RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help

Malaperth

Wanderer
I've never seen a Vonage setup, but I would make a guess that since the server is not directly connected to the modem, that would be a large part of the issue. That is only a guess though. If you can, I would try putting a hub directly to the modem and trying the Vonage box and the server running from the hub.

jtburke30

Wanderer
Malaperth said:
I've never seen a Vonage setup, but I would make a guess that since the server is not directly connected to the modem, that would be a large part of the issue. That is only a guess though. If you can, I would try putting a hub directly to the modem and trying the Vonage box and the server running from the hub.

With my Vonage Adaptor, I have no choice but to run my internet first through that, then to the surfboard, as the surfboard has only 1 ethernet port. And I cant just d/c my phone hehe. Wife would KILL me.:rolleyes:

the vonage may not work right connected through a hub - it would have to be a router - and then still may not work (vonage and the computer both need an ip address and the modem will only assign 1)

but the vonage phone is now your router (that explains the weird network address)

I would contack vonage to find out what type of firewall it is using and how to port forward through it - it is your problem
the internet sees its IP and it is not forwarding it to your computer like it shoud

jtburke30

Wanderer
OKay, went to portForward.com. Vonage was on there, but I, personally, have no clue how to port forward. The number given at that site was UDP port 5061,10000-20000. Help an idiot out? :-D Almost forgot...all firewalls (windows and Mcafee) have been disabled as well.

Thistle

Wanderer
You need to setup portforwarding to the port you've assigned for use in Serverlist.cs (default is 2593). I'm not sure whether it uses TCP only, UDP only or both.

You also need to use Mr. FixIts custom Serverlist.cs which can be found over at UOGateway. There are a number of DNS providers listed in it and they're all free. Once you've setup a free DNS name then you'll be using that in place of the IP address in Mr. FixIts custom Serverlist.cs.

Players would then create a local server listing in UOG and use your new DNS name to connect to the server. This is because UOG will remove client encryption. I can't tell you how to use Razor to connect as I've never used it.

Rosey1

Wanderer
Shooting in the dark here, i went here: http://www.vonage.com/help.php?lid=nav_help

I looked at one of the install deal and try going to 192.168.15.1 and type in router for the username and just click login.

If you are able to login, you might want to change the password asap for security reasons and then look if you can port forward from there.

tell us what hardware you got, which one?

personally i signed up here: http://www.dyndns.com/

I went to Dynamic DNS, put my ip in there (real not network), chose an "Address" and there i go. I put that address in serverlist.cs

edit: you open razor, on server, they would put your name.whatever.whatever you choose on dyndns, port 2593. Make sure that "patch client encryption" is checked but OSI is not checked. and click connect, it will open the UO client for you and you can log on.

Rosey1

Wanderer
Right, that's why you need to find out your exact model. I just went to one randomly...

did you try going to 192.168.15.1 in your browser?

jtburke30

Wanderer
Thank you all very much for your help and patience. One last thing hehe: Found what Rosey1 was talkign about but no clue what to put where. Heres what I see: Enable
Application: Protocol: TCP UDP TCP and UDP
Source IP Address: Source Netmask:
Destination IP Address: Destination Netmask:
Destination Port Start: Destination Port End:
Destination Port Map:
suggestions as to what goes where?

Rosey1

Wanderer
ok try this:

Protocol: TCP
Source IP: put your 192 ip in there, the one that shows up in your runuo console

Port start: 2593
port end: 2593

not sure what the port map is :(

*crosses fingers*

Malaperth

Wanderer
I can only guess by what I've seen above, but...

Application: RunUO
Protocol: TCP
Address: 69.171.225.84
Source Netmask: leave this empty and hope
Destination IP Address: 192.168.15.2
Destination Netmask: 255.255.255.0
Destination Port Start: 2593
Destination Port End: 2593
Destination Port Map: leave empty I believe

for the destination netmask, you can type ipconfig /all in a command prompt window and look for subnetmask and that will tell you what your machine is using. If it really needs the Source Netmask, I'm not sure what it expects in there, you may have to look further on the site of the manufacturer for more info on what values they expect where.

jtburke30

Wanderer
Again, THank you so much for all of your help. Now I just need for someone to sign onto my shard lol. I tip my hat to all of you knowledgable folks out there.

Malaperth

Wanderer
That IP is a lan (local area network) IP. You will have to use the 69. one for people outside that network to connect.

Malaperth

Wanderer
That would be correct, unless you are only logging on from your own machine/network, and then, it should still work, but if I'm not mistaken, the 192 IP would be slightly faster from your own network.