RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for someone who likes graphic design.

Jeff

Lord
Looking for someone who likes graphic design.

I'm looking for someone who wants to work on a small project, for free. I don't think it will be to much work, but heres basically what I'm doing.

I've re-started my original work on a replacement program for Gump Studio. I'm not trying to dis this program, I've used it, it did the trick for my purpose, but I think it can not only be made better, but I feel that it is slow, and full of 1.0 code that had to be made cause the framework didn't support said features. With this said, I need some art done for the splash screen, and a Icon. There may be more art needed, but these are the two things I need atm to get a good feel for what the program will look like.

Some features I am looking to add:
Built in code support, linkable to your server core and your scripts.dll.
Faster GUI interface.
More like VS look and feel.
Ability to code and design the interface all from inside the program.
Much more...

Also, I would love to hear your ideas :)

The Splash screen should be something about 500x250 px, more or less is fine just not to huge.

Also my running name I have now is RunUO GDK(Gump Development Kit) but if someone can think of something more...original and/or fitting, I'm up to hear this as well.

Thanks,
Jeff

Malaperth

Wanderer
Ahhh, ok. I thought you had something in mind. That way, you could get what you wanted and have it created for free.

Jeff

Lord
Malaperth said:
Ahhh, ok. I thought you had something in mind. That way, you could get what you wanted and have it created for free.
My ideas coorispond with Gump Crafter, however i think that name is lame :/ and my idea for it would be something with like carpentry and UO gumps lol. eh whatever :) im open to ideas, concepts and just about anything.

@ Radwen: thx

Jeff

Lord
Malaperth said:
Heh, I never liked the term 'gump', but I assume it has some significance I'm not aware of. :)
GUMP is an acronym for "Graphical User Menu Program." GUMPs are used to present a graphical user interface to a player in Ultima Online.

Malaperth

Wanderer
bah... sounds like wayyyy too much time went into thinking of a new way to say GUI. :)

Oh... how about RunUO GumpDK ?

Jeff

Lord
Ok, RunUO GDK(Gump Development Kit) is the name, unless someone really finds a better one, but i really like this one.

Jeff

Lord
Jarrod said:
what about RunGDK? it flows more and doesnt have the hard break after the O.
the Run will make ppl go, huh? Run what? and it makes sense when u say the whole thing without the accronym, with RunGDK it doesnt. Could do just GDK i suppose tho