RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets get some input from you!

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Lets get some input from you!

What do you think should be next on the plate for RunUO?

Please be as descriptive as possible :)

ASayre

RunUO Developer
Hmm, this is a tuffie so much is already done, hehe

Aside from Fixing Bugs & stuff, This would be my order of priority list...:

All those new properties on Weapons/armor Workin
As many as possible of OSI Mobs/NPC's included in the distro
The ability to edit Ore Veins (what they contain) in-game for those who /really/ wanna try for a super-OSI clone.
Some scripts that are out there to be tweaked/verified and then included in the Distro, Things like UOT's plant system comes to mind...

Any missing items
A system for putting "flags" or storing info on a player for Quests so that Playermobile don't need to be edited each time... Something like an Array/Hash Table that gets serialized with Interface like player.QuestAddInfo( QuestName, QuestFlag, QuestInfo), and player.QuestgetInfo(QuestName, questFlag)... SOmehting like that.

Putting in Quests.

The [decorate command decorating all of the world
And then, a fully spawned OSI-like world.

ASayre

RunUO Developer
Oh, one more idea -- Regarding all that stuff placed in bankbox at Char creation... Prehaps have the functions themselves in the "test center" directory, And have where it's called in Charcreation.cs inside a try/catch block thing. So that way, if you want the bankbox not filled, just delete file from the TestCenter directory. Oh, and similar thing with test center messages.

zero

Not Nice
adding a function in the admin menu to delete an account so that all houses and other things like banked items are deleted. Possibly a function to enable automatic account deletion after given amount of days.. that would be useful in helping to regulate the item count for bigger shards.

K

Krazy_zack

zero said:
adding a function in the admin menu to delete an account so that all houses and other things like banked items are deleted. Possibly a function to enable automatic account deletion after given amount of days.. that would be useful in helping to regulate the item count for bigger shards.

I agree and A GUI would be nice....

An AI function that is a bit sharper than what we have here. Perhaps tweaking the NPC speeds and that damn spinning "bug?" when a player vanquishes an npc.

zebany

Wanderer
Gui is unnecessary i think, ingame menus are great.
Weapon durabilities are needed (players has billions of slayers, magicals etc... ) and AI update would be great.

K

Krazy_zack

zebany said:
Gui is unnecessary i think,

So you like having to login to do a worldsave then eh? ;)

I think they are VERY necessary...

psz

Administrator
Accurate shield/weapon/armour stats (Durabilty, etc)

RandomEvilSpawn for Champion Spawns

OSI style training (Drag gold, different NPCs train to different levels)

More virtues ;->

Gandalfjrs

Sorceror
re-vamp the entire spell casting system to more closely match osi and fix poison so it doesnt hit right when it lands... i think runuo should focus more on perfecting aspects of uo that directly relate to pvp..

K

Krazy_zack

Gandalfjrs said:
re-vamp the entire spell casting system to more closely match osi and fix poison so it doesnt hit right when it lands... i think runuo should focus more on perfecting aspects of uo that directly relate to pvp..

Ya but only because you should be playing DOOM instead of UO.... ;)

MOST people DON'T have as much of a 'kill 'em all!!!!!!!!!!!' attitude as you....

Gandalfjrs

Sorceror
i just want to play the game i loved again, which didnt include speedhacking newbies that think luck = skill. ( well there was always a few =p )