RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Map Editor, Version 1.0

Map Editor, Version 1.0

Thanks to Arya and Krrios for allowing this tool to be made possible.

This tool allows you to modify all maps and make changes on a tile by tile basis. Click on any area of the world map to display a tiled display. Click on a tile to display the current altitude and image settings. Make any neccessary changes to the tiles altitude and reselect an tile image.

Changes that you make are saved the mapdif files, so your original map is never altered.

Map Editor can be downloaded from http://www.uodnd.com/files/MapEditor.zip.

Enjoy!

KnightD

Sorceror
Found a bug for ya.

When I run the mapeditor, I get an error "couldn't find the required files. Please make sure that map0.mul, . . . . can be found in C:\Program Files\Ultima Online 2D"

What happens if you are using 3D client or if the client is on a different drive.

"Change Mul Folder"

This brings up a black form ( I think the reason is that is is tring to look in c:\program files\ultima online folder )

DKnight

Arya

Wanderer
That's actually an issue with the MapViewer control. I'm releasing a little update to fix that shortly. You can temporarily solve that by removing the ClientPath property setting from InitializeComponent.

I have posted an updated copy of the Map Editor. The Mul Path selection is now working and error checking is performed to attempt to locate the default Mul files more effectively.

K

Krazy_zack

and this error:

Log generated on 10/24/2003 1:07:24 AM
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at TheBox.MapViewer.MapViewer.CalculateMap()
at TheBox.MapViewer.MapViewer.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)

UOT

Knight
Is there any way you can make an option or utility to load a map and save it all in the diff file? So we can have 1 map for fel and one for tram without having to make it 1 tile at a time.

warlocke

Wanderer
I assume this is drawing using GDI?

Requests/Recommendations:
Switch to DX for drawing.
Add a terrain preview window (D3D)
Work on the interface to make it flow smoother...

Otherwise, excellent start. Hope to see more versions. :)

K

Krazy_zack

Krazy_zack said:
and this error:

Log generated on 10/24/2003 1:07:24 AM

Dija even see this /\

It's broke (atleast on my computer). Any input as to how to fix it?

K

Krazy_zack

Phantom said:
My guess its an issue with your custom map your known to use.

I tried it on several maps...

Even the original OSI one....

brodock

Sorceror
how many custom maps can i create? i would like to have all uomaps like felucca trammel ilshenar and malas and a new one, is it possible?

Vhaldir

Sorceror
[code:1]Log generated on 11/11/2003 2:06:13 AM
at TheBox.MulData.StaticData.ReadFromStream(FileStream stream, Int32 NumberOfStatics)
[/code:1]
I get this error whenever trying to view my custom felucca/trammel map using the map editor.. doesn't display any error when viewing original maps.

Arya

Wanderer
Nm that. The issue is with the statics file (either default or patch), probably you have a corruption somewhere or a wrong entry that tries to read beyond the end of the file.

Admin Grania

Wanderer
Sounds nice.. but it doesn't work. I got this error:

MapEditor.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Pcocess id=0x988 (2440), Thread id=0x98c (2444)

Click OK to terminate the application.
Click CANCEL to debug the application.

Admin Grania

Wanderer
Well, I have the .NET Framework version 1.1 installed. All other .NET programs (like RunUO or the ClilocViewer) work really fine..

Arya

Wanderer
Very weird. That's exactly the error you get when your .NET installation isn't good for the application... Maybe try reinstalling it.