RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my thoughts about magery

Courageous

Wanderer
I take it that spell reflection was biffed by then? It used to reflect ALL damage back at you. Therefore always first "magic arrow". I still don't know why they changed that, it was good. :)

C//

bzk90

Lord
heh, yah that was never a problem for me. My biggest problems came from attacking somone who had 5 guild members hiden around him (he was bait) and i took the bait :( My brother was there so we managed to escape (he casted gate to town)

bzk90

Lord
once on osi i saw a corpse right outside of glow and i went to go see if i could loot it not knowing it would make me crim

BAM bunch of people appear kill me and my horse and started laughing. One things for sure and thats that when you play uo it only takes a few weeks to learn not to do certain things (like go through a red gate following somone who promises a free ethy)

Mages overpower?

I think that mages are powerful but not overpower, they cant wear proper armor (or their mana will not regenerate properly) , and without reagents they are nothing. FC has a cap. mana ends

Yes they can kill a foe from a safe distance, but hey! This is their class strenght!!

If this kind of thing is touched, a shard will end up in a uniform consisting of bow, full plate, horse and a robe.

Balance is not made of equals, but of strenghts and weakenesses. There is too much to consider before making such thing.

I believe the one thing that could be changed about magery is summoning a demon for example, that should require a proper ritual a la Ultima Pagan, a good bite of karma points and an optional charging a focus.

A focus would be a charged item ( a wand for example) to call a demon like a fast spell and the user couldnt remove it from hand or the demon would attack him

Other than this, I believe, spell changes would lower the appeal of becoming a wizard.

=D

Addendum: I think that obtaining spells should be more than simply buying 8th level spells on the nearest shop.