RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for someone who likes graphic design.

Admin Vorspire said:

Entry 2 ^^ I'm bored.

Stop tripping on angel dust!

-Storm

WarAngel

Wanderer
Make a splash screen that looks good and professional. I would do it but I'm trapped at my university due to massive snow.

Kiwi

Knight
Everything posted so far looks like shit. No, I can't make anything better. Yes, I will continue to run my mouth.

Joeku

Lord
Kiwi said:
Everything posted so far looks like shit. No, I can't make anything better. Yes, I will continue to run my mouth.
You're entitled to your opinion, but for the benefit of everyone else in the community, I must state this: it is influenced by homosexuality :eek:

@arul: I like yours, but it's kind of dark :/ thats why I went for more of a "RunUO colors" look.

I think the title on mine needs to be redone... the font sucks.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Joeku said:
*One hour later...*

Here are my entries (icon included - someone needs to convert it to a .ico file to be used, though)

I included the Photoshop Format files, just in case anyone wants to make some constructive changes.

Whaddaya think? :p

P.S. Vorpsire, WTF ARE YOU SMOKING?!

***EDIT***
Added another version - white diamond gradient is slightly bigger, and progress bar is now included (optional layer in the Photoshop Format file).

Have you EVER seen a professional program with a splash that looks like that? Adding bevels to a bit of text and calling it good is what Photoshop noobs do.

Jeff

Lord
Ok, lemme show and explain things im really looking for after thinking about it, sorry i didnt give you guys an idea previously.

Heres some examples of the simpleness, and professionalism im looking for

Basically something not to busy, something professional looking, and easy to read/see.

As far as progress bars, versioning info, and created by crap i dont need, if that will be on there ill do that with a label so its easy to change.

Hope this helps you, i like the ones ive seen thus far, just not what im looking for. Arul's is prolly the closest to a sleek/professional design style that i like :)

Jeff

Lord
Jeff said:
Ok, lemme show and explain things im really looking for after thinking about it, sorry i didnt give you guys an idea previously.

Heres some examples of the simpleness, and professionalism im looking for

Basically something not to busy, something professional looking, and easy to read/see.

As far as progress bars, versioning info, and created by crap i dont need, if that will be on there ill do that with a label so its easy to change.

Hope this helps you, i like the ones ive seen thus far, just not what im looking for. Arul's is prolly the closest to a sleek/professional design style that i like :)

@Arul: Gump Development Kit :)

Joeku

Lord
WarAngel said:
Have you EVER seen a professional program with a splash that looks like that? Adding bevels to a bit of text and calling it good is what Photoshop noobs do.
It's called concept art, you dumbass. It's what you do to come up with ideas, not the final product. Thanks for the unconstructive criticism, though.

@Jeff: thanks for the clarification. I'll come up with some more stuff later on.

Malaperth

Wanderer
In my not-so-humble opinion, no 'professional' graphic design work would have the name/nick of whoever created it anywhere on it...

Jeff

Lord
Jeff said:
As far as progress bars, versioning info, and created by crap, i dont need, if that will be on there ill do that with a label so its easy to change.
Seriously :)

arul

Sorceror
Malaperth said:
In my not-so-humble opinion, no 'professional' graphic design work would have the name/nick of whoever created it anywhere on it...
Sure thing, I tend to add the nickname to WIP images only, it's not supposed to be shown on the final image ;)