RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just installed Router now what ?

LordHogFred

Knight
I'm assuming that no one is answering this post any more becuase nobody actually knows how to resolve this, there are several posts like this on these forums and none of them have answers.

psz

Administrator
LordHogFred said:
I'm assuming that no one is answering this post any more becuase nobody actually knows how to resolve this, there are several posts like this on these forums and none of them have answers.

No, no one answered because the forum was down for a day or so. :rolleyes:

There would be no need to open a second port. You CAN, however, set up a second IP for local use.

There are a few posts that explain this.

CyberDemon

Wanderer
I have exactly the same problem - I can log players in from the internet but locally LAN users get kicked after verification is successful with a message "cant attach to server..etc."

(I have another thread in the Servers forum).

If I use the external IP to try to log on from a LAN machine I don't even find the server - I assume it's because the port forwarding is sending all the incoming data to the server nmachine and not mine when the reply comes back.

I have searched the forums and I find at least 4-5 other threads with the same problem - always the answer is "there have been anumber of posts explaining how to do this" but either the links to them don't work or I have to spend hours trwling through all the posts again.

Can someone please categorically say how to add a second address and port to route loacl traffic to the server, and explain how we can log on fro both LAN and Externally. Until I see this I am actually not convinced anyone has managed to do it.

I even contacted the admin of an existing RunUO running shard and they said they gave up on this as well!!

If this is a common problem - as it seems - to avoid all this revisiting the same topics - why isn't there a real help/FAQ section with this kind of solutuion posted as a permanent feature - eg. example Serverlist.cs scripts to get various combos. of router/ LAN/ external log ins running etc.? It would save a lot of time and effort on everyone's part.

S

Supremeone

umm i just remember a giant sticky always saying DONT USE RICE... i wonder what the problem is.

psz

Administrator
Supremeone said:
umm i just remember a giant sticky always saying DONT USE RICE... i wonder what the problem is.

Well, for starters it requires modifying of OSI client files (The EXE and the login.cfg). This makes it difficult for users to patch to newer versions, and causes problems for some when they want to connect to multiple shards. UOGateway has NONE of these problems.

That's the simple version.

psz

Administrator
mungrin said:
how do i find my dns?

Well, unless you bought one to be <blahblah>.com, or personally went to dyndns.org or noip.org and signed up for one, you probably don't have one.

mungrin

Sorceror
in that script it says put your DNS here do i put my exteral ip or my internal ip from my router and what ip do i give my friend to connect my ext or int?

mungrin

Sorceror
ok i did the link they gave me this mungrin.no-ip.info what do i do with that what do i give my friend to login in UO gateway?

mungrin said:
ok i did the link they gave me this mungrin.no-ip.info what do i do with that what do i give my friend to login in UO gateway?

In the ServerList.cs file find the code that reads

public const string Address = null;

Change null to the DNS that no-ip.com gave you. You will give whoever is trying to connect to you that DNS. They use that to log into your server.

The only other information they (the people that will log into your server) will need is the port you are using. The default port is 2593, but you can change that in the Severlist.cs file as well. That code is a little bit below the code above and it reads

Listener.Port = 2593;

You don't have to do anything with the port number to get it to work, just remember your using port number 2593 if you do not change it to some other port.

Hope this helps.

Abaddon Knight

If your friend does not know how to use uogateway to log into your server here is what they need to do. Because I am not sure how much your friend knows about UOGateway I am going to list everything. You can skip what you already know.

1) Go to UOGateway and download the latest version of UOGateway.

2) Install UOGateway

3) Run UOGateway

4) In the top right corner of UOGateway click on "Create local serverlisting"

5) Type in a Server Name and Description. (Does not matter what this says, just something they will remember who's sever it logs them into to)

6) Under Server Settings it says "Directory: Server dns/ip and Port:" The first box they put in the DNS you gave them and the second box they put in the port. (Remember the default is 2593)

7) Make sure Encryption is selected as "Remove Encryption" (This should be the default)

8) Select any third party programs in the box that they may use such as Razor. (If they do not use a third party program or they do not know what you mean by a third party program have them leave that one as "None")

9) Click the "Save Settings" button.

Your server will show up in their "my servers" on UOGateway. They click your server and they will get a log in screen to log into your server!

Abaddon Knight

mungrin

Sorceror
even though im using a router?ok im gonna try it but the dns thing i got from no ip is this mungrin.no-ip.info does that sound right? shouldnt it be somthing .com