RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a LEGIT UO: Renaissance shard out there?

Lacey Vex

Traveler
I am sorry to dig up an old thread, but I was wondering if anything has changed in the last year and a half, and if anyone has seen or created a "true" Renaissance shard during that time. That was my favorite time of UO as well. I, too, was creating my own UO:R shard with a custom programmed emulator. I have countless references saved from that time to help it be as accurate as possible. But it is too time-consuming for me to complete.

Most shards I've seen that claim to be Renaissance are usually just T2A with a few Renaissance features added, and they never have Trammel. Trammel was always a part of UO:R. If people are remembering UO:R without Trammel, it could be because the Renaissance publish didn't go live for nearly a month after you could buy the UO:R CD. They even gave all people who bought the CD during that time a free month of gametime (two free months total) because of the delays in getting the full publish up - and because other promised features, like housing in Trammel, took several more months to complete.

Phillip Dodd

Wanderer
Is there a LEGIT UO: Renaissance shard out there?

Is there a UO: Renaissance shard out there? I mean like OSI clone of the renaissance era?

That would include trammel and fel only.

No "developer's funland of customs and all types of spaztistic colors...." Just, simple, pure renaissance era.

This is what im looking for...

Link:

Ultima Online: Renaissance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hey check out the link in my signature :)

CyroBurn

Traveler
As far As I can remember it was UO "Second Age" and they added nothing to the system other then some green and red rocks that looked like eggs, you would click the rocks and they would open a gate to either the Trammel or Fel facets,,, I don't think they even had trammel on the public gate until about 3 months after with an updated patch,, only way you could change facets was with those dang hard to find rocks,,, also reds were able to travel to trammel but it made them turn blue ,,,<--- that was a bug they fixed very quickly, and made it were reds could not even travel there...
I may not be completely accurate ,, but I was playing hard core everyday about 12 hours a day back then,, so my memory is pretty good about it , well the cells I didn't burn out can remember ,,the ones that did burn are just gone ,lol

CyroBurn

Traveler
Oh did I forget to mention I still have all the CD's , from Second age right on up to Samerai Empire? lol
Also have that F@#ked up UO3D Beta CD that they sent to people that signed up for it,,, lol

BrecMadak

Wanderer
Hello guys, had to necro this thread, since my questions/concerns draw a very similiar line in vein of op. After about 10 year of break, been thinking to start playing again in a runuo Renaissance shard with some friends featuring following conditions ;

- security comes first (no damn edits !)
- any third party strictly forbidden
- more than one acc is banned
- skill gain and such rewards would be mean.
- stable and bug free world with regular updates
- no nonsense custom

these are way too important for me, so if there exist any shard as much as close to these criterias other than "uorenaissance" (which is the closest it ever could get according to my searches) feel free to recommend me please, thanks.

Yes, roughly it was great untill that necromancy/chiv shit arrives.