RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Krrios House Maker Tool..

House Maker

Wanderer
Krrios House Maker Tool..

I have R5 of the house builder, Just curious if there might be another version coming. Or is this the last version.

BTW I love the program.. :)

Phantom

Knight
There hasn't been a new release since then.

I believe since he released the source unless a bug comes up thats the last release for awhile.

Melkor Raven

Wanderer
I love the program as well, Im wondering thou,
once building a wall for exmaple, in-game it wont be see though like it shoudl be.. how can i make it like a normal uo wall that you can see through (with circloe of ransperancy) when walking behind it..?

That's a really good question. I'm dealing with this issue as well, as I am creating a new town on my shard. The "Circle of Transparency" doesn't work with these type of walls.
Can anyone lend a hand with this?

Thanks,
Ghosthunter

Melkor Raven

Wanderer
you cant move the menu, but you can move the building area by first pressing shift and then left klick (dont let go) and move the mouse around..
maybe its not shift, im not at home right now so i cant rememanber exactly.,should be alt or shift...
if you want to change flor you can either do that by pressing F1 for floor 1 F2 for floor 2 F3 for floor 3, etc..
or by doing it manually.. at the top of the house building window is 2 menus ( forget what they are labeled) the one to the right you need to klick, and then check the options in there, you cant miss the part were to change floor... you can also delte the fountations so you dont have the grass platform and the stairs.. your house owuld be right on the ground...

P.S: Ghosthunter, incase there is no way to doing so then use the house building program only for doingfences, like stables.... or pyramid like designs...youd have to make your towns manually,
take a fish steak,
then take the ID of an item you want to copy (so go to a stone wall... [props it, remeber the item ID of it, then [props your fishsteak change the item ID of that to the one the wall had and itll turn into a wall, I dont know if you knew stuff like this, but i wish somone would have told me a lot sooner then I foudn it out... so it doesnt hurt to say, maybe lots of people dont know this kidna stuff

I tried taking the fish steak as you recommended, and change it's ID. True it did change shape, but still not able to see through it with Circle of Transparancy.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ghosthunter

green devil

Wanderer
with the "freeze" commands (there are 3 of them, as i know), you cold "copy" the buildings, etc you build on your shard to the "staticsX.mul" this lowers lagg and savetime

as i know there are several post about how to use it in the boards

Ok, but is this the right approach? All I'm trying to do here is make it so the buildings I create are useable with Circle of Transparency.

Thanks,
Ghosthunter

green devil

Wanderer
i think you could test it with a small building - use the original files from osi and create a new wall/building,... then freeze it - the circle should be usable from there on (if you use the new statics files)

Melkor Raven

Wanderer
yes, btu the problem is,
wont the shard i build the houses on, and hten make em strtic with the command,
well, dont the people then have to patch to play the shard?

Vixen

Wanderer
Yes, that's correct. For them to see the buildings after you freeze they will have to download your statics.

Melkor Raven

Wanderer
the probelm is, that scares away some players,
some dont want to make patches for free shards so quickly cancel and never join again,
just a little tip for osme poeple
they are even more disaponted if they patch and then relize that nothing has changed form OSI map as theyd usualy expect a costum one

Melkor Raven

Wanderer
You can get this tool at a site called something very similar to Tanjaneer.com
ask around a little,
problem is am not at my computer so i cant give a link.. and cant remeber exact URL..
You should find the tool on the left side of the site, if they havent changed their lay out,
there are lots of other tools so youll have to search for a little.. shoudl only take a minute to find... the exact anem of the tool shoudl be
Krrios house builder r5
or builder r5
or Krios builder r5
somehting liek that, hehe... wish i was at my computer..
In any case a lot of things shoudl be added to this program ,
hedges, more tiles... etc..
if anyone out there has done this let me know,
the prblem is i have no clue how to script anything otherwise id attempt it myself..

Wolverana

Wanderer
Melkor Raven, just a note that you are quite mistaken on the players not wanting to download files for better quality play.

We created only an island on our sphere server last year which created a new download for them of over 22 mb zipped. not a single one of our players complained about it, and in fact were excited to come check it out etc.

The real problem isn't that they don't want to do it, it's that they will many times need assistance as many don't understand the copy and paste issues nor the backup your original files issues. We also combatted that to a degree with an installer that did all this for them too. We used UOCM (think that's what it was called lol).

Anyways, change away guys, cuz truly your players don't mind as long as you aren't doing it to fix a few spots in the world, you gonna do it? Do something they can tangibly enjoy and they will be just fine :)

green devil

Wanderer
try to use uo-gateway for this installing of mapfiles and muls - it does it all by itself, and doesnt destroy the original osi-files