RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Karmageddon's Custom O/W/L

JesseTCG

Sorceror
RadicalFlower said:
ok so the destro files would be like the def blacksmith and stuff like that am i right??

OR do i half to replace EVERYTHING inside the modified folder???

Basically what he is saying is that you must copy the folder into your runuo/scripts/custom folder, and then take a look at the distro pack, and find the folder that is named modifications, all the files in there are duplicates of files the server comes with. You must find the original server files, and move them to a safe spot. Karm is working on a KPAK that should take care of this issuews, and overwrite the old files in a later release from what I hear on his new website.

Thank You

Thank you Bunches... i appricte that.. yes i thought i would half to replace everything int hat modified folder.. and that would BE awsome if he did do that .. i really want this ore and leather and all .. been wanting it long time..

:) ;)

What is his Web site url .. so i can stay updated and all on it please if you are able to and all :D

JesseTCG

Sorceror
I will PM it to you.

RadicalFlower said:
Thank you Bunches... i appricte that.. yes i thought i would half to replace everything int hat modified folder.. and that would BE awsome if he did do that .. i really want this ore and leather and all .. been wanting it long time..

What is his Web site url .. so i can stay updated and all on it please if you are able to and all :D

I will send it to you in a PM.

JesseTCG

Sorceror
Rumor has it...

Rumor has it that there is a new release of this engine coming out soon. It is already in the beta stages as I have been on his server, and seen it in action. The best part that I like is that on a kill sometimes you get a runic hammer designed for the special ore. So when crafting those items, the stats on the armor is very good.

JesseTCG

Sorceror
Karmageddon & I

RadicalFlower said:

Karmageddon, and I are working on a quick release. We added some new things, like craftable boxes to hold the special ores, and woods, as well as hold regular items also so you don't have to cut down 20 logs, then run to a bank, unless thats what you want to do.. lol We expect this update soon, just keep looking on our website for the release!

JesseTCG

Sorceror
Setting the Record Straight

msondey89 said:
maybe you and datt should work together and make a COMPLEATELY new set of O/W/L !!! just leave it as that or just post them all seperate for those who just need one of them lol.. just pitching some ideas :) hope you like :)

We already have a working copy of Karmageddon's Ore system Merged with Dats' We will be releasing a copy of it soon. We however have had it running on our server without any incident.

nomad707

Knight
I use this system, i Like it alot, thanks for the contribution!
-R

**my suggestion is to retain the RUNUO file structure so the useres can simple select drag and drop and be done, just a suggestion though =)**

nomad707

Knight
i didnt think to try or test this issue, but when i mine, im not picking up any of the custom ores. what did i do wrong?

JesseTCG

Sorceror
You will want to pick up the updates to this engine. He has some bug fixes and corrected the issue with not being able to mine the custom ores. Plus made the boxes craftable. They are not posted here, but you can find them on Karmageddon's site. You can either look in his profile for site or you can PM me for it.

Pyro-Tech

Knight
I have had this successfully running on shard for some time....just now got players where they should be able to use new ore...but it seems they aren't getting any...

is there something i have to do to get it to spawn in the world?? or am i missing something?

thanks

I have had this successfully running on shard for some time....just now got players where they should be able to use new ore...but it seems they aren't getting any...

is there something i have to do to get it to spawn in the world?? or am i missing something?

thanks
Read post #49.

Pyro-Tech

Knight
:eek: oops...i stopped about halfway through thinking it was a problem with me since i hadn't seen it yet

thanks

EDIT: i just realized he was banned too...*shrug*

Peoharen

Sorceror
If ppl dont mind me asking, why did he get banned?
was it due to the fact that they planning to releasing someone elses script?

JesseTCG said:
We already have a working copy of Karmageddon's Ore system Merged with Dats' We will be releasing a copy of it soon. We however have had it running on our server without any incident.

Karmageddon

Sorceror
Sorry folks I have been out of the loop for a bit for personal reasons. I will be posting updates to this system here in the next week or so.

mechwolf

Wanderer
Took some tweaking on my part ( due to my own inexperience ) but got it loaded and everything seems to work great. Awesome system:)

REDiR2

Sorceror
No Offense Dat

Karmageddon said:
How do you know unless you try it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do not Prejudge unless you use it!!

I posted this as an alternative to Daat99's system. If you do not want to use then DON'T!!

But do not Criticize unless you have used it!!

I'd just like to point out... Daat99's system is not working... so much so he removed it... Just an obvious... but I think that is the reason we are seeing this system come back.

I applaud both Karmageddon and Daat99's system. They are creative, took a lot of work to accomplish, and both authors were kind and generous enough to share their labor.

ON the other hand... if you are not 12 years old you should already understand that what you have said here is completely unacceptable. People do what they can, they upload it, and it is there contribution. Simply put, your opinion is just that. Yours. While they contribute with their personal time and sweat, you take away from the community with your words of discouragement.

With people like you around I am surprised anyone bothers to donate their scripts.

Karmageddon

Sorceror
Well here is the update I said I was going to do. For some reason though the file size has been changed since I last uploaded this package. So I had to piece it into multiple zip files. Sorry folks it may screw up the folder situation a bit.

Things in this Release: The resource boxes are craftable with carpentry and tinkering. Fixed the mining bug of not being able to mine custom ores. Added the runics for the custom resources to the BOD rewards.

I'd just like to point out... Daat99's system is not working... so much so he removed it... Just an obvious... but I think that is the reason we are seeing this system come back.

I had not known Daat had taken his system down, until just now when I posted my update. Sorry to hear that his system has been taken down and I hope he gets it fixed soon.

brainless

Wanderer
Oh my god a new crafting system! Great job Karmageddon! I wish I could try this out... I'm considering of setting up a new clean RunUO to take a test drive. I just started building a shard again and installed Daat's OWLTR already so I'm not sure how easily I could switch since I'm not much of a wizard with scripts as of yet.

I'm not saying that Daat's system is bad, I think it's incredible system, but I am so curious about this one too :)