RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Its risk use Razor in OSI?

Dizzy

Wanderer
My Windows is original... hehehe thats worth pay!

UOA doesnt deserves my $20! Its too many money for a trash app.

Ty

Phantom

Knight
Dizzy said:

Ty

If you dislike UOA then don't use it.

Were not going to help you break the law and provide you in an illegal download to an illegal version of UOA.

Just drop it.

Zippy

Razor Creator
In general, Razor is fairly safe to use on OSI.

There is deffinently a chance you'll get caught. My recommendation to you is:
Always use the latest Razor version, Never use any razor features that behave oddly (such as macro walking commands). NEVER page a GM with Razor running. Redownload and reinstall razor now.

If you do these things, you may never get caught. A whole lot of people use razor on OSI without getting caught. But, of course, so people do get caught and banned. So its a risk, of course.

Dizzy

Wanderer
Thanks Zippy, you seayd everything that I wanted to know.

And you are doing a great job in Razor! Congratulations.

:)

Courageous

Wanderer
" NEVER page a GM with Razor running. Redownload and reinstall razor now."

Does OSI have a way of listing local processes? If so, I'd be tempted to rename the Razor process to UOAssist.exe. Haha.

C//

Tannis

Knight
I've got a few friends that were banned on OSI for using Razor. I'm positive they weren't doing anything with it that UOA couldn't do, but they both got banned on the same day. Maybe someone decided to check out what processes the champ spawn crew was running at the time *shrugs*

Phantom

Knight
Dizzy said:
Thanks Zippy, you seayd everything that I wanted to know.

And you are doing a great job in Razor! Congratulations.

:)

He said almost exactly what I said.

There is a chance you will get caught depending on what you do.

<sigh>

Zippy

Razor Creator
No OSI cannot enumerate what processes are running locally on your computer. That's probably illegal.

They have several detection methods that I know of that are addressed in Razor 0.1.28, of course I'd prefer not to come out and say what they are, because I'd rather OSI not create new ones.

So don't worry OSI, surely I didn't find everything!

Raynew43

Sorceror
Dizzy said:

Ty

As far as I'm concerned, UOA is worth the $15 I payed for it and it payed for itself over the 6 1/2 years I used it. Of course I don't play on EA/OSI shards anymore. I cancelled my accounts a year ago after more than 7 years of playing.
I believe you can get a trial key for UOA which is good for 15-30 days, I forget which. It may not have a loop function like it did at one time but there is a loop app which will work with it. If you haven't tried it, don't trash it.

tutorialbs

Sorceror
Shit people just answer his fucking question without giving the poor guy any bs.

Dizzy, to answer your question, it is very rare to get banned for using razor. Just don't get found macroing unattended and don't have razor spamming tons of text, I think GMs can read your journal.

AdminVile

Sorceror
But from the looks of things Phantom did answer his question and so did Zippy.

FYI OSI can read yer journal. They live in the delusional world of "WE ARE BIG BROTHER YOU CANT SCRATCH AN ICH UNLESS WE KNOW ABOUT IT"

chocobutter

Traveler
for any future viewers of this page.... CEO is 100% currect here like normal lol... what he basically means is there is always a risk and dont leave your pc for more than a minute and dont mindlessly farm for stuff this will get you banned. i have used razor on OSI for the past 5 years and not once have i been banned for using it... i ... however have been put in buc's den no cast room for mindlessly macroing necro or magery. they dont use the *ban* button on stupid stuff like you going around auto open door or auto open corpse or chug pot or targeting ect... just be wise with what you do. its never going to be 100% safe but if your responsable with it you SHOULD be ok notice SHOULD. just keep an eye on ALL macroing you ever do. its never EVER safe to leave your pc while macroing. when you do any of these you increase your chances of being banned. BTW now a days unless your SCRIPTING resources or farming gold AFK they dont really ever perma ban you. HOWEVER you will get a 24-72 hour time out :p i love these i have had many and it really just gives me a chance to stop eating Twinkies and drinking mnt dew and go spend some time in the sun :D