RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Artifact Graphics

smoksalot

Wanderer
I have a fast question that might not get answered because no one knows ,
But the Body.txt file how do I make it availible for peopel to get from UOgateway, UoGateway does not offer this,,

So what good will this be if your the only person that can do it unless your make it availible for other to manually download and personally thats a pain in the arse..

KillerBeeZ

Knight
smoksalot said:
But the Body.txt file how do I make it availible for peopel to get from UOgateway, UoGateway does not offer this,,

So what good will this be if your the only person that can do it unless your make it availible for other to manually download and personally thats a pain in the arse..

Just imagine the UO emu community before UOG

you will find that about 85% of the stuff you need to do in order to keep a shard going is a pain in the arse, if your not willing to put forth the effort, why bother?

So, whats so bad about a manual download? You .RAR it add it to a web host then link to it, thats not hard.

The only hard part is getting everyone to download it, which isn't a problem if you have a good shard with a message board (that people actually read)

I imagine Mr Fixit will one day add support for Body.txt and other files in the future, but the best place to ask your question is on the UOG forums where your question is relevant and most likely viewed by those who know.

Aramis1971

Wanderer
Yes UO Gateway does it !!!

smoksalot said:

Yes it can be done with the autopatcher of UO Gateway ... just include the body and the verdata file in your patch or make it in patch 2 and players that will log on your server will see it ... Cause it work for my server so it should on yours too :)

Gwidion

Wanderer
Now I haven't downloaded this yet, because I have a question before I download it:

Is the new art only for the paperdoll and the item? or is it for the paperdoll, item, and the avatar?? I hope you didn't just use some old UO avatar anims for the new pdoll and items art, (that's what pissed me off about OSI's 'new' wearables that were really only of any practical use and design in UO3D, which I won't play)

edit:

Also, is there any tutorial on how to add your own custom art/animations? I need to learn how to make genuine sandals of speed, and possibly a few other things. =)

Gwidion

Wanderer
And what's up with people asking questions that have already been answered 3 times in the same thread??? Read the thread before you start posting!!!!!! :mad:

Z

Zigler

theres plenty of tutorials out there and plenty of art to be found at Serpent's Moon My art on this page is avatar's 1 - 8 have dont alot of weapons designs.. will do armor and shields soon as well. heres some of the stuff you can find on there, under my section. (thats snake pillar isnt mine.. but can be found on that website.)

Gwidion

Wanderer
For those weapons, and the wings, do you have any avatar animations for them? or do you just use filler anims for them? Is there a tutorial for adding the art at serpents moon?

Voran

Wanderer
KillerBeeZ said:
Just imagine the UO emu community before UOG

you will find that about 85% of the stuff you need to do in order to keep a shard going is a pain in the arse, if your not willing to put forth the effort, why bother?

So, whats so bad about a manual download? You .RAR it add it to a web host then link to it, thats not hard.

The only hard part is getting everyone to download it, which isn't a problem if you have a good shard with a message board (that people actually read)

I imagine Mr Fixit will one day add support for Body.txt and other files in the future, but the best place to ask your question is on the UOG forums where your question is relevant and most likely viewed by those who know.
UOG 1.9 beta supports Body.def patches

nevyn44491

Wanderer
Sorry but i have the same problem

I can see them on the paper doll but no on my character.
I added the lines to Body.def. And im using 2d. I did everything you said for the installation? are there supposed to be animations for the character too?

wstsdwgrrr

Wanderer
Evil Squirrel said:
all of these were taken straight from Diablo 2. . . .

Uhm..

wstsdwgrrr said:
I added new graphics(diablo2 graphics) to spruce up the artifacts since OSI merely changed the colors of the artifacts to make them different instead of adding new graphics.

But hey, if you don't like that I'm borrowing Diablo II graphics..don't use them.

Darkness_PR

Wanderer
Little question here¿?¿?

Okay heres the question might be very simple, the thing is after i mod all those files will my players see them too?????

Pyro-Tech

Knight
Darkness_PR said:
Okay heres the question might be very simple, the thing is after i mod all those files will my players see them too?????
you will have to create a patch for UOGateway and when your players log in, the files will be downloaded

KnightAGS

Sorceror
Uniques .MBL

How do I make a file with a .MLB extention. Is that done with MulBuilder? I have collected a bunch of graffics but have yet to attempt to impliment them. What you have posted here will be a big help. Thanks.