RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NecroAI

KillerBeeZ

Knight
hollysong said:
you says "this necro ai scp only work aos(rc) and not work in se(1.0.0)"????
if so how can start at se(1.0.0).

SE and AOS do not refer to the RunUO server version they refer to the client version

hollysong

Wanderer
KillerBeeZ my problem isnt version please dont discuss the versions. my problem is "necroai cannot work on me, i sent the my files efect to(by) necroai please check my files and tell me what is wrong....

Sorry for Bad English....

The instructions final realms gave works just the same for the new version, only don't use the line numbers he gave as the lines have changed since RCO.

Peoharen

Sorceror
Sure it does. pain spike hurts...
Poison strike does not hurt players when a creature casts it...

Whiter makes it hit other creatures whice allows you to run and hide and all the creatures turn and attack your necro caster.

Blood oath is a one hit K.O.
Think about it. we deal twice as much to a creature then a player.
And under oath we get nailed for the same damage back...
Suddenly nailing them for 60 or so from our own attack and then deal with theirs sucks. Plus I have my lich lords using it.
Evey player whos ran in with a silver weapon has ran out dead... Its kinda funny :D.

Lot of small things need improved on to allow a creature to cast these spells.
Same for chiv. it's most useful spell (Enemy of one) cannot be used on a player. Thus is wasted mana. same for a few other spells.

All well. We well get to it one day.
Look at the hiryus, 90% of the shards have uber hiryus becuse they copied osi's stats, but didn't set it up to lose half of its stats and skills when its tamed.

Kamron

Knight
Why doesn't poison strike hurt players? thats like the main spell right there... whither is useless as well.

I am looking at the code, and I don't see what is preventing it from working. I think it has something to do with ValidIndirectTarget

Final Realms

Wanderer
As the releaser of the RC0 Custom Ai scripts, I would like to give you guys a pointer. The issue here is that you are starting from the wrong version build of AI.

Having said this, because I now script for a shard and am no longer a "freelancer" coder, I dont really release any of my scripts any longer as our shard's policy is one of closed scripts.

We dont take from the RunUO forums, but we also cant give. This does not include the RunUO Dev Team, they are the only ones we would open our scripts for, as a way of thanking them for RunUO ( not that they'd need it because they afterall coded RunUO, so they are tons better at it than I am ).

Still, Im sure one exception can be made regarding the AI scripts if I do see a large interest in the return of these scripts. Afterall it is a pain to prepare them so they work in all shards ( with unmoded AI's or Basecreature, etc ).

Kamron

Knight
the Necro AI that I have simply takes the MageAI (current code that I have), and changes the mage spells to necro spells, and changes the healing method to spirit speak.

I did do some research on why it does not work, and the conclusion that I have come up with is that it is based on the fact that the caster is not a player, but a basecreature, so the checks fail due to the reverse of the source/target.

Greystar

Wanderer
I've been using the Necromancer ai/necromage ai/paladin ai and besides the overspamming of spell usage from the Paladin AI I havnt really had any issues. I've been using them since Final Realms released them and the Paladin AI is included with my guards since I have a paladin guard that is recommended to guard Luna. If they need updated I'd love to see them updated, otherwise they've been working for me without problems so I'll keep using them.

Ravenal

Knight
Heh I use the PaladinAI myself for some reasons... Now it isn't hard as long as you know what your doing... just like final realm says, and the other folks who may repeat over and over until others will say...

Zantir

Wanderer
I have done a NecroAi for my shard, If it help you. I seems to work well in my shard.

Any problem tell me.

Attachments

• NecroAI.cs
    24.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Necromancer.cs
    2.4 KB · Views: 23

Kamron

Knight
I will check it out when I get home and see the differences with the one that I have. I could code a NecroAI myself, however just simply adding the spell to a mobile seems to result in the no damage problem due to invalid targets from within the spell itself. I will investigate this more.