RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Karmageddon's Custom O/W/L

Karmageddon

Sorceror
Karmageddon's Custom O/W/L (1) & (2)

Included in this pack is:
8 custom ores, 2 custom leathers, 5 custom woods.
Blacksmith Box, Tailoring Box, Wood Box, and Masonry Box. Each box will hold the resource and tools for each one.

The original author of the ores and woods that I used is Crazyseamonkey and all credit goes to him for originally creating it. I have taken them and updated them to run with Version 1 and plus added a lot of other interesting things to it.

Disclaimer:
Please do not modify this system for redistribution without my consent.

Installation:
Unzip everything into your Customs folder. All the scripts in the Modified folder will need to have the Distro file removed from your scripts folder. Suggested way is to make a folder in your main RunUO folder for them. You will also need to remove distro Log.cs and Board.cs. If you are installing this on aserver that has been running, you will get an error on restart to delete furniture. This is normal since I have changed all furniture to derive from the Basefurniture class.

Notes:
All furniture will retain wood color incuding containers.
I have also included the script for the runic fletchers tools(author unknown) just in case someone doesn't have it.
Also included is an individual script for each runic as an item, works in conjunction with each individual resource/tool box.
Wood Box will only except boards.(cleaner code that way and did not want to have players be able to put Logs in and get boards out)
Also each box is craftable in the carpentry menu with tinkering as secondary skill.

3/17/06
Update:
Fixed a bug with the BOD system giving negative uses on some of the custom runic hammers. Also fixed the furniture to the way I wanted it to be.(May delete some of your current furniture on the server). Also added a box for dragon scales.

3/25/06
Update:
Fixed compilation error in BaseCreature.cs for those not using token system.

5/27/06
Update:
Fixed elementals not spawning when mining custom ores with gargoyles pickaxe. (217)

6/08/06
Update:
Ok for those that wanted this I have added Repair Contract deeds to the package. I used a package that was originally wrote by PhoenixMog and can be found here: http://www.runuo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28551&highlight=repair+deed

I also made some modifications to it so that it would show all the way up to Legendary skill level. At this point there is only smith and tailor deeds(just because OSI has them only). If there is a big demand for others I will add them later on.(52)

6/17/06
Update:
I have updated the package to work with RunUO 2.0 RC1. You will need to download KarmaOres(2). I have decided to leave the package for version 1 up for a little while longer until everyone is switched over and running version 2.0 RC1. If you have any problems with the update let me know here please and I will attempt to fix them as soon as I can.
I have seen others starting fresh threads for the the new versions of thier packages. I have decided not to since this thread contains some very valuable information about the use of this package. Also version 1 is still the official release of RunUO.

6/19/06
Update:
Fixed crash bug with Stealthing. For those that already have the update for Version 2.0 RC1 you can get just the Stealth.cs in my post. (52)

6/23/06
Update:
Fixed small weapon BODs not taking weapons with or without resource requirment. Thank you Penndragon for your help. (30)

Bugs:
None known at this time. Please report any bugs in this thread. I will attempt to fix them asap.

Attachments

• KarmaOres.zip
    171.2 KB · Views: 443
  • KarmaOres(2).zip
    174.9 KB · Views: 361

Karmageddon

Sorceror
etherkye said:
lovely, but daats is better.

How do you know unless you try it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do not Prejudge unless you use it!!

I posted this as an alternative to Daat99's system. If you do not want to use then DON'T!!

But do not Criticize unless you have used it!!

JesseTCG

Sorceror
Whos is better???

Karmageddon. I'm sure that you have taken a lot of time in your new system, and I feel bad for the people that down you. Sometimes kids will be kids. I congradualte you on a job well done, as I have had the personal experiece of useing your system on the server where you worked. It's just a shame that you get flamed by some little kid, when it would seem that I've seen nothing he has released....If you are new to runuo, and are looking for something A little more simpler, then this is a nice engine for you to download.

Thank You.
Jesse

Erm... well it's depending on what kind of shard you wonna host... daat's system is difficult to install, but there are FAQs and stuff and this one is a bit easier to install and spawns runics on elementals, not sure about daat's... maybe someone can work out the differences?
But when you post your opinion please keep in mind, that Karmageddon posted his script to share it with the community and does not deserve to get his work being discriminated. I know of some ppl who give bad Karma for saying that one script is better, than another when that statement is false. And saying this script would be worse, than daat's(or the other way round) is a false statement imo.

Alis

Wanderer
another custom rarity object thats great it is very sad that people are argueing who is better or who is not everyone is the best because you cannot judge two things that are not the same thing these are two diffrent scripts and also you MUST RESPECT PEOPLES WORK!.Otherwise i wont respect you! and your work thanks for sharing this kind of .cs i will add to the archive of the scripting of mine :)

Karmageddon

Sorceror
Thank You everyone for the honest posts about this system. I have never said that this was better then Daat99's and I never will. There are good points to both of the systems. I just wanted to post another resource system to give variety to what was out there.

Yes I was a little brash in my reply to Etherkye, and I apologize for that. But, like I said in that post how can you judge without even looking at it? Or like others have said why judge the two because they are basically different.

Joeku

Lord
I think both systems are great. This is surely easier to customize, and if you don't want all the extra stuff that daat has then you can get this.

Alis

Wanderer
Karmageddon said:
Thank You everyone for the honest posts about this system. I have never said that this was better then Daat99's and I never will. There are good points to both of the systems. I just wanted to post another resource system to give variety to what was out there.

Yes I was a little brash in my reply to Etherkye, and I apologize for that. But, like I said in that post how can you judge without even looking at it? Or like others have said why judge the two because they are basically different.

As i said no one has the power to judge anyones creativity thanks for posting and sharing we look forward into seeing your posts and if your interested on creating something very good.. in this o/w/l i have couple of ideas but no time to create them :)

Karmageddon

Sorceror
Well I am always open to new ideas...... And yes I would like to expand this system, but not really sure on which way to go.

Alis

Wanderer
Create diffrent craft menus for each race they should have diffrent craft options.. each class. this is part of a great project if you can do then 4/1 of the project will be finished the small part of it will be done :).

What i mean is that think elfs have a blacksmith craft that could do only crafting to elf weapons.

Think orcs can to blacksmithing craft they could craft only orc weapons but they cannot see elf weapons..

If you want to do something like this i will surelly support you :)

A_Li_N

Knight
Karmageddon said:
Well I am always open to new ideas...... And yes I would like to expand this system, but not really sure on which way to go.
Go the 'Real world' direction with the o/w/l. Change the current stuff to match as well :) daat has a good fantasy one, RUO needs a good 'real' one. (Just my suggestion)

Coal + Iron Ore + Forge = Steel *ponders* And Bronze forging *ponders more* But all that Verite and Valorite would have to go and most metals suck bad in protection compared to iron - not talking of weight. :/ Ah well lol nvm me and my brainstorming. :p

Alis

Wanderer
Kamuflaro said:
Coal + Iron Ore + Forge = Steel *ponders* And Bronze forging *ponders more* But all that Verite and Valorite would have to go and most metals suck bad in protection compared to iron - not talking of weight. :/ Ah well lol nvm me and my brainstorming. :p

Coal ? how are you going to use in armoury for coal arr for melting ? hehe

Easy :p
1 example would be: Like cooking/scribing stuff with 2 or more ingrediences and requirement of a nearby forge...
or you first doubleclick the coal, then if you target ironore it will give you a target curser for the attempt to create steel... simple. :p

Karmageddon

Sorceror
Alis that is a good idea for the races only seeing one set of weapons or armor for their race, but if I did that it would mean forcing an admin into having to use a race system in conjunction with the resources.... Not what I really want to do.

As for the duel resource to create one... that could work.... but I think I would keep the same metals as I have now....