RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NEW UO Patches Repository

Simon Omega

Traveler
Part of my problem might be related to the system I made the backup on dieing soon after with teh southbridge causing I/O errors.
But then Obsidian Fire was seeing the same thing on his system.

I haven't seen a Zip Algorythem mess up a file for years. But thoguht I would ask.

I'll give yours a shot ^_^
I have to emulate windows for now as Linux is running on all my personal gear, and I'm the only one in my Department for the next two weeks.
I'll try it some time and let you know.

Obsidian Fire

Sorceror
Hi all

I have been working on this for abit and found that the reason my patches crashed my client was I didn't have the next needed patch to complete the "Total patching". I only have patches aos2d_win32_4-0-10a thru uosa_win32_7-0-24-2 and Im not even sure I have ALL the patches in between. My install up to uosa_win32_7-0-24-2 was bad because I was missing a file called "soundLegacyMUL.uop" so I added it from a zipped up (Complete install not Patches) of the game. Im sorry if I was misunderstood about were I got the soundLegacyMUL.uop file from. I like to Zip up Clean installs for later use when Hacking up the files. LOL faster to Unzip an archive then repatch from scratch :) Right now I find that patching from 7.10.3 using Simon Omegas Python Patch server works great. I have not tried from any earlier game like UOR or T2D so Im not sure how that would work, although I did just have some fun with T2D running or an old beta 36 server :) I ran the 3D Client. LOL wow thats the old days.

Praxiiz

Sorceror
If you have problems patching, you can try my commandline utility. It will report more error messages than the UO patcher and you can undo patches that have failed as well.

seanandre

Sorceror
The FTP will be down for a few days everyone. Nothing we can do about it. Having trouble with the cable company at the location where the server is being hosted. Will be back up soon.

seanandre

Sorceror
FTP is back online. Just came up this morning.

Sorry for the double posting, but I have no idea why it won't let me edit my last message.

seanandre

Sorceror
Yep. It's still online. We had some Internet problems a few days ago, but it's back up and running.

I seriously doubt that EVERY single patch available is on there, because I can see that the actual Mondain's Legacy patches are not on there, so it would be really nice if somebody could upload those.

As for applying those patches to the UO clients, I believe there are some people here that are working on a patch extractor for them, but I have no idea of the progress. To my knowledge of the writing of this post, because the UO patch service no longer exists, the normal patch client doesn't work. Maybe these gentlemen can give us an update on what they've got going. It's been a while since I've heard from them, and I believe they started a separate thread for it.

Sean

seanandre

Sorceror
All patches have been archived in ZIP files to easier downloads.

The FTP works both ways people. You can upload AND download from it. If you see any patches that are not on there, please contribute them. This wouldn't work without people uploading what they have. We still need the Mondain's Legacy patches. Beyond that, I don't know what else is needed as I don't play UO anymore.

Sean

seanandre

Sorceror
It's being run off of a home / office computer at the moment, so there may be gaps here and there where it might not be up due to Windows Updates automatically installing and the machine has to reboot, etc, and sometimes the Internet connection experiences a few problems here and there, but last I checked right now, it's back up.

seanandre

Sorceror
Well guys, the time has come to take down the host machine that this FTP was run off of and pack it up and put it away. My wife and I are currently having to stay at a motel for a while, while we wait for the housing situation to get better, and we have no idea how long it's going to take, and we can't keep running it off of the family's internet. It was great for a while, but in the end, it ended up getting to expensive to maintain. We had a GREAT time running this server for everyone, and we hope everyone made GREAT use of it while it was online. But now the time has come to shut it down and bid it farewell.

Perhaps we will be able to put it up again in the future when the housing situation gets better. If that happens, you will all surely hear from us again.

Thank you everyone who supported our cause!

giric68

Wanderer
If anyone has a copy of these patches, I can arrange an alternate host for the next 10-ish months with complete FTP access.
Host is located in USA, so transfer sppeds should be tolerable for up/downloads....

giric68

Wanderer
If anyone has a copy of these patches, I can arrange an alternate host for the next 10-ish months with complete FTP access.
Host is located in USA, so transfer sppeds should be tolerable for up/downloads....