RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knives' Chat v2.0

brodock

Sorceror
just a few "exploit" thing i found...
i have "Show Staffs" turned off, but people can still send messages to staffs using [pm
like [pm brodock...

and here is a feature request:
i'm (with my staff account) wanna be able to send messages to users, and make then able to reply but not be able to "start a conversation", just reply...

and here is another:
i disabled staff button... but i wanna be able to see other staffs online with the system using a staff account (this can be something like, it the staff is visible, the show... if it's hidden only show if you access level is high then the other one).

sh1ny

Wanderer
Seems like turning off public chat still allows users that are not in regions to chat. It just shows <> instead of <Public> ?

kmwill23

Sorceror
The problem with players being able to Pm staffers when the staff listing is disabled is fixed for next version. Will concider adding the staff list visible to staffers!

The regional chat is set to only allow chatting in regions that have a name. There is a check for the null region and a region without a name. I will need some more info from you sh1ny! if you can, send me a pic of it through email.

sh1ny

Wanderer
Here it is. I've set the chat to regional only, and the players are still able to see what other players type when they are not in a region.

Attachments

• Naomi_3-17_15.09.gif
    Naomi_3-17_15.09.gif
    23.7 KB · Views: 84

kmwill23

Sorceror
Okay, found the problem right away! They are actually in a region, just one with no name. I actually didn't put that check in! Well, it is now.

Thanks for the report!

kmwill23

Sorceror
It's getting close to 2.01, so I figured I'd reveal a bit more of what I am including with the next release. Check out the main post for details!

I'd also like to thank everyone personally for all the ideas, and so few bugs!

brodock

Sorceror
i don't remember how the Staff tabs work but... remember to make it act and react the same way of [who... (to check accesslevels to show as online or not if hidden, etc)

kmwill23

Sorceror
It already does =)

Almost everything is based on someone's accesslevel being higher than another. With this staff tab change, when the admin disables the staff tab staff members will still have access to it. If higher level staffers are hidden, lower staff won't be able to see them. Higher level staffers can see them while hidden though.

I am doing final testing on the update. Shooting for tomorrow!

Thraxus

Sorceror
I'd suggest an option be added, that can be toggled on/off by the administrator, that would automatically relay all public chat from the [Chat command to the IRC connection as though they had used [IRC instead.. only if the connection is actually established of course.

For the lazy players that don't want to remember two different commands. ;)

Thraxus

Sorceror
Looking forward to it. :)

Have you also considered adding options to relay Global listening to the console window? That way you could get an idea what everyone is talking about even if you don't have time to fire up the client.

daat99

Staff member
Any chance that you'll add an option to use the "old" anti spam system ?
I kinda liked it better when it queued your message rather then ignore it completly.

sh1ny

Wanderer
Here is a suggestion for the chat system :
In alot of the newer MMORPG's ( and in alot of the older in that manner - MUD's for example ) there are different chat channels : Public, Trade, Newbie Help etc. It will be nice to have such a feature. Admin customizable chat channels ( each can be either global or regional ), banning users from separate channels and option for users to listen or not to listen to given channel. Also there can be a option for assigning chat ops that are normal players to moderate a given chat channel and be able to ban players from it.

I know it's alot of work, but it would be very cool hehe ;)

kmwill23

Sorceror
Actually, the predecessor to this chat system was a channel based system. I am always concidering adding that, but finding the proper way is the key!

Thanks for bringing it up =)

Ashlar

Sorceror
Kudos and a suggestion.

Truely great job on the chat system. Your system is the first and last word in chat for UO in my opinion.

I had an idea for something that seems easily related to your system.
A staff log. The idea is a persistant "logbook" of info that staff can add to or just read.
I would think that it would ease staff communication problems if they can jsut type something like [stafflog <message> And know that the info they just typed is available to other members of staff for refrence....Just a thought.

Anyways, like i said, Great job!