RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Negative Reputation

Thraxus

Sorceror
I agree.. the whole karma point system is overrated. I will say that when you neg rep'ed me, you at least explained why, and that's cool. However, I still maintain that I was simply making an example out of someone who was too lazy to read through the thread for an answer that was right under his nose the whole time. :p

Come to think of it.. I should go neg rep that guy!

*runs off to do so*

Phantom

Knight
I think you should be able to just tell people you dislike a post.

Perhaps a rate system instead.

People Who Like this Post:
Yes: 60
No: 40

cfaust

Wanderer
I personally try to ignore the Karma thing, as I'm sure that I'll end up in the red one day and after one heart attack I can't sweat the small crap. I'll admit I'm a sore loser on top of that, which is no good when you are trying to maitain a cool and collected persona

Thraxus

Sorceror
Someone just gave me some meaningless (relatively speaking, since all rep is technically meaningless) grey box rep. To that person, I say the following..

U SUK @ TEH INNERNET

j/k

:D

Thraxus

Sorceror
Nope, wasn't you cfaust, unless you sent me two in a row. The grey karma showed up after your green karma. There was no comment on the grey karma, so I assume it was meant to be green and the sender just doesn't know about the little glitch requiring you to click on the pre-selected option. :p

cfaust

Wanderer
Well; I've hit my limit of fun, I'm not going to even bother with the karma thing, someone doesn't like me so I'm not even going to try and return to green.

cfaust

Wanderer
cfaust said:
I personally try to ignore the Karma thing, as I'm sure that I'll end up in the red one day and after one heart attack I can't sweat the small crap. I'll admit I'm a sore loser on top of that, which is no good when you are trying to maitain a cool and collected persona

This one post, hah, oh well... I'm going to stop now, like I said I try to ignore, and that I'm a sore loser.

cfaust

Wanderer
I am trying to make you red, so you can be special.

That's real special

Anyway, someone brought me up to 1 point so I'm barely green now :) I'm not going to mention their name as they might catch the karma virus, to that person; thank you, you know who you are, I would return the favor but I can't until I give out some more karma to other people first.

Thraxus

Sorceror
I don't know if the karma system actually works this way, but it occurred to me that people who have negative karma wouldn't be the best candidates to give out positive karma. (assuming nobody abused the system by giving unwarranted negative karma that is)

A lot of people have claimed that they sent me positive karma, and that they did remember to click "I approve" before sending it, but it showed up grey anyhow. These same people were generally in the red when they attempted to send positive karma to me.

So many people who currently have red karma actually can't give green karma at all? Might explain why so much grey is showing up even where people are adamant that they're doing it right.

Merlin*

Super Newb Moderator
It's official folks there is no bug in the karma system.

It is all directly related to post counts and current karma.

The gray dots are normal they just mean the that the user that left you the karma either did not have much karma or had a low post count.

Vidi

Page
No dont remove it.

Ive got like 20 grey dots so far.

I love the fact no one but the red dot givers know how to use it.

I AM A RED! FEAR ME!

hehe

Thraxus

Sorceror
Merlin* said:
It's official folks there is no bug in the karma system.

It is all directly related to post counts and current karma.

The gray dots are normal they just mean the that the user that left you the karma either did not have much karma or had a low post count.

I knew something didn't add up about the supposed "bug"...

Sometimes it pays to question public perceptions on things. :D