RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marble Crafting

FingersMcSteal

Sorceror
Looks very good, i'll be having a poke round at the files tho.

I did have something along the same lines but its still a work in progress at the moment, once i get it finished i'll probably post it up in here too, but have to say it's looking good, keep up the good work.

Attachments

• crafts001.jpg
    crafts001.jpg
    547.9 KB · Views: 112

Manu

Knight
I was thinking about including those statues, but they are just too big. I cant control on what level in a house a player sets the statue and if he sets it on the ground floor the statue would reach through the whole building. Looked shitty, so I left them out :)

FingersMcSteal

Sorceror
I've just made them as new addon's, that way they work the same way as any other crafted addon, the one thing i have managed to do tho, because of the way i've made our shards ore & granite and used the existing craft system, i can basically now create anything in addon form and just add to our craft menus, since the normal system picks up the hues anyway.

If i get the whole thing finished i'll drop the files in here, but the way that i've changed our craft system might not allow other systems that are already out there as downloads to work.

Something else i've managed to do tho, is make new sets of runic hammers and sewing kits too, which again, all work with the existing craft systems. This has help'd me to make a few changes to our shards BOD system too and also create a new set of runic scale hammers too (although i'm still working on a BOD system for scale's).

The reason i went down this path was although theres some good crafting systems out there, they all seem to work in there own ways, ours works with the systems which are in place already, a quick example would be something like the lost alchemy, which was a really good idea, but wouldn't allow me to put the potions into say kegs, so i've added that also into the normal alchemy system (with just a few minor changes).

I'm not pulling others work apart here, i've just tried to stay on a standardisation type way of doing it, which in turn allows the adding of things like addons for example, to become craftable too in all of the colours the system will allow.

This has been in the works for quite some time, normaly because if you make alterations in one part it usually effects something else, so it's just been a case of pulling it all into line for the end result, but now i'm begining to see the benifits to myself when anything needs to be added to crafts, basically all i need to do now is just go into the craft definitions and add the new items in the right menus once there own codes written, (just like adding new items now).

I guess theres a lot of ways you can create a new craft or craft system, my choice was just to use the existing one since it did most of the important stuff already.

*EDIT*
yeah i know what you mean tho, you want to see where some people try putting the Gothic Column's on my shard...lol

Manu

Knight
Everything you craft with this system is an addon :) All you have to do to get new granite/marble in it is to create the raw marble blocks and update DefMarbleCrafting. So in my understanding it is pretty standard.

LadyRhia

Wanderer
here is what we have achieved thus far

my Husband CyHunter took it upon himself to try to do the newer ores into this great item but he's at a standstill. I am posting what we have achieved so far so you all can play with it and see about how to maybe fix it. Datt99 we would appreciate any help you might be able to lend us thanks in advance.

LadyRhia & CyHunter

Attachments

• MarbleCrafting.rar
    24.8 KB · Views: 23

Noggin

Wanderer
Try this one , I too put the new ores in and this def marble works for me

Attachments

• DefMarbleCrafting.cs
    10.8 KB · Views: 22

LadyRhia

Wanderer
Redone Marble Crafting this one should work new ores

Noggin said:
Try this one , I too put the new ores in and this def marble works for me
We wish to thank you for your quick reply and while it was not complete it sent my husband on the right track to fix the problems he was having I am attatching the redone one I just finished testing it on my private shard and it worked just fine I hope those who want new crafts will enjoy this.

LadyRhia & CyHunter [CoOwners Uniciorn Heaven a Private Shard]

Attachments

• MarbleCrafting.rar
    27.5 KB · Views: 40

LadyRhia

Wanderer
it would if I could publish my shard but I am running it on an AMDK6 so it is extremely slow as far as it's saves are concerned and unfortunately I can't afford a newer computer so it is staying private at least for now. but thank you for all your assistance and I hope we can work together again.

Never Play Leapfrog with a Unicorn
LadyRhia

Erica

Knight
Manu just had and idea for this as you know there are chest for tailoring, ingots and granite why not make a chest box thing for the raw marble blocks that are in this script that way if players are making raw blocks off the granite they can also drop the raw blocks in a chest setup for that just and idea thought i tell you about it and thanks for this great script.:)

LadyRhia

Wanderer
Erica said:
Manu just had and idea for this as you know there are chest for tailoring, ingots and granite why not make a chest box thing for the raw marble blocks that are in this script that way if players are making raw blocks off the granite they can also drop the raw blocks in a chest setup for that just and idea thought i tell you about it and thanks for this great script.:)

Ok here is one up Datt99's alley expand stoneworker's keys to include marble or make a new set of keys. I hope I am not being presumtous in making this suggestion.

LadyRhia [Misty Dain owner Unicorn Heaven [private shard under construction]]

NiteStar

Wanderer
Thanks!!!!!!!

Now this looks really cool and I can't wait to reboot and let my craftsman get rocking with this.

Thanks for the cool new options.

:D

Karmageddon

Sorceror
Erica said:

I think Erica is using my resource package, so Daat99's keys will not work for her. I have although planned on adding this package to my resources which I will be adding a box to hold the marble blocks. I have spoken with Manu about this and he is given me the go ahead on it, so expect it shortly.

Erica

Knight
Karmageddon said:
I think Erica is using my resource package, so Daat99's keys will not work for her. I have although planned on adding this package to my resources which I will be adding a box to hold the marble blocks. I have spoken with Manu about this and he is given me the go ahead on it, so expect it shortly.
Yes your right i am using yours resource package Karmageddon.

smeghead

Wanderer
Do you know that you need carpentry too?

If you dont have carpentry it says you need carpentry when trying to use them. But i CANNOT find where its setting that requirement :confused: