RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

missing profiles and macros ... help!

Snowlord

Sorceror
missing profiles and macros ... help!

logged in today and all my profiles and macros are gone!

anyone have any ideas where they wnet? what happened? how to save them so this does not happen again?

thanks.

Hey this happened to me too after razor automatically updated, this is what i did to fix it, Im running windows 7 so i had to go into C:programs Files/Razor/Profiles and at the top is a tab for Compatible Files click that and it will show you all your old profiles before you updated i copied and replaced them in the previous folder before I did the same thing with my macros and it worked. I also had an issue with razor not showing when it was indeed on, I had to alt,ctrl,del and go to task menu right click razor and click maximize, this worked so I went into the properties on the razor icon on my desktop and checked "run in maximized window" now it starts every time fine and all my macros and profiles are working now ;)

Bebop

Wanderer
JohnTagnor;852769 said:
Hey this happened to me too after razor automatically updated, this is what i did to fix it, Im running windows 7 so i had to go into C:programs Files/Razor/Profiles and at the top is a tab for Compatible Files click that and it will show you all your old profiles before you updated i copied and replaced them in the previous folder before I did the same thing with my macros and it worked. I also had an issue with razor not showing when it was indeed on, I had to alt,ctrl,del and go to task menu right click razor and click maximize, this worked so I went into the properties on the razor icon on my desktop and checked "run in maximized window" now it starts every time fine and all my macros and profiles are working now ;)

This worked fine for me.

Cant make new macros though.

Shino90

Sorceror
Razor appears to no longer use the compatibility folders (in VirtualStore). All files have to be moved from the compatibility folders to C:\Program Files\Razor. To allow Razor to make new files in there, you should either run Razor as administrator, or change the ownership of the C:\Program Files\Razor folder (and subfolders) to your current user.

david6

Sorceror
razor update f****d me up!

Shino90;852789 said:
Razor appears to no longer use the compatibility folders (in VirtualStore). All files have to be moved from the compatibility folders to C:\Program Files\Razor. To allow Razor to make new files in there, you should either run Razor as administrator, or change the ownership of the C:\Program Files\Razor folder (and subfolders) to your current user.

good solution worked well for my friend.

Same Problem

I'm having the same problem copied all my profiles and macros to the correct place razor now shows in the system tray where it should be but all the macros wont run and come up with an error if i try also wont let me re-record them or create a new macro title if its nt fixed i cant play UO

Shino90

Sorceror
Are you sure you're running Razor with administrator privileges, or changed the security settings for C:\Program Files\Razor?

david6

Sorceror
Shino90;852804 said:
Are you sure you're running Razor with administrator privileges, or changed the security settings for C:\Program Files\Razor?

Eh no i was not which was most likely reason it wouldnt work.

Shino90

Sorceror
Zedicus;852837 said:
OK what do I need to do sorry I am just confused could I get a step by step ?

If any of your macros/profiles are gone after the update:
  • Open "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Razor"
  • Copy all files to "C:\Program Files\Razor"

If you're unable to create new macros or take screenshots, you can either run Razor with administrator privileges, or change the Razor folder owner to your user account as follows:
  • Open "C:\Program Files\Razor", right-click anywhere in the folder and click "Properties".
  • Click the Security tab.
  • Click Advanced.
  • Click the Owner tab.
  • Click Edit.
  • Select your user account in the "Change owner to:" box.
  • Press Apply, then OK about 3 times to close all previous windows.

If "C:\Program Files\Razor" already has subfolders, you may have to do the same for those too.

Thanks

Thanks Shino90 finally got all the permissions sorted so why did the update frak it all up it wasnt broken so why fix it comes to mind

Moonguard87

Wanderer
There is no Razor file in "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Razor" . Please help me hundreds of my macros and more than 5 profiles are gone... I am using Windows 7.

Azguard

Wanderer
Since the new update on 10-10 all of my profiles, macros, and hotkeys have been deleted. I have completely deleted and reinstalled the razor client. I have also gone in and changed administrator options. Everytime i create a new profile and get he prompt" the changes will take place once razor restarts". I restart the client and the profile is gone again. comepletely reset blank slate. not even the default profile is available.

david6

Sorceror
compatability

Moonguard87;852985 said:
There is no Razor file in "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Razor" . Please help me hundreds of my macros and more than 5 profiles are gone... I am using Windows 7.

have you tried looking in c: , program files , razor and clicking the compatability view tab , i found all my macros / profiles in that.

medic_scuba

Wanderer
Hey Bud!

Thank god you got the same problems I did. I thought I was the only one stuck out in the cold. The damn new patch deleted all my profiles and it refuses to save new profiles.

Zippy

Razor Creator
I don't know what in this update would've caused these problems, but... Has anyone checked to see if their "Compatibility Mode" settings (when you right click Razor) have been changed or reset by the update?

hellangeler

Wanderer
Well, I have followed the guideline above and found the marcos. I C&P it back to the razor folder and i am admin of my computer. The marco are found but only able to run once then error will pops up again. I am not able to make new marco as well. I am using vista? Do we have any similar situations?