RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New version of World Maker(Map Editor)

Dekaru

Sorceror
Lord_Greywolf;808640 said:
well i was missing the 2 tex map files - never herd of them before, never used them in any map making at all - what are they used for?

but if i try to load a map, comes up blank and still can not draw

try to change the map directory - as soon as i click on browse, it gives me the crash of memory error
same if i try to type one in also

The texmap file has the terrain textures, basically square 64x64 bitmaps that can be rotated and applied to the heightmap grid.

If the map comes up blank it means the map*.mul file was not found.

Hmm, if you're getting errors when clicking browse let's change the settings from outside the editor to see if that does it, open regedit and search for WordMaker, go into the Map editor subfolder and then change(or add) the field "MapDir" to the path you want, let me know if you need more help with regedit...

Ah, one more thing, when you click browse on the other files you don't get a crash right? I'll take a look at the code to see what's so different about that last browse button... Edit2: ok I checked the code and I find it very odd that you get a crash when you click that button, yes it uses a different UI than the other buttons(select folder instead of select file) but at that stage the editor isn't doing anything besides showing that dialog, I suspect some sort of incompatibility issue between QT and something on your end, if that's the case editing the settings from regedit should be a valid workaround.

Edit1: I've been trying to replicate your problem without success, the only way I managed to get a crash was by setting an invalid file(like setting texidx.mul as artidx.mul), all other settings got me a soft error message stating what was wrong. Could you tell me what map and what version of the UO files are you using? I've tested with both T2A and mondain's legacy clients, I'm currently updating to the latest client to test that one as well.

adding that in fixed it all
no more crash if i click on browse
map comes in now, etc etc

so you need to load a default setting in there - maybe the default UO directory or c root or what ever or maybe even just \\.

but now i get the chance to play with it at least :D

by the way - does this work correctly with the diff files?
can i load and save diff files? specialy for the map diff's (more so than the static diff's)

Dekaru

Sorceror
Lord_Greywolf;808648 said:
adding that in fixed it all
no more crash if i click on browse
map comes in now, etc etc

so you need to load a default setting in there - maybe the default UO directory or c root or what ever or maybe even just \\.

but now i get the chance to play with it at least :D

by the way - does this work correctly with the diff files?
can i load and save diff files? specialy for the map diff's (more so than the static diff's)

Oh good to hear!
The editor tries to get Ultima Online's path from the registry, not sure what happened in your case.

Yes diffs files(both terrain and statics) should work fine, just check options->Dif save and then when you save your map it will save it to the mapdifl file instead of the mapX file.
Also any map(and statics) diff files on the same folder as the mapX.mul file are loaded automatically if they are present.

xiani

Squire
I am having a problem. Double left clicking any point in the radar does nothing. It does not focus the main window to that location. Middle and right is functional, but not left.

Solution?

xiani

Squire
Additionally, when choosing a number of menus, such as Go To, after I enter the coordinates and hit enter, the box will reappear and force me to close it 4 times before it stops appearing?

Shakar666

Wanderer
I just downloaded this program and now I'm able to fix those damn terrain errors that have been bugging me on the Ilshenar map! Thanks for the program!

Although how ever, during my brief time in using this, the screen would freeze up, with only a very small portion still moving when I go to move around to look at the map. It's quite bothersome, to me.

UO_Talon

Sorceror
After I edit the map, are the edits viewable by all players? Or do I have to send them the map file somehow?

nibbio

Sorceror
editing map is clientside. you modify client files ( mapX.mul and StaticsX.mul + StaidxX.mul ).
You must send at least these three files to update player's client.

mapX.mul is for landscape / terrain tiles
StaticsX.mul and StaidxX.mul are for static tiles

So if you changed only statics, send only Statics files, the same for terrain tiles.
With a compression utility you can reduce the dimension of files ( especially mapX.mul ), but if you plan to update many times client files in your shard, consider to produce a patcher or use a third party patcher.

Jeff

Lord
editing map is clientside. you modify client files ( mapX.mul and StaticsX.mul + StaidxX.mul ).
You must send at least these three files to update player's client.

mapX.mul is for landscape / terrain tiles
StaticsX.mul and StaidxX.mul are for static tiles

So if you changed only statics, send only Statics files, the same for terrain tiles.
With a compression utility you can reduce the dimension of files ( especially mapX.mul ), but if you plan to update many times client files in your shard, consider to produce a patcher or use a third party patcher.
like ConnectUO :)

dragonfyre

Traveler
I have copied all files needed to a separate folder, and changed the MUL locations to this folder. It loads "a map" fine, but it isn't my map. I've edited statics in cities and they do not appear within WorldMaker. I've tried changing the locations, restarting. Nothing has worked. What am I doing wrong? I only want to use the program to edit the terrain and edit the Z of the terrain. Can someone please give me some help? This is the only program I've found to get me at least this far.

Safera

Page
I haven't used this program before and I'm not on my computer, but after reading the posts, it seems that the program searches your registry for the UO location path.

Try using the explanation above to edit your registry to point to the file path of the UO map.mul files that you happen to be using and see if that helps.

nico

Wanderer
hello i can be idiot but really i don t found how to change map level?... example i go to LB castle and i see from roof i want change to 2nd floor or 1st how it can be done?!