RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help

Brian28

Wanderer
Need Help

Hello everyone, We need a lil help getn a shard up and runnin.
We have searched and read threads for related issues but it hasnt helped us any. I tried to run a server but i was behind a router so i chose not to do it. I am haveing a friend try it who is not behind a router, he can connect but we cannot. He has double checked his ip, we have changed our login.cfg to his ip addie. we did that after uogateway wouldnt connect. We get to the connect screen and uo locks up. Any sugestions on what to do here?
icq # 243-589-751 if you wish to help that way or leave message here, thanx for the help, greatly appreciated.

Malaperth

Wanderer
Have your friend get MrFixit's serverlist.cs from a sticky post on UOGateway.com. Also, I would recommend using UOGateway. I have never seen it fail unless there was a server configuration error/router problem or some such thing.

also with UOG make sure you have been activated and such, of if using a "private server" that the ip and port are correct and encryption is turned off, etc
1 thing set wrong and you will not connect through it either

Brian28

Wanderer
Error: I could not see your service on 69.171.225.84 on port (2593)
Reason: Connection timed out

This is what he gets from canyouseemenow, I had him dl mr.fixits and put it into scripts folder. tried changeing ip to 127.0.0.1:2593 and still nothing, have tried bot ip's on uo gateway and still no luck there either. Its proly something small and looking right at us lol. Sorry for the trouble guys.

127.0.0.1 will not work except for him

does he have a firewall running - even XP's firewall? if so - disable them (XP's is junk anyways)

and since he is not through a router, just have to ask to make sure - not through a network of anykind? (going through an other computer 1st with windows internet share, etc that computer is a router)

and are you sure that IP is corrent one? how did you get it? and could it have posibly changed (unless you pay for a static ip they are dynamic and can change at any time - even the cable ones - just rare to change)

jtburke30

Wanderer
No network, no router. All the sites (whatsmyip, canyouseeme) plus ipconfig through dosprompt all either give me this:69.171.225.84, or this:192.168.15.2. We've tried both Ip's, as well as the 127 one. the 69 ip, even I cant connect with that one. Depending on the IP, the others either freeze, or get the try again in a few minutes message.:confused:

jtburke30 said:
No network, no router. All the sites (whatsmyip, canyouseeme) plus ipconfig through dosprompt all either give me this:69.171.225.84, or this:192.168.15.2. We've tried both Ip's, as well as the 127 one. the 69 ip, even I cant connect with that one. Depending on the IP, the others either freeze, or get the try again in a few minutes message.:confused:

the 192 address is a router address - a weird one, but one assigned by a network/router

the 127 is internal only - so only that same computer can connect to it

i assume you are running windows of some type - probaly a flavor of XP
go into your network connections - and proprties for this connection and see if it is set for "auto" or if you have nembers in there
most ISP's (unless you have a static address) will require you to be set for auto - if it is set otherwise - migth work for the internet, but not for other things

also in there it should tell you what your IP address is also - if it is the same as the 69 one and you are set for auto - then that is probaly the correct one
if not - try that new one :cool:

also make sure you have windows firewall disabled, and any other firewall you have disabled or open up port 2593 (and others if you are using pandora, etc)

jtburke30

Wanderer
Whatsmyip, Canyouseeme, and Runuo show my Internet ip as 69.171.225.84. Network connections and everything else show 192.168.15.2 as IP. <that ip shows up in Runuo as well. Couldnt find the Auto thing you were talking about anywhere. Running XP Home. All firewalls are down that I could find. Running on a surfboard cable modem through Adelphia/Comcast witha Vonage modem hooked to that as well.

are you connected to the internet via network cable or USB cable?

if network cable - do the following:
open your network connections
dbl click on it to open it up (if you have more than 1 then need to figure out which you are using)
click on the internet protocal (tcp/ip) and then click on the properties button
click on "obtain an ip address automaticaly"
click on ok, etc etc
restart computer

if via USB cable - switch it over to network connection (most cable modems use either or)
then do the above

Big Cheez-it

Sorceror
Go into serverlist.cs and change the first line that says

public static readonly string Address = null;

to.....

public const string Address = "69.171.225.84";

jtburke30

Wanderer
Lord_Greywolf said:
did you restart the computer after setting it to auto dectect the settings?

and which type of ISP do you have?

Network cable. Restarted. As per the post above me, I put in Internet IP in serverlist, but using that Ip, Even I cant sign on. Tells me to Wait a few minutes then try again. Only ip I can sign in on is the 192.168.15.2. And obviously the 127.0.0.1. I'll put the 192 number in serverlist, and see if that works.

Rosey1

Wanderer
did you go and get a dns name instead of his ip?

I'm behind a router and have a shard running, it is totally possible, why is a router stopping you from putting it on your deal?

edit: got it, 2 people writing on the thread.

I would get a dns. See if it helps. As long as the canyousee can't see you, no one will be able to get on but you. If you are getting a 192 ip, that sounds like you are behind a router.

the cable modem - is the computer plugged directly into it?
is it via a network cable or a USB cable (pleae double check to make sure - does make a difference)
is the cable company Road Runner? (that includes AOL & Earthlink also - same parrent company) or someone else?

mitty

Sorceror
Hmmmm. I use a router also...

I had the same problem you need to go in to the router and tell it to use port 2593 for RunUO.exe. It also has several settings for ranged ip settings on the router like (192.xx.xx.xxx to 192.xx.xx.xxx) Also check to make sure stupid windows built in firewall isnt blocking this port and telling it its ok. I can be more in depth if I was at home but I'm at work, and also what brand of router are you using. :D

hucknivek

Wanderer
Patch 5.0.6a downloading problems with razor

I can get uo assist to download the new patch 5.0.6a but razor will not run it am i doing something wtong or is it the program. What do i need to do to fix this problem? Ty Hucknivek

jtburke30

Wanderer
Lord_Greywolf said:
the cable modem - is the computer plugged directly into it?
is it via a network cable or a USB cable (pleae double check to make sure - does make a difference)
is the cable company Road Runner? (that includes AOL & Earthlink also - same parrent company) or someone else?

Network cable runs from pc to Vonage Motorola VT2142-VD adaptor, then from there to the Cable Modem, also a Motorola SB5100 Surfboard. We had to get the Vonage cuz we are poor bastiges. Cable modem is through Adelphia/Comcast. Thank you for your patience in this matter.