RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New computer built, problem or not?

Hiring Man

Sorceror
Hey i made a new computer, and i am not a retard too this shit, but its not the parts itself or maybe it is, but its a game i am trying to play and possibly others, i googled and people have this problem as well but not sure if there is a proper working fix that you guys may know but here are the specs:

Gigabyte z77x-ud3h
i5 2500k
8gb kingston hyperx genesis 1600mhz
1tb barracuda 7200rpm
nzxt phantom full tower white
thermaltake tr2-rx 850w modular
h100 corsair cooler
Evga GTX 680 superclock

i heard and it seems only games with punk buster this happens but when i try to play apb reloaded, the whole entire computer will freeze after a while of gameplay and i need to hard reset to restart it, it makes the loop sound in speakers like "brrrr" and continous until reset. ive did many fizes but you guys may know how to fix properly? thank you. its pissing me off.

Arvoreen

Sorceror
You didn't mention it, so it's worth saying, go to all the manufacturers websites and make sure you have all the latest drivers for your hardware, most importantly, video card and chipset.

Vorspire

Knight
Sounds more like an overheating problem, did you apply the correct amount of thermal paste to the CPU?
Too little or too much can cause overheating.

The symptoms you've described all match up with an overheating issue.

Hiring Man

Sorceror
yes i do, and vorspire, i though the same thing, so i got realtemp(monitors cpu) monitor and i got evga precision x (monitors gpu) and my cpu stays cool, the gpu stays cool as well so it is not that. i tried many programs as well to make sure and its all good.

But it cannot be considered even overheating now that i just tried it, as soon as i log in the world it crashes, and the computer stays on but sound has the brrrr sound and the screen display turns off but sometimes it stays on the display with a frozen image so i am little confused why punkbuster does this, i play games that require way more power and it runs so apb reloaded must have a problem with the new gtx 680?

Forgot to mention i got the Evga 680 superclock

ive heard people playing the game with the 680's but not sure if everone can since the drivers are new? luckly i didn't buy a 690, would have pissed me off to waste that much and not use it really.