RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New UO Expansion OFFICIALLY announced

Bradley19

Wanderer
KillerBeeZ said:
Whats UO:R? I may have played UO before UO:R or maybe not, I have no idea..
Its Ultima Online Renassiance. I started playing when it came out ( I still my manuel lmao, all the good it does) Renaisance had the last DECENT guide in it. I dont know any gms, but I did get a screenie of one saying OSI sucked ass (Why i have no idea) and before you flame me I dont have it, my other computer fried :/. But anyway, why lie about, and scientificly, "Small graphics in pixel form" :)

Mr.X

Wanderer
psz said:
So, who wants to guess... Samurai vs Ninja?

Oh my... use to be everyone was copying UO and now there copying Final Fantasy XI :p. And why buy another expansion when UO2 is coming out? Shouldn't they be focusing on UO2 anyways? :p Just a thought.

psz

Administrator
Er... They stopped production of UO2 four years ago :-P

If you mean Ultima X: Odysey, that's not UO. At all. In any way shape or form. Other than the word "Ultima", it has no relation to UO.

booboouo

Wanderer
Infact i have a very good reason for hating it. When my brother nicked my artifacts and got them on a shard neither me or him play on, i wrote a long and detailed e-mail into what went wrong, why it did, when it did. I said i would even pay an extra £10 in exchange for changing my rewards back to the rewards gump... instead i got the reply of...

"I am sorry we do not quite understand your problem, can you please specify in more detail."

Considering i wrote in printer terms a good size 10 A4 of good language, with the title "Brother stole rewards, please exchange back to reward gump" HOW CAN THEY NOT GET IT. That is why i hate OSI and i think that is a very good reason.

Course they didnt help you, you are breaking the TOS by haveing your brother use the same ACC As you in the first place :rolleyes:

Mr.X

Wanderer
psz said:
Er... They stopped production of UO2 four years ago :-P

If you mean Ultima X: Odysey, that's not UO. At all. In any way shape or form. Other than the word "Ultima", it has no relation to UO.

Well it has the name and basic game concepts are the same. Richard is not there so I'm not even going to bothering with it myself... I'm either sticking with FFXI or going to World of Warcraft. I can't wait tell WOW. :p

Dalius said:
  • Everyone says they were in the beta
  • Everyone hates OSI for some bad reason
  • Everyone used to play on OSI before UO:R
  • Everyone knows someone who was a OSI GM

:rolleyes: I wonder how many of these people were actually telling the truth.

• *was never in beta*
  • I'm generally a hateful kinda person, althought I don't always portray it, it's not just OSI :rolleyes:
  • Played since UO:R (the manual is good for chasing people with, or even looking at the monsters at the back, fell of my chair at the amount of times the same artwork for a monster was re-used)
  • I don't know someone who was an OSI GM, but those I've talked to in game have generally been good to me (they hate my friend though, no apparant reason)

psz

Administrator
BTW, there's a couple of announcements from Japan on Stratics about the new expansion.

I was right: Samurai and Ninja.
Also the new landmass is Japanese based.
The old Japanese clothing and weapons that have been in the client forever will finally be used
The house builder will have new Japanese style tiles.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
Ultima Online: 12.99 is not enough.
Ultima Online: Gold Katana.
Ultima Online: Enter the Fist.
Ultima Online: Nerf or Nuthin'!
Ultima Online: If we add 3 new colors will you please shut up?
Ultima Online: LOOK NEW MOUNTS!!!!111111!!1
Ultima Online: Rise of the Machines.

Azmodai

Wanderer
looks like osi just watched the last samurai and thought "omg that's a big hit, let's do it!"

on a further note,

- a friend was in uo beta and i spent alot of time watching him (i was in awe at the time)
- i don't hate osi but i don't like them either (i tend to take richard gariott's side in things, and i don't like EA)
- i have never known an osi gm never seen one either (all i got were counselors back in the day and helpers today)
- i first started my account when t2a first came out ( i still have my t2a manual hehe)

The reason i don't like ea is just for 2 reasons...

1- they allowed the ebaying to get out of hand, they could have restricted it, don't ask me how they just could have. at least when the dupe bug first came out and people started to sell mass gold they could have stopped that...

2- i am not against trammel, if you take money off your customers you have to service them... however osi never bothered to make just 1 shard that was old style uo with fel rules. Siege peril. isn't my medicine and isn't anyone's medicine, they could have just opened 1 friggin shard that played by the old rules. But no, they had to do lake austin instead :)

those are the only 2 reasons. other than that i still reckon uo is the best mmo out there. and i am looking forward to samurai warriors, however it is a bit late now imho.

habitat85

Wanderer
New expansion = New Bugs

Exploit as much as you can while you can, if it will be anything like Aos they wont beable to keep track of the exploiters and say screw it *thinks about the 2mil ingots he made*

lol jk dont exploit thats ILLEGAL!

habitat85

Wanderer
Or the golden skull "exploit"
I dont consider it an exploit I consider it a bug that they should of fixed so they punish you for thier mistakes.

Zidane4056

Wanderer
"We are constantly improving Ultima Online by paying attention to our players' wishes," said Anthony Castoro, Producer of UO Live. "Feedback from our large international player base helped us determine priorities for this expansion, including new world content and a unified player vs. player system."

Anthony Castoro, I hope you burn in hell you lying faggot.
I still have an OSI account but I very rarely go on there because of all the attention they pay to the players. I mean, you're lucky if you don't have a GM following you all the time asking you how they can ease your life!
No but seriously I have a 3-year-old account and no vet rewards whatsoever. Why? Because it never asked me for them. I can't get them; I'm excluded from them for some mysterious reason.
I've emailed OSI countless times and paged 5 or 6 GMs on different servers and waited through the whole damn queve (they sure take a longass time to tell people they cannot help them with that!) to get the response, "For information on the veteran reward system, please visit our website, http://guide.uo.com. Thank you and take care!", and once even the response, "Sorry, but GMs do not replace lost, or stolen items. Thank you and take care!"

I have, however, found ONE cool GM. He works in the west Britain area on Napa Valley, from The Sorcerer's Delight to the Graveyard areas around 9:00 AM CST. He is the only GM who has ever actually appeared to me, and he did return my lost items because of a bug which caused my corpse to disppear instantly.

Cmonkey123

Wanderer
Zidane4056 said:
Anthony Castoro, I hope you burn in hell you lying faggot.
I still have an OSI account but I very rarely go on there because of all the attention they pay to the players. I mean, you're lucky if you don't have a GM following you all the time asking you how they can ease your life!
No but seriously I have a 3-year-old account and no vet rewards whatsoever. Why? Because it never asked me for them. I can't get them; I'm excluded from them for some mysterious reason.
I've emailed OSI countless times and paged 5 or 6 GMs on different servers and waited through the whole damn queve (they sure take a longass time to tell people they cannot help them with that!) to get the response, "For information on the veteran reward system, please visit our website, http://guide.uo.com. Thank you and take care!", and once even the response, "Sorry, but GMs do not replace lost, or stolen items. Thank you and take care!"

I have, however, found ONE cool GM. He works in the west Britain area on Napa Valley, from The Sorcerer's Delight to the Graveyard areas around 9:00 AM CST. He is the only GM who has ever actually appeared to me, and he did return my lost items because of a bug which caused my corpse to disppear instantly.

You can e-mail them about your problem. The e-mail GMs always help with your problem in 24 hours or less.

kage1234

Wanderer
This "UO Expansion" seems to be coming just close to the time when UXO comes out. Maybe they are worried that all the dimwits that think UXO is the next UO Expansion will run out and buy find that they need a new account, create one and scrap their UO one. They planned this in sync with the release of uxo, maybe to keep the people in UO intrested, by the looks of things in order to keep their player base they should basically down grade to UO:R. If you look at it UO looks very worried about their player base on the release of UXO and well UXO looks very lax and when they are asked "What about UO" they go "what about uo?" in a smaller voice "its not the same game"

This is just all a way to keep the UO player base on the attention of UO and not wondering to the curious world of UXO

(Yes no matter how much you say that you hate UXO and never will buy it, I know, I know, you are all very, very, curious. I know.)

Cmonkey123

Wanderer
I don't think EA is worried about UO's player base, it's rather large and you can tell it's been growing if you still play on OSI.

There's no release date for the new expansion either.

kage1234

Wanderer
Not the release, the anouncements of it. But you know OSI they are greedy as hell, well okay maybe not. But still you have to admit they are probably still really worried

Cmonkey123

Wanderer
kage1234 said:
Not the release, the anouncements of it. But you know OSI they are greedy as hell, well okay maybe not. But still you have to admit they are probably still really worried

I don't think they're worried.

fozz

Wanderer
there just trying to get the old times playing again what will neaver happen why dont thay just leave like it is there just going to mess it up even more