RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Its risk use Razor in OSI?

Dizzy

Wanderer
Its risk use Razor in OSI?

I start to play in OSI now. I played for a long time in RunUO servers and always use Razor that is a excelent tool.

But in OSI, people told me that is too risk use Razor in OSI.
Is that correct?
Using Razor, I have a good chance to be banned, or is extremelly hard to anyone be cought?

Phantom

Knight
Dizzy said:
I start to play in OSI now. I played for a long time in RunUO servers and always use Razor that is a excelent tool.

But in OSI, people told me that is too risk use Razor in OSI.
Is that correct?
Using Razor, I have a good chance to be banned, or is extremelly hard to anyone be cought?

Depends what you do.

There is always a risk to your account by using a tool not aproved by EA/OSI

Dizzy

Wanderer
BUt a lot of people is cought?
Is rare or is too normal to be cought?

Because, if the chances are remote I will use Razor to play.

Dizzy

Wanderer
Sorry man, but you dont awnser my question.

A lot of people is cought? Or is rare?

That is a risk, I already know.

Phantom

Knight
Dizzy said:
Sorry man, but you dont awnser my question.

A lot of people is cought? Or is rare?

That is a risk, I already know.

It depends on what features you use.

There is risk in using Razor, thats all I am willing to do, because if you get banned you would blame it on me.

Dizzy

Wanderer
ok!

Let's try this. In 10 players that use Razor in OSI, how many is cought?

I want to know if be cought using Razor is a normal situation or if its too hard to be cought.

I want to know the probabily to be cought.

Dou you understand me now?

Thistle

Wanderer
Only OSI staff know how many people they've caught using Razor and somehow I don't think they'd be publicizing that info.

Dizzy

Wanderer
BUt if you know a lot of people that had been banned for that reason, its too dangerous use Razor.

If you ever seen a guy being banned because he was using Razor in OSI, I gonna use normally.

Lostmans

Wanderer
If your too scared to try it then dont use it, thats basicly what everyones telling you. Stats are not gona decide if you do or do not get banned.

Ryan_2005

Wanderer
I tried to use razor on uo and i couldnt and yes sir you will be banned from osi if you cought using any 3d party's besides uoassist...
Uo assisit ist bannable they sell that program oh and no its not rare poeple getting cought they get cought on osi 24/7 i got banned for using EasyUO ;/

Phantom

Knight
Dizzy said:
ok!

Let's try this. In 10 players that use Razor in OSI, how many is cought?

I want to know if be cought using Razor is a normal situation or if its too hard to be cought.

I want to know the probabily to be cought.

Dou you understand me now?

I have always UNDERSTOOD what you want me to tell you.

I AM NOT GOING TO, because I WILL NOT BE BLAMED FOR YOUR ACTIONS.

If you want to use RAZOR then DO SO, THERE IS A CHANCE you can be caught. Thats all I willing to say in that regard, STOP TRYING TO GET ME TO TELL YOU OTHERWISE.

Ryan_2005

Wanderer
What hes trying to say is if your gonna use it use it and dont be a pussy about it and if u get cought oh well ull be banned ur risk [and razor is setup for runuo servers]

Phantom

Knight
It all depends on what you do and how you do it.

But the policy is any and all third party programs can get you banned.

Stop trying to get us to tell you something we don't know.

sordican

Sorceror
In short:

UO-Assist - Legal to use on OSI, no risk of getting banned

Razor - Made for freeshards, illegal on OSI, you may get banned, use it at your own risk. If you value your account there, I would leave Razor alone.

Dizzy

Wanderer
Ok Folks.
Sorry Phantom if I been rude to you.

As you can see, my english sucks and I am not american.

Here in Brazil, dollar is to expensive and paying $20 for that shit program(UOA) is too much. Dont worth...

Otherwise, I use Razor in FreeShard and is a excelent tool to use!

Btw, there is a good way to use UOA without pay??

Thanks for the help! I really apreciate that!

CEO

Sorceror
Dizzy said:
Please don't ask us here how to steal someone's program. Regardless of what we think of UOA, it's illegal and not condoned. UOA used to be a non-approved program, thousands used it anyway and never were caught (NOTE the spelling of caught please!). Thousands use Razor everyday. Thousands use EasyUO everyday. Both are not approved and if you use them you are risking your account. You have to determine whether the risk of your account vs. the gains of ease of play is worth it, and that's a choice only you can make.

BTW, caught isn't exactly right here. You're asking whether or not EA knows if you're using something not approved and whether they'll do something about it. My guess is by now EA can detect any third-party app if they want to. The fact is they realize their interface is not that great (compared to other MMORPGs they compete with) and their skill gain system requires thousands and thousands of mindless clicking. The use of these "helper" third party apps is so wide-spread, that they do not do anything about it unless (1) you are doing something very stupid especially around other players causing you to be paged on or (2) the GM just lost his girlfriend(again) and is set on taking it out on the imaginary world that caused it. :) Apps like Razor and EasyUO are necessary evils, it's a "don't ask, don't tell policy" if you no what I mean. Keep jumping on someone's loot or annoy other players you get paged on and then your risk factor as gone up dramatically. Macro stupidly 24/7 farming resources you'll get caught. In other words, use it responsibly and you are 99% ok, but there is still RISK and no one is going to tell you it's safe to use, it's a personal choice.

However, the fact of the matter is UO is a dated game and they are losing players every day to other better designed MMORPGs and putting a stop to third party apps in mass would be a huge hit to their revenue stream and regardless of what some Stratics weenies think, it'll never happen. The day it does, they'll be risking the cancel of 20k-30k users and they know it. That's about 1/5th to 1/3rd of their user base according to statistics last published in their public report and any manager making that choice might as well pack their bags and start looking for another job when he gets called into his bosses office.

Frostleaf

Wanderer
UOA No Pay

It is impossable to use UO Assist without paying for it. It directly links your account to the program, and generates you a seed. These seeds are account specific only, and you cannot use UO Assist, without the varification of your account.

UOA CAN however be used on freeshards aswell as OSI, with a cracked seed. However, Razor is better for this purpose. So.. You play OSI. UOA, or run the risk. You play Freeshard, Razor.

Phantom

Knight
Dizzy said:
Ok Folks.
Sorry Phantom if I been rude to you.

As you can see, my english sucks and I am not american.

Here in Brazil, dollar is to expensive and paying $20 for that shit program(UOA) is too much. Dont worth...

Otherwise, I use Razor in FreeShard and is a excelent tool to use!

Thanks for the help! I really apreciate that!

You were never rude to me, you were just not reading what I said, and now you want to become a criminal and steal money from the creator of UOA.

Let me guess, your one of those people that don't think using an illegal version of Windows XP is wrong?