just modify your tiledata to suit the mounts you have but i dare say if you just got the mounts of these forums and tried to make them work, it is exactly what i did and got them visible so it would probably end up being the same mounts.

*NOTE i did make a couple of custom ones in this package and am due to release more soon. (plug&play)

mikimaru

Traveler
but how can i go to the 7.0.8.1? the one i have now is 6.0.1.1 and when i try to patch further, it says i cant and have to lunch the game...

mikimaru

Traveler
I´m kinda new in here and in this new stuff... i used to run one some years ago, but every thing changed from then...

Foster

Account Terminated
um more than likely your UAC settings are prventing the patch to proceed as you would most likely not be running the patch in administrator mode.
Go back to your patch and right click the patch and run as administrator this will allow the patch to go higher.

I hope this helps you out , im sorry i have been away a couple of days over easter i would have replied earlier. :>)

mikimaru

Traveler
ok, i did as u said, and it gives the same error, and i think i did worse, i googled it and it said i had to reinstal the game, now i cant get from 5.0.0a, it said;

Starting patch session...
Transferring patch information
Downloading patch uoml_win32_5-0-0a.rtp( 8433980 bytes )
Downloading patch uoml_win32_5-0-0a.pat( 10 bytes )
Applying patch patch\uoml_win32_5-0-0a.rtp
Error applying patch
Error during session
Your client may not be the most recent version.
You may be able to play the game with your current client.
Check http://www.uo.com/ for help on resolving patching issues.
Click OK to play the game or Cancel to abort.

and i cant do anything, not even press "OK"

:(

consider that if you have already custom patches in your UO client (i.e. different tiledata.mul etc), patching will much likely result in a fail.

Since you are starting from a really old client, my suggestion is to uninstall everything and redownload/reinstall the UO client from here:
http://web.cdn.eamythic.com/us/uo/installers/20101118/UOClassicSetup_7_0_10_3.exe

you will do faster and cleaner than patching everything. That's a 7.0.10.3 client but I'm sure it will work good for you.

mikimaru

Traveler
hum, i think that one will work just fine, i have googled it, and it seems it is the better one to W7... i hope it will work... ty
:)

mikimaru

Traveler
ok the problem with that patch is:
-cracked floor and movement problems
-char is naked and cant open its backpack

mikimaru

Traveler
i was running the shard with mondains legacy... i´ve read something about client conflicts, cose the maps were different...

mikimaru

Traveler
hum, i have now the SA at 7.0.8.1, the cracks on the floor r gone, but i have housing issues, and i cant still see the mounts...

mikimaru

Traveler
well, i wont put the mounts in the game, but if i can get some help with this housing issue, it would be cool, cose i cant enter the custom ones(lack of stairs), and in the classic ones i fall... and before i enter, it says i can´t enter...

it's not that if you make 8 posts all in the same thread you can hope to have answers. The EDIT button is there for a reason