RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New UO Expansion OFFICIALLY announced

Cmonkey123

Wanderer
Revolution said:
new UO will be called: UO: Orient vs Ocident, its starts with a dragon attack on the tower of sorcery...

ok, i can see with this, RunUO will have a lot of work to do...better finish all AOS and pre-aos stuff b4 more stuff comes

The RunUO team really won't have a lot of work to do...

S

shadeuo

OK just a funny thought. anyone ever call osi and talk to them about an account problem? Well I have on three occasions. and everytime I got some Arab that could hardly speak english. so you ask wheres the money going well think about it for a minute. terrorism? as I said just a thought.

JasonW

Wanderer
LOL......

Maybe there is a secret reason EA closed Origin's Texas doors. Saddam get's caught, OSI loses it's secret income, EA relizes the jig is up, and closes the doors, and kills those who know to much :D

Bradley19

Wanderer
Arabian

Ya I have called before. I am real annoying to them and shit. I say So where the hell are you calling form anyway? There reply is (Braces Self) New Delhi.
I say, so is John your real name? They respond O no sir, we find it is better that we go by American names. I reply, Did you know that John is the name of a hookers customer? He said, O I think that is strange. I do this shit every time, and just the last time I got some "God Number" It is an AMERICAN
believe it or not number. And these people rock, I told them that John threatned to ban my account, and they gave me 2 months free. Lmao, they must not invest in recorders? Then again whats two months when there are 50 million other people paying there fat lard asses. :)

Mifune

Sorceror
Possible names for OSI's new expansion:

Ultima Online: The Last Samurai
Ultima Online: Code of Bushido
Ultima Online: It may not be Lineage, but at least it has Ninjas!
Ultima Online: The New Professions May Not Even Fit The Original Concept of the Game, But At Least They're Still Medieval!
Ultima Online: Lord British's Last Stand (Custer)
Ultima Online: Meh, Who Cares, As Long As 225,000 People Buy It
Ultima Online: Yet Another Housing Expansion (The Best Thing Since Lincoln Logs!)
Ultima Online: All Your House Are Belong To Us
Ultima Online: Barbie and Ken's Playhouse
Ultima Online: Lag's Revenge (Because of the Land and Housing Expansion)
Ultima Online: The Ripping of Diablo
Ultima Online: Lord British's Dying Breath
Ultima Online: The Fifth Wheel
Ultima Online: The Players Want What We Think They Want, Not What They Think They Want
Ultima Online: Feeding the Cash Cow

Anyone else?

Revolution

Wanderer
Ultima Online: Feudal Kamikazes
Ultima Online: The Old Emperor
Ultima Online: Jade Empire (Humm, maybe bioware will sue osi...)
Ultima Online: We still want to put more stuff in this game with these poor graphics!
Ultima Online: Lag vs 56kbs modem!
Ultima Online: Is this the Ultima (Last in Portuguese and Spanish) Ultima?
Ultima Online: Endless
Ultima Online: It Never Ends
Ultima Online: Little Big Adventure ( :p )
Ultima Online: Why don't you buy The Sims 2,graphics and housing are better!
Ultima Online: Insert your expansion name here...
Ultima Online: The War of the Ring (A touch of Middle Earth)
Ultima Online: Can't you stop with this?

Ok, i stop! Anything else?
Next UO (after this one), will be related to Atlantis!

Ultima Online: We screwed up (again)
Ultima Online: What does this butto....

I reckon they're kinda scared of FFXI, I know many people who left UO recently to go play that.

Ultima Fantasy Online: We promise its the last

*Imagines a meeting where the samauri and ninja sets are deemed more important than bug fixing and hiring more reliable staff*

"What do they have we don't?
"Samurai and Ninja classes..... oh and quality staff"
"Get the coders to do some lame job then"
"What about the staff?"
"I'm sorry, I cannot help thee with that"

nomad707

Knight
races

i heard there was supposed to be races now. Elf, human, orc, deamon, ogre....etcetctect anyways i hope that brittain will be taken over (get the damn bank sitting noobs outa there) and encourage more PVP, there used to be so much pvp, and now thanks to doom,every one is busy trying to get artifacts (take doom gauntlet away) i hope the new expansion encourages more pvp. (make pvp fair again)

Dalius

Wanderer
Things I've noticed in all UO Emu communities

• Everyone says they were in the beta
  • Everyone hates OSI for some bad reason
  • Everyone used to play on OSI before UO:R
  • Everyone knows someone who was a OSI GM

:rolleyes: I wonder how many of these people were actually telling the truth.

Revan

Sorceror
I can tell you that none of those apply to me.
Except the last one :p but it's only true to a smaall part..
I talked to GM Talos a few times.. But he's not a GM anymore :)

S

shadeuo

Samurai and Ninja? how would you make these different? It seems like they are too similar to be two different things to me. Next expansion well I recently reopened one of my osi accounts and loged on to see that the house I had payed 10 million for had droped and guess what no other housing was ever placed there again! so when they say more housing is being added does this mean they are adding more because they are running out of space I think not. So the only thing I can think that is going on is the killing of uo? The name should be

UO: The final blow!

psz

Administrator
Samurai and Ninja aren't the same. Not even remotely.

One relies on honour, ability with swords, bows, and flintlocks, horsemanship, and is open in fighting styles. They also don't use magic or other "tricks" They also tend to wear armour.

Ninja, on the hand, are more into long range or hand to hand fighting, assasinations, stealth, magic tricks, etc, and tend to go with as little armour as possible.

They are, usually, diametrically opposed.

sicron

Sorceror
Dalius said:

I was not in beta
I have a tendency to hate osi for all the bugs and always getting a generic response if any at all.
I did play long before uo:r
I didnt know any gms which is probly why I always got the responses from above :(
I think most people claim most of these thinking we will all be in awe of them since no one can really disprove them ;)

psz

Administrator
I was never in the beta. I had the option of being in it, though (Being on a 28.8 via a shell account to a UNIX machine, however, made this impossible). (some) Ultima Dragons got first crack, remember.

I don't hate OSI. I've disagreed with some decisions, but hell: I've disagreed with Ryan. Doesn't mean I hate him.

I played UO when T2A was new. I play UO now.

Never knew a GM. In fact, I've only spoken to one in the last year, and he was very nice, pleasant, and helpful.

Just to show that some people buck the trends ;->

Revolution

Wanderer
sicron said:
I was not in beta
Everyone says they were in the beta
Everyone hates OSI for some bad reason
Everyone used to play on OSI before UO:R
Everyone knows someone who was a OSI GM

-I wasn't in beta, but i was (soon i will say this :p, version 1.0 is coming) in RunUO beta since version 5
-I don't hate OSI, just think they charge too much (14,95), for UO, and other games with better graphics and stuff charges 9,99
-I play UO since LBR
-I spoke only once to a GM in OSI, rarely i got problems

jrocks

Wanderer
Everyone hates OSI for some bad reason

Infact i have a very good reason for hating it. When my brother nicked my artifacts and got them on a shard neither me or him play on, i wrote a long and detailed e-mail into what went wrong, why it did, when it did. I said i would even pay an extra £10 in exchange for changing my rewards back to the rewards gump... instead i got the reply of...

"I am sorry we do not quite understand your problem, can you please specify in more detail."

Considering i wrote in printer terms a good size 10 A4 of good language, with the title "Brother stole rewards, please exchange back to reward gump" HOW CAN THEY NOT GET IT. That is why i hate OSI and i think that is a very good reason.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Dalius said:

You've never seen me claiming anything of the sort, but since you brought it up....

I was not in Beta, I started playing UO on OSI a good 5 or 6 years ago but only played for a few months and used a friends account.

I don't hate anything except microsux and aohell, but osi is on my disliked list because they are just as greedy, I feel charging the prices they do is unreal, $5 a month was still too much but was much more reasonable and might have been something I'd pay.

Whats UO:R? I may have played UO before UO:R or maybe not, I have no idea.

I know NO GM's on osi, although I heard of a GM Talos from somewhere... maybe some GM with that name on a free shard.