RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jewel Crafting System 3

Zarraz

Wanderer
LordHogFred
I installed your jewel system and thats the error it gave me. What else do you need I don't quite understand what you mean.

i think he is asking if it was installed on a clean install of RunUo 1.0.0 or was it installed on a server you have othere scripts running on and if so what all are the othere scripts that you have running

and was the error from a compil error or a crash if from a crash he might need the intire crash log
well wich every way you got the error he need all the info you have on it

but then agean i could be wrong

Warloxx

Sorceror
Fast question, I took Datt99's OWL system and ripped it to pieces. I only use 5 of the 11 Woods from the system, I use no Ore or Leather. I took your system and drag and dropped it over my scripts Directory and fired it up, it fired up clean, no errors I can mine the jewelrock from the base of the mountains in Malas (were the rock and grass meet) I can chisel the rock and get diffrent gems from it, and I can make all the rings and so on, I can even craft the jewelry using the spellcrafting system. but here is my question, if I fail 1 or 20 times on a piece of jewelry it never blows up/gets destoryed is this a bug or no?

P.S Im still testing the whole system but so far it works great, thank for your time and efferts on a truly outstanding system :)

Ravenal

Knight
Warloxx said:
Fast question, I took Datt99's OWL system and ripped it to pieces. I only use 5 of the 11 Woods from the system, I use no Ore or Leather. I took your system and drag and dropped it over my scripts Directory and fired it up, it fired up clean, no errors I can mine the jewelrock from the base of the mountains in Malas (were the rock and grass meet) I can chisel the rock and get diffrent gems from it, and I can make all the rings and so on, I can even craft the jewelry using the spellcrafting system. but here is my question, if I fail 1 or 20 times on a piece of jewelry it never blows up/gets destoryed is this a bug or no?

P.S Im still testing the whole system but so far it works great, thank for your time and efferts on a truly outstanding system :)

Can you explaijn alitlte more on this question please???

And thanks for the complement

Ravenal

Knight
LordHogFred said:
I installed your jewel system and thats the error it gave me. What else do you need I don't quite understand what you mean.

okay I have a simaular issue...

Although I am not sure, it could attcually be a runuO bug cuz it cannot seem to figure out what is the problem...

Code:
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.Items.BaseRunicTool.ApplyAttribute(AosAttributes attrs, Int32 min, Int32 max, AosAttribute attr, Int32 low, Int32 high, Int32 scale) in c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Eden of Paragonix\Scripts\Items\Skill Items\Tools\BaseRunicTool.cs:line 105
   at Server.Items.BaseRunicTool.ApplyAttribute(AosAttributes attrs, Int32 min, Int32 max, AosAttribute attr, Int32 low, Int32 high) in c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Eden of Paragonix\Scripts\Items\Skill Items\Tools\BaseRunicTool.cs:line 97
   at Server.Items.BaseRunicTool.ApplyAttributesTo(BaseJewel jewelry, Boolean isRunicTool, Int32 luckChance, Int32 attributeCount, Int32 min, Int32 max) in c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My 
Documents\Eden of Paragonix\Scripts\Items\Skill Items\Tools\BaseRunicTool.cs:line 482
   at Server.LootPackEntry.Mutate(Mobile from, Int32 luckChance, Item item) in c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Eden of Paragonix\Scripts\Misc\LootPack.cs:line 494
   at Server.LootPackEntry.Construct(Mobile from, Int32 luckChance, Boolean spawning) in c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Eden of Paragonix\Scripts\Misc\LootPack.cs:line 432
   at Server.LootPack.Generate(Mobile from, Container cont, Boolean spawning, Int32 luckChance) in c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Eden of Paragonix\Scripts\Misc\LootPack.cs:line 129
   at Server.Mobiles.BaseCreature.AddLoot(LootPack pack) in c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Eden of Paragonix\Scripts\Engines\AI\Creature\BaseCreature.cs:line 3288
   at Server.Mobiles.BaseCreature.AddLoot(LootPack pack, Int32 amount) in c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Eden of Paragonix\Scripts\Engines\AI\Creature\BaseCreature.cs:line 3269
   at Server.Mobiles.Dragon.GenerateLoot() in c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Eden of Paragonix\Scripts\Mobiles\Monster\TestMonster.cs:line 60
   at Server.Mobiles.BaseCreature.GenerateLoot(Boolean spawning) in c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Eden of Paragonix\Scripts\Engines\AI\Creature\BaseCreature.cs:line 3256
   at Server.Mobiles.BaseCreature.OnBeforeDeath() in c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Eden of Paragonix\Scripts\Engines\AI\Creature\BaseCreature.cs:line 3708
   at Server.Mobile.Kill()
   at Server.Mobile.Damage(Int32 amount, Mobile from)
   at Server.Mobiles.BaseCreature.Damage(Int32 amount, Mobile from) in c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Eden of Paragonix\Scripts\Engines\AI\Creature\BaseCreature.cs:line 682
   at Server.AOS.Damage(Mobile m, Mobile from, Int32 damage, Int32 phys, Int32 fire, Int32 cold, Int32 pois, Int32 nrgy, Boolean keepAlive) in c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Eden of Paragonix\Scripts\Misc\AOS.cs:line 114
   at Server.AOS.Damage(Mobile m, Mobile from, Int32 damage, Int32 phys, Int32 fire, Int32 cold, Int32 pois, Int32 nrgy) in c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Eden of Paragonix\Scripts\Misc\AOS.cs:line 56
   at Server.Items.BaseWeapon.OnHit(Mobile attacker, Mobile defender) in c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Eden of Paragonix\Scripts\Items\Weapons\BaseWeapon.cs:line 1159
   at Server.Items.BaseSword.OnHit(Mobile attacker, Mobile defender) in c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Eden of Paragonix\Scripts\Items\Weapons\Swords\BaseSword.cs:line 45
   at Server.Items.BaseWeapon.OnSwing(Mobile attacker, Mobile defender) in c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Eden of Paragonix\Scripts\Items\Weapons\BaseWeapon.cs:line 797
   at Server.CombatTimer.OnTick()
   at Server.Timer.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Warloxx

Sorceror
Sure I'll try, say I craft a Citrine Ring, then I try and imbue it with say fast cast, Imbuieng meaning that I used he spellcrafting system on it and I fail. and there is the explosion sound and graphics and I take sme damage, how much damage can the ring take before it is destoryed? or can it even be destoryed?

Warloxx

Sorceror
I see in this release you modified a distro file called craftiitme.cs. I already have a modified file craftitem.cs, My question is this do I NEED to use yours?

Greystar

Wanderer
Warloxx said:
I see in this release you modified a distro file called craftiitme.cs. I already have a modified file craftitem.cs, My question is this do I NEED to use yours?

Use winmerge and find the changes (its what I did, there seem to be only a couple and its nothing really major)

Wilcard

Wanderer
well i really liked the idea of the system but here is the crash log and this was with the most updated files

Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.2032
Time: 6/13/2005 8:38:45 PM
Mobiles: 31361
Items: 165358

Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Server.Items.BaseRunicTool.ApplyAttributesTo(BaseJewel jewelry, Boolean isRunicTool, Int32 luckChance, Int32 attributeCount, Int32 min, Int32 max)
at Server.Items.TreasureMapChest.Fill(LockableContainer cont, Int32 level)
at Server.Multis.OrcCamp.AddComponents()
at Server.Multis.BaseCamp.CheckAddComponents()
at Server.DelayCallTimer.OnTick()
at Server.Timer.Slice()

Greystar

Wanderer
Wilcard said:
well i really liked the idea of the system but here is the crash log and this was with the most updated files

Server Crash Report
===================

Time: 6/13/2005 8:38:45 PM
Mobiles: 31361
Items: 165358

Exception:
at Server.Items.BaseRunicTool.ApplyAttributesTo(BaseJewel jewelry, Boolean isRunicTool, Int32 luckChance, Int32 attributeCount, Int32 min, Int32 max)
at Server.Multis.OrcCamp.AddComponents()
at Server.Timer.Slice()

I installed this system and im using Daat99s system and its been working flawlessly at this point... although I havnt had anyone try to make a piece of jewelry with a runic toolkit yet which looks like what caused your error.

Wilcard

Wanderer
funny thing is i was the only one on the shard at the time and when the shard crashed no one was using anything to do with this system *shrugs* who knows. I tried restarting the shard several times and just sat there and waited after about 10 to 15 minutes id get that crash message even though i wasnt doing anything. took that system out shard has been up for about 4 hours now with no problems.

Greystar

Wanderer
Wilcard said:
funny thing is i was the only one on the shard at the time and when the shard crashed no one was using anything to do with this system *shrugs* who knows. I tried restarting the shard several times and just sat there and waited after about 10 to 15 minutes id get that crash message even though i wasnt doing anything. took that system out shard has been up for about 4 hours now with no problems.

I still dont think its related... I've had it installed for a couple of days now my shard is up for 24/7 except at 9pm every night when it does a reboot. No inexplicable crashes to see. don't know what to tell you on this one. If you could provide a debug mode crashlog so we can see what lines of the said files where affected (I know you said you removed the system) It would probably help to point in the right direction.

Ravenal

Knight
Can I ask you did you refix your "BaseJewel.cs"
as in overriding it cuz that could save your issue on those crashes... if not then heh I am just really confused right now about it and i am going to look at it more o0...

Ravenal

Knight
After I refixed by putting those checks I no longer ever had crashes again even from adding other things that were casuing the crashes after I fix those checks ;)...

So if you do not have

- Jewel Craft System: Version [3.0b], is enabled on this Server.

when you load your shard if you don't got 3.0b means you have the wrong System =)

Soul Taker

Wanderer
i have the message this server using the jewelcraft thing and the error from about 3 up any reasons or clues ? wanted to crash during every save i noticed

Ravenal

Knight
at Server.Items.BaseRunicTool.ApplyAttributesTo(BaseJ ewel jewelry, Boolean isRunicTool, Int32 luckChance, Int32 attributeCount, Int32 min, Int32 max)
at Server.Items.TreasureMapChest.Fill(LockableContain er cont, Int32 level)I haven't test it with the TreasureMap Chest so I will take a look at it :)

Ravenal

Knight
OKay this bug is SO FREAKING ANNOYING...

I don't even know where to began to look on this freaking bug o0..

Greystar

Wanderer
I don't know if this is a fix or not since I havnt tried to create any runic jewelry yet but, I did this so that any existing jewelry would not be affected by adding your system. basically added another override for it.

Code:
		public BaseJewel( int itemID, Layer layer ) : base( itemID )
		{
			m_AosAttributes = new AosAttributes( this );
			m_AosResistances = new AosElementAttributes( this );
			m_AosSkillBonuses = new AosSkillBonuses( this );
			m_Resource = CraftResource.Iron;
			m_GemType = GemType.None;

Layer = layer;
		}

public BaseJewel( int itemID, BarType type, Layer layer ) : base( itemID )
		{
			m_BarType = type;
			m_AosAttributes = new AosAttributes( this );
			m_AosResistances = new AosElementAttributes( this );
			m_AosSkillBonuses = new AosSkillBonuses( this );
			m_Resource = CraftResource.None;
			m_GemType = GemType.None;

m_Enchanted = false;
			m_Imbued = false;
			m_Crafter = null;
			JCore.SetHue(this);
			SetName( this.Name );
			Layer = layer;					
		}

I've done that with my Custom guards and it seemed to work. So I figured if I did it here it may prevent problems for me in the future. Althoug Icould be completly wrong, but then again As I said I havnt made and jewelry yet, since im redecorating Luna since I moved some stuff around in it.

SilverLoire

Wanderer
Help!!!

help!!!

Server Crash Report
===================

Time: 6/17/2005 2:44:42 PM
Mobiles: 7430
Items: 91765
Clients:
- Count: 0

Exception:
at Server.Items.BaseRunicTool.ApplyAttribute(AosAttributes attrs, Int32 min, Int32 max, AosAttribute attr, Int32 low, Int32 high, Int32 scale)
at Server.Multis.RatCamp.AddComponents()
at Server.Timer.Slice()