RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

!NEW & BETTER! Ultimate Prize Stone

Raelis

Sorceror
!NEW & BETTER! Ultimate Prize Stone

!!!!!!NEW & BETTER!!!!!!

This stone is an new version of my old prize stone which a lot of people liked, and as well, a lot of peole were asking for adding amounts to it, so, I did that. As well as I've added a Custom Hue list which anyone with the selected access (customizable in the staff gump) can add or remove hues to the list, if you set it to "Use Custom Hues" it will use this gump when a player buys an item with the Hue checked, or you can set it to "Use Normal Hues" and it will use the normal hue picker. As well as all that, you can now add an unlimited amount of items! I also set it so that you can set the currency in the staff gump instead of having to use the [props gump, it's used through string instead of Type. As well as all that, heh, players can now buy an unlimited amount of selected items all at once. And with all these changes, I've made the whole script a ton smaller, it went from 462KB to 48KB.

The glitch with buying an item and it getting the hue option or being blessed or bonded without checking the correct boxes has been fixed!!

Fixed for good this time!!

Attachments

• VendorStone.zip
    6.8 KB · Views: 1,042

nomad707

Knight
Omg

Dude best script ive ever seen ever made in any script submissions. This has got to be the finest work anywhere on runuo.com or actually the entire web! great job!

Raelis

Sorceror
poopthrower said:
Dude best script ive ever seen ever made in any script submissions. This has got to be the finest work anywhere on runuo.com or actually the entire web! great job!

heh, thx

Feels stupid

Ok um I feel stupid but I can't figure out how to use this stone. I wanted it to sell Regements to the players. Kinda like faction vendors do. I go to add and it wants the name so I put Garlic. Then it wanted group so I put Reagents. Then price 6gps
then when it showed up on list I had someone try to buy it and when they did they got nothing. Can you please give a quick lesson on how this stone works. Thx.. :confused:

Raelis

Sorceror
juggalo_mmfcl said:
Ok um I feel stupid but I can't figure out how to use this stone. I wanted it to sell Regements to the players. Kinda like faction vendors do. I go to add and it wants the name so I put Garlic. Then it wanted group so I put Reagents. Then price 6gps
then when it showed up on list I had someone try to buy it and when they did they got nothing. Can you please give a quick lesson on how this stone works. Thx.. :confused:

Well, for one you have to set the type of currency the stone uses, and for another it's not the "group" it's the Gump Name, because a lot fo the items don't have actual "names" they use the default ones, so the name is null and would crash the shard fi u tried to open a gump with a null name in it. So like if u added Garlic to the item add, you would add Garlic to the Gump Name.

But be sure to set a type of currency, just type in Gold, Tokens, anything you want it to be, anything.

If you want, I can get on your shard and show you how to use it. :)

imme

Wanderer
Question

I like your script and I had the old one. But when I put ingots or logs or feathers and set the amount to 100 and then put a horse on there and i made it so you can hue it, when you buy the horse you get the logs or ingots or feathers too witht the horse and I didnt have a check mark in the box for the others? I was using your old scripts and I made a a script for 100 ingots in a bag and so on for the other items. thanks, IMME

Roseanne

Wanderer
I can not seem to use the special options like hue picker, bless, etc. I get msg that don't have enuf gold for it even tho plenty gold in bank... help plz

C

chrisjones

Needs some work Yes

Ok seems ok for an upgrade from old script but there is issues with the buy a single item and it gives u a few if you select the hue bless and bond buttons....
But other than that sems ok

Suffering

Wanderer
I can't get the hue or bless or bond part to work either, it either says I don't have enough gold when I do..., or it says nothing at all and the window closes....
I Really loved the original you did, and can't wait to get these options working
:D
thanks soo much :p

Raelis

Sorceror
Sorry!!! :(

Sry for taking so long to fix this!!!

I've been working on a race system that i just near completed the other day, and i finally had some time to check up on the scripts. With school and all, i barley have time to do anything :/

But i fixed the problem with the buying items and it sending the hueing gump or blessed it or bonded it without u checking the correct boxes

Sry again! :)

I hope it works for you all.

Raelis

Sorceror
Fixed the whole thing, there should be no more problems with the whole stone. VERY SORRY for taking soo long to fix it, I've been having to dealw tih school and work :(

Will this replace and delete my already existing stones or will it just enhance them?
Just dont want to have to retype all that stuff back in their on every stone I have :)

Raelis

Sorceror
Sorry :(

SphericalSolaris said:
Will this replace and delete my already existing stones or will it just enhance them?
Just dont want to have to retype all that stuff back in their on every stone I have :)

Yes it will delete your current stone, sorry. :(

Ok i was just playing around with this and I must admit I like the origianl set up alot more, also I have noticed if you make a typo you can't correct it, have to remove and retype it. Also if you remove a line it sends the other lines up one line, so if you have spaces like I like to have then everything gets messed up.

Is there an easy way just to add quanity to the original vendor stone?

Raelis

Sorceror
SphericalSolaris said:
Ok i was just playing around with this and I must admit I like the origianl set up alot more, also I have noticed if you make a typo you can't correct it, have to remove and retype it. Also if you remove a line it sends the other lines up one line, so if you have spaces like I like to have then everything gets messed up.

Is there an easy way just to add quanity to the original vendor stone?

If you want to do that, you can, but this way is a lot better than the other one.

You can have unlimited amounts of items, and each item has it's own set of amounts. + it takes up a lot less space. And the reason that you can't fix a typp, is because it's in an ArrayList, not in an individual string. It moves them up one space because whenever it runs through the ArrayList of the items, and it can't find any string ot int to write down, it will just skip over it, going to the next set of data in line.

Quiverlip

Wanderer
I love this but.....

can you only add multiple amounts of stackable items? I'm adding in 5 Healing Potions but am only receiving 1 and it has the nerve to take out the total cost in gold.. grrrr :)

You did a marvelous job with this script. I absolutely love it.

Bobert

Sorceror
You dont know how long I was looking for the vendor stone lol never new it was called the ultimate Prize stone lol.... Thanks and Great work.

manda1

Wanderer
A new char was using this stone and it crashed my server:

Code:
Exception:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range.  Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at Server.Gumps.VendorGump.OnResponse(NetState state, RelayInfo info)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Noticed I left stone in edit mode... so I dunno if that caused it or not. Would be nice if there was some documentation on the stone, love the script though!