RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New UO Expansion OFFICIALLY announced

psz

Administrator
New UO Expansion OFFICIALLY announced

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 25, 2004--Electronic Arts (Nasdaq:ERTS - News), the world's leading interactive entertainment software company, today announced the development of the next expansion pack for the massively multiplayer online game, Ultima Online(TM) (UO). Expanding the world and advancing the franchise, the new title will give consumers considerable player vs. player capabilities, two additional professions and a vast new land to explore. The UO expansion pack is scheduled for release in Fall 2004. The game name has not been announced.

"We are constantly improving Ultima Online by paying attention to our players' wishes," said Anthony Castoro, Producer of UO Live. "Feedback from our large international player base helped us determine priorities for this expansion, including new world content and a unified player vs. player system."

Exploring a mysterious Asian environment, players can strive to master two new professions; one focusing on physical combat abilities, and the other on magical combat and stealth. In addition, players will have new house customization themes and decorations to use in designing and building homes from scratch or modifying their existing homes.

UO continues to be a leader in the online gaming space with 225,000 subscribers. The game is available in six languages and is played in over 100 countries located in every time zone.

In addition to development on UO, the team continues to develop Ultima X: Odyssey(TM) (UXO), a brand new next-generation massively multi-player online role-playing game (MMORPG). The game, scheduled to ship later this year, promises to take online adventuring to a whole new level.

So, who wants to guess... Samurai vs Ninja?

JasonW

Wanderer
Wonder what OSI, in all their infinity wisdom, (right), will name this one.

Ultima Online : The College Years
Ultima Online : We ain't dead yet!
Ultima Online : The quest to Cali
Ultima Online : Lord British's Revenge
Ultima Online : Why do we bother, go play RunUO, it's better! (Don't know if that will fit on the box)

F

firebob

the new expansion will look nice

ya samurai and ninja are my guess too

JasonW

Wanderer
psz said:
So, who wants to guess... Samurai vs Ninja?

No no no. We all know it will be :
Paladin
Necromancer

Oh wait......

EDIT*

Actually now that I think about it....Samurai and Ninja will probally be for the ASIAN SHARDS....

We will get Cowboy's and Indians as our new professions. I bet $$$ on it. OSI is genious *rolls eyes*

JasonW

Wanderer
Actually, I'm dreading the threads that will pop up on these forums:

"When will RUNUO add the new expansion! I r want!"

Might not be so bad, but take into consideration they will be made 6 months before OSI/EA even release the expansion.

JasonW

Wanderer
Revan said:
C'mon, do you all have to be so damn pessimistic?
Maby it's an age thing but i liked aos..

Nah, I liked AoS to. But some things bugged me (like resists)

You know they will do ONE THING atleast, in this expansion that will piss 90% of the players off =)

It's a given, come on.

Ravenal

Knight
Well i am thinking sam, and ninjas alright, but it also makes me think, *are they going to ever use those OTHER weapon parts lol :p

Fury

Wanderer
I will be looking forward to it... if nothing else these expansions give us more material to work with and use how we like :p

Revan said:
Hey, that reminds me..
Are all of these artifacts in RunUO?
http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/artifacts.shtml

Hey wait just a minute folks...

I thought i remember seeing ninja items when I was last using InsideUO. I bet they are just selling re-colored and re-named crap again. Fraud.

The best was when EA took fishing anchors and called them plant seeds. I damn near fell out of my chair and broke my azz laughing....

Adam

jrocks

Wanderer
surprised no one said 225,000 users. Please do the sums, i pay £10 per month 10x225,000= £2.25 million a month!!!! yet still i can get queue staus 67. Where does all this money go???

Ragnorix

Wanderer
Prolly just a giatn land mass for newbs housing space :eek:........I predict Ultima online: The Space Age with even more robots and LAZER GUNS! =/

Cmonkey123

Wanderer
TheOutkastDev said:
I can already tell you it won't.

including new world content and a unified player vs. player system."

Exploring a mysterious Asian environment, players can strive to master two new professions; one focusing on physical combat abilities, and the other on magical combat and stealth.

Maybe not...