RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lucid Nagual's All Spells System

Quote:
Originally Posted by etherkye
sounds good, shame my ranger spells are used by the same people that use my druid one :p

(i use races, and both are used by wood elves)

Thats more or less what I did. My spell restrictions list is huge, i got diffrent varaitons like, Elf Druid, Druid, Elf Ranger, Wood Elf, High Elf (Uses cleric) Drow Ranger, list goes on heh. hence why I can't upgrade very easy got like 50 diffrent races lol

Posting the ranger spells for Lucid to convert now
Oh sweet thanks. I'll get to it 2nite after I help etherkye and he helps me he he.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updated!
Please read post #2 for details, thank you :)

I got an idea for atleast one more ranger spell that I want to try (dont like having odd numbers espically 13 heh) But the idea behind it is you will either get a gump or have an empty bottle, and be able to select any water source and get clean drinking water, being a Water Purafying Ability. And Possibly (if any one remembers this far back) Make a Cooking ability Like when OSI just had it to whre you doubble clicked raw food you could cook it on a heat source. Being more or less just alot more convient for the ranger since OSI pretty much killed that. I may just send a Gump and use it that way with out the tool involved cause thats all the tool does is send a gump anyway. Be alot eaiser.

Also for the Cleric I still plan on making a Turn Undead Ability. Probably be using Fear as a base to learn from. but Im haveing some issues with doing just undead creatures instead of all that are near him/her.

etherkye

Wanderer
some advice about your 50 races, just give each one the orbs for the spells you want them to use. if someone has 4 orbs it's still less coding then rewriting the restrictions list to look for 5 different things. fine it means a bit more work in the setting up as you have to give the new robs to your players, but it'll make it easier to upgarde and faster to run the scripts as it will only be looking for one item.

etherkye

some advice about your 50 races, just give each one the orbs for the spells you want them to use. if someone has 4 orbs it's still less coding then rewriting the restrictions list to look for 5 different things. fine it means a bit more work in the setting up as you have to give the new robs to your players, but it'll make it easier to upgarde and faster to run the scripts as it will only be looking for one item.
I'm very sry man. I have had a lot going on tonight it has been turned upside down lol. I won't get into the details lol, but I will have your scripts done 2morrow. I am deeply sry. :(

Oh and which of your races use Rogue and Bard spells?

etherkye

Wanderer
don't worry about it. i'm currently writing it for you. i'll post it when it's done so you can edit it to search for the robs you plan to use.

edit: i just noticed something, undead and necromancy ahve the same spell class. ah crap.

etherkye

Wanderer
here is my spell restriction, you'll need to change for whatever orbs your going to use but it should all be working and it compilies on my machine.

Attachments

• SpellRestrictions.rar
    1.7 KB · Views: 34
I may not be around for a few weeks. I think the stupid computer got hit by lightning, so needless to say the remaining ranger spell, and updates for woodcarving, and the Turn Undead are on hold for a while.

etherkye

don't worry about it. i'm currently writing it for you. i'll post it when it's done so you can edit it to search for the robs you plan to use.

edit: i just noticed something, undead and necromancy ahve the same spell class. ah crap.
The Undead are necromancy spells. And sry bout that there was a lot of fighting going on in the house last nite. I'm gonna put my wife and her son out on the front lawn with their things lol. Thanks for the script it will save me a lot of time.

etherkye

Wanderer
script is no problem, if only my ftp was up so i could test it. and your poor kids :(

i just got the problem now of finding some way to stop my dark angels uning necro, and my dark elvse using undead.

script is no problem, if only my ftp was up so i could test it. and your poor kids :(

i just got the problem now of finding some way to stop my dark angels uning necro, and my dark elvse using undead.
You will have to edit each undead script to change that. And the kid is not so innocent I just caught him smoking pot in my house for the third time. Next time the cops can take him away with two black eyes lol.

etherkye

Wanderer
well anything i can help with just ask. if not i'm going to rewrite the ancient spells so that they can be used by players.

etherkye

Wanderer
well i got bored and made the Ancient spell a standalone. this is the first draft. it is bugless but the mana and skill levels havn't been set yet. there'll be down within the hour i hope.

edit: done

Attachments

• Staff.rar
    70.3 KB · Views: 31
etherkye

well i got bored and made the Ancient spell a standalone. this is the first draft. it is bugless but the mana and skill levels havn't been set yet. there'll be down within the hour i hope.

edit: done
Is there a reason why you renamed the spells to Ancient? And you are missing the restrictive system in each spell.

etherkye

Wanderer
well i wanted to change the skill level and mana costs for the spells. i called them ancient as thats what the spell book is called.

etherkye

well i wanted to change the skill level and mana costs for the spells. i called them ancient as thats what the spell book is called.
The reason why I asked is cause I already added restrictions in a set of Ancient spells for you and now I will have to do it again :(

What race uses the Ancient spells?