RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Krrios' Client Beta 12 Released

Shockdown

Wanderer
Yea, Krrios, despite the few issues that pop up, a job very well done nontheless. Love the client, can't use anythign else. I only have a few suggestions for ya if you are comfortable with feedback:

1. Make it so the weapon abilities stay on screen after log off much like the spells do (save them so they dont have to be put back upon using the client again).

2. A simple thing really, but sometimes irritable - Have the client open up all packs that you closed with that are local to the character.

3. Add additional options to the looting/autolooting system to turn it on/off or add new item IDs through a target system *this i really would love to see personally*

4. Fix the issue with the client taking up massive amounts of RAM over time (it was at 200mb of ram today, but it crashes anytime it uses all I have). The client always seems to find the most irritating places to crash =(

5. Target system - love it. ABsolutely adore and cant use anything else now. Maybe change this so that mouse clicking on someone while slightly moving doesnt drag off their health meter but instead targets them. This happens iwth items too, trying to target and sligthly moving just makes it drag command on stacks and bring up amount.

6. Allow more new commands like ones you have, like the . dragtobag (I LOVE THIS!!) only allow a specified bag to drag to like the regs autoloot deal. That would be a great addition to protect my loot on the shard I play.

7. Fix the transparency deal. While I like transparency taking toll on everything the way it does, it prevents me from grabbing things behind walls in some situations (i cant click and drag things even though i can see it with the transparency on)

8. Last, but not least, add the CTRL+SHIFT deal that displays all items around like the other clients. That is such a badass addition that I hope to see it in the near future.

All in all Krrios, anyone who has been here (lots I might add, with yoru views ranging like 8.5k, lol) appreciated your work and konws what a good job you've done so far. There is always room for improvement, and if you improve mainly upon those few things I've mentioned, I think this client would kick everything else out of hte water without even trying. Keep up the grand work!

PS: You've spoiled and ruined me. I can no longer return to the older UO client... good job =P

ditmar

Wanderer
Shockdown said:
Yea, Krrios, despite the few issues that pop up, a job very well done nontheless. Love the client, can't use anythign else. I only have a few suggestions for ya if you are comfortable with feedback:

1. Make it so the weapon abilities stay on screen after log off much like the spells do (save them so they dont have to be put back upon using the client again).

2. A simple thing really, but sometimes irritable - Have the client open up all packs that you closed with that are local to the character.

3. Add additional options to the looting/autolooting system to turn it on/off or add new item IDs through a target system *this i really would love to see personally*

4. Fix the issue with the client taking up massive amounts of RAM over time (it was at 200mb of ram today, but it crashes anytime it uses all I have). The client always seems to find the most irritating places to crash =(

5. Target system - love it. ABsolutely adore and cant use anything else now. Maybe change this so that mouse clicking on someone while slightly moving doesnt drag off their health meter but instead targets them. This happens iwth items too, trying to target and sligthly moving just makes it drag command on stacks and bring up amount.

6. Allow more new commands like ones you have, like the . dragtobag (I LOVE THIS!!) only allow a specified bag to drag to like the regs autoloot deal. That would be a great addition to protect my loot on the shard I play.

7. Fix the transparency deal. While I like transparency taking toll on everything the way it does, it prevents me from grabbing things behind walls in some situations (i cant click and drag things even though i can see it with the transparency on)

8. Last, but not least, add the CTRL+SHIFT deal that displays all items around like the other clients. That is such a badass addition that I hope to see it in the near future.

All in all Krrios, anyone who has been here (lots I might add, with yoru views ranging like 8.5k, lol) appreciated your work and konws what a good job you've done so far. There is always room for improvement, and if you improve mainly upon those few things I've mentioned, I think this client would kick everything else out of hte water without even trying. Keep up the grand work!

PS: You've spoiled and ruined me. I can no longer return to the older UO client... good job =P

I have found an oddity also, when I close the client it keeps itself open in the background taking up 90 - 100 % of my processor. I can close it via taskmanager.

Juvecu

Wanderer
Possible Fix for the errors some people have

For all the people battling with the errors, here's what I did:

1.) I installed DirectX 9c Redistributable ( http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=9226A611-62FE-4F61-ABA1-914185249413&displaylang=en )
2.) I installed the dotnetfx.exe (ver 1.1 without SP1) ( http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=262D25E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en )
3.) I installed the "old" DirectX 9b Managed Libraries ( http://www.runuo.com/krrios/mdxredist.msi )
4.) I installed the 2D UO Client and updated it fully
5.) I downloaded the Krrios Client ( http://www.runuo.com/krrios/kuoc_beta12_r1.zip )
6.) Extracted the Krrios Client to a subdirectory in my UO folder.
7.) Ran the Config.exe and filled in the resolution, server details, my login details and set Encryption Fix to True, since I play on a non-OSI server.
8.) Ran the Client.exe, logged in fine and everything worked (although I still have to figure out how to get my hues to work )

Hope this helps someone, I'm glad it worked for me first time. (Any advice on the hues wil help, thx)

mko

Wanderer
Juvecu said:
For all the people battling with the errors, here's what I did:

1.) I installed DirectX 9c Redistributable ( http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=9226A611-62FE-4F61-ABA1-914185249413&displaylang=en )
2.) I installed the dotnetfx.exe (ver 1.1 without SP1) ( http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=262D25E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en )
3.) I installed the "old" DirectX 9b Managed Libraries ( http://www.runuo.com/krrios/mdxredist.msi )
4.) I installed the 2D UO Client and updated it fully
5.) I downloaded the Krrios Client ( http://www.runuo.com/krrios/kuoc_beta12_r1.zip )
6.) Extracted the Krrios Client to a subdirectory in my UO folder.
7.) Ran the Config.exe and filled in the resolution, server details, my login details and set Encryption Fix to True, since I play on a non-OSI server.
8.) Ran the Client.exe, logged in fine and everything worked (although I still have to figure out how to get my hues to work )

Hope this helps someone, I'm glad it worked for me first time. (Any advice on the hues wil help, thx)
this was the solution for me.

McClintock

Wanderer
This is the first time ive tried this and i can't get it to work. I finally manage to get it to not give me errors by installing the Direct x managed libraries, then i log in. Problem comes at the part where it says entering britannia...it stays there. I checked my processes and client.exe is oscillating between 0 and 23%. My character still goes in game though, but all i can see is black and entering britannia. Any ideas on how to fix this?

*edit* Never mind. I just found another post relating to this. Apparentyl there is no fix yet. */edit*

Aloria

Wanderer
ERROR -->

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (0 errors, 0 warnings)
Scripts: Compiling VB.net scripts...no files found.
Scripts: Verifying...done (1658 items, 435 mobiles)
Enter the Ultima Online directory:
> C:\Program Files\MSN Gaming Zone\Krrios' Client\Beta 12 Release 1\Data\Binary
World: Loading...TileData.mul was not found
Make sure your Scripts/Misc/DataPath.cs is properly configured
After pressing return an exception will be thrown and the server will terminate
An error was encountered while loading a saved object
- Type: Server.Items.ControlPanel
- Serial: 0x4000F181
Delete the object? (y/n)

Alo ria this is asking for the Ultima Online Game Directory not the Krrios Client Directory.
Usually on a default install it's C:\Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online (Version: AOS...SE)\
Go to the file it specifies ie. Scripts\Misc\DataPath.cs and change it there to read your UO directory.